What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Overall Depth

You said Sparaco was in the top group of the DL. Maybe you can explain that one.
Two things: one, I immediately followed up by saying I was generous by placing him in the top four, and two, I never said he was any kind of answer. Maybe you can explain how you we’re able to make the leap in logic from what I actually said to what you inferred.

Two things: one, I immediately followed up by saying I was generous by placing him in the top four, and two, I never said he was any kind of answer. Maybe you can explain how you we’re able to make the leap in logic from what I actually said to what you inferred.

You straight up said DL depth may not be that bad and mentioned Sparaco as a possible reason for the depth concerns being exaggerated. No "leap in logic" there.

You straight up said DL depth may not be that bad and mentioned Sparaco as a possible reason for the depth concerns being exaggerated. No "leap in logic" there.
Tell you what - go and re-read what I actually said, then think about it. Then think about it a little more, then kindly refrain from making any misguided assumptions on my intent, as you seem to be having trouble in that area.

With this year's schedule, it is going to be a miracle if CU's starters stay healthy like back in 2016.

QB: I'm not really sold on the backup QBs and it would be nice to have confidence in a backup QB. CU's history especially with Charles Johnson backing up Hagan, Hessler backing up Detmer, Pesvanto backing up Ochs, and Montez backing up Liufau...you get my drift. It'd be nice to have similar situations to Utah and Nebraska to a degree (UCF transfer now able to play this season).

We need to have one or even two dependable backups ready to go because I don't think Tucker might tolerate some of Montez's antics over the course of the season and could find the bench as a result. I just looked at the roster and all the backups are 220 if not more...that's good since the QBs probably will be running more but they need more meaningful game experience.

I'll just let others chime in on other positions.
what antics, this is just more of the same drivel made up here.

I think Sparaco can be a decent player at some point, but he’s not eligible in 2019, so let’s just forget about him until this time next year

Tell you what - go and re-read what I actually said, then think about it. Then think about it a little more, then kindly refrain from making any misguided assumptions on my intent, as you seem to be having trouble in that area.

I will let your analysis shine through instead.

To be fair you said there was a top group and then 3-4 other guys. Then followed that with, “I’m probably being generous including Sami and Sparaco in that top group.”

If anyone is inferring this wrong feel free to elaborate but that’s how it comes off...

I think Sparaco can be a decent player at some point, but he’s not eligible in 2019, so let’s just forget about him until this time next year

Would have been nice to have him this year given his size since this year's schedule could take a toll on the players. Nebraska is going to be a physical he plus the none conference games.

Hopefully injuries are kept to a minimum this year and Mