What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Outlook for the rest of the season

RalphieMalph

I don't need to remind anyone who's been a recent fan of this program of how a loss like this can affect a team long term. I read some people mentioning that blown lead against Kansas from way back, but this felt a lot more like Oregon State in 2018 to me. Following blowing that 31-3 lead, the at one time 5-0 Buffs proceeded to lose out in thoroughly lackluster fashion for the rest of the year and end up 5-7, costing coach McIntyre his job.

There's some real collective shock/trauma that can infect a program when they have a loss like this, and the next win (whenever that happens) is going to come way harder having lost this game than it would have if they'd managed to sneak out with a win in OT. There was no shortage of things to be frustrated about in the game, but the thing that worried me the most wasn't the coaching or Hunter looking uncharacteristically human, it was how you could see the team pointing fingers at each other as their lead came collapsing down. Even after we scored in the first OT, Sheduer looked angry on the sideline (as he'd looked for the entire 4th quarter) and wasn't talking with the teammates who were trying to talk to him. Shilo went out of his way to yell at covering DBs after completions on multiple occasions. Some of that kind of talk can be leadership, but this all looked a lot more like tearing people down than it did trying to elevate a teammate to do better the next time around. Prime's going to have a tough job ahead of him in rebuilding the comradery that the team had prior to the 2nd half kickoff this week.

It's going to be very interesting to see where things go from here, but I still think this team goes bowling at the end of the year. This could be a real bad time for the team to have 2 full weeks to do nothing but brood on this and play against each other (CP said about as much in his postgame comments), but making matters worse is the fact that they'll be coming back playing against a UCLA team that IMO by the time we're kicking off will be ranked in the top 10. That defense is for real, and I think coach Kelly is going to have a literal field day finding innovative and totally generic ways to shred our defense. Not looking forward to that one. Arizona is a tough team too, to be playing right after potentially getting drubbed in a near-Oregon kind of way.

But I do think that we either beat Arizona, or we beat Oregon State the week after, and then show up big time for the rivalry game to close out the season and beat Utah for the first time since what feels like about 1905. I'm calling the Arizona game as a close loss, with Oregon State being the week where they get back over the hump and get things rolling again. My prediction:

UCLA: Loss
Arizona: Loss
Oregon State: Win
Washington State: Loss
Utah: Win. In OT. And they stop being assholes about it and go on defense first after winning the coin toss.

But man I was as certain as could be that CU was going to run away with this Stanford game (was feeling like Nostradamus in the first half) so there's a very good possibility I'm completely out of line on all this. We'll see though... go buffs.

I don't need to remind anyone who's been a recent fan of this program of how a loss like this can affect a team long term. I read some people mentioning that blown lead against Kansas from way back, but this felt a lot more like Oregon State in 2018 to me. Following blowing that 31-3 lead, the at one time 5-0 Buffs proceeded to lose out in thoroughly lackluster fashion for the rest of the year and end up 5-7, costing coach McIntyre his job.

There's some real collective shock/trauma that can infect a program when they have a loss like this, and the next win (whenever that happens) is going to come way harder having lost this game than it would have if they'd managed to sneak out with a win in OT. There was no shortage of things to be frustrated about in the game, but the thing that worried me the most wasn't the coaching or Hunter looking uncharacteristically human, it was how you could see the team pointing fingers at each other as their lead came collapsing down. Even after we scored in the first OT, Sheduer looked angry on the sideline (as he'd looked for the entire 4th quarter) and wasn't talking with the teammates who were trying to talk to him. Shilo went out of his way to yell at covering DBs after completions on multiple occasions. Some of that kind of talk can be leadership, but this all looked a lot more like tearing people down than it did trying to elevate a teammate to do better the next time around. Prime's going to have a tough job ahead of him in rebuilding the comradery that the team had prior to the 2nd half kickoff this week.

It's going to be very interesting to see where things go from here, but I still think this team goes bowling at the end of the year. This could be a real bad time for the team to have 2 full weeks to do nothing but brood on this and play against each other (CP said about as much in his postgame comments), but making matters worse is the fact that they'll be coming back playing against a UCLA team that IMO by the time we're kicking off will be ranked in the top 10. That defense is for real, and I think coach Kelly is going to have a literal field day finding innovative and totally generic ways to shred our defense. Not looking forward to that one. Arizona is a tough team too, to be playing right after potentially getting drubbed in a near-Oregon kind of way.

But I do think that we either beat Arizona, or we beat Oregon State the week after, and then show up big time for the rivalry game to close out the season and beat Utah for the first time since what feels like about 1905. I'm calling the Arizona game as a close loss, with Oregon State being the week where they get back over the hump and get things rolling again. My prediction:

Utah: Win. In OT. And they stop being assholes about it and go on defense first after winning the coin toss.

But man I was as certain as could be that CU was going to run away with this Stanford game (was feeling like Nostradamus in the first half) so there's a very good possibility I'm completely out of line on all this. We'll see though... go buffs.
Hard for me to be optimistic after what I just saw and as disappointed as I am, but I still have faith. I think they eek out two wins

Until the team learns even simple things like what a scramble drill, hot route, screen pass (not of the WR variety), or outside containment are they are screwed.

Outlook.....6 straight losses to end the year.

This team is undisciplined, arrogant, and disrespectful and it all starts with the coaches. Prime gave his haters everything they need going forward tonight.
That's the thing. This team usually is the one with the least penalties and turnovers. But when you play down to teams, this is what it looks like

Watch them be disciplined against UCLA.

Let's all take a moment to appreciate 4-8.

Cause that's what's going to happen.

Kiss those 5* recruits goodbye. Probably most of the 4*s too.

Your CUCK Athletic Director, Rick George, gave new meaning to the word Cringey.
What was very Creepy and totally Cringey was your Athletic Director, Rick George wearing a picture of his coach on his clothes.
Not only that, he had the coaches name printed on his clothes.
For the Record, the Coach works For the Athletic Director, not the other way around.

Tell your Athletic Director, Rick George, to pull his head out of Deon Sanders ASSSSS and start acting like he has a modicum of maturity and dignity... what a creepy CUCK !

That's the thing. This team usually is the one with the least penalties and turnovers. But when you play down to teams, this is what it looks like

Watch them be disciplined against UCLA.
They haven't shown discipline since week 1, why would UCLA or any other game be different? There's no team, there's no discipline. Lot of individuals though.

Your CUCK Athletic Director, Rick George, gave new meaning to the word Cringey.
What was very Creepy and totally Cringey was your Athletic Director, Rick George wearing a picture of his coach on his clothes.
Not only that, he had the coaches name printed on his clothes.
For the Record, the Coach works For the Athletic Director, not the other way around.

Tell your Athletic Director, Rick George, to pull his head out of Deon Sanders ASSSSS and start acting like he has a modicum of maturity and dignity... what a creepy CUCK !

Stop with that terminology or you're getting banned.

Until the team learns even simple things like what a scramble drill, hot route, screen pass (not of the WR variety), or outside containment are they are screwed.
Until the media quits giving you false hope and saying Deion Sanders is a Hall of Fame coach after the first two games of the season...Until Deion Sanders quits making it about hims and his little boys... Your being setup for let downs. Maybe less focus on the jewels, glasses, celebrities and a GOLD PLATED HEADSET???!!! LOL!!! This is hilarous.! Who sits on the sideline throne this week? Im loving it!

This is not the type of loss a team bounces back from. Also Oregon state is going to boat race CU. Only hope for a win is Zona but they're playing gar better than anticipated

Make a bowl game and this one will be forgotten. Means we’re going to need to beat another ranked team, potentially in the road.
Rooster Teeth Off Topic GIF by Achievement Hunter

Back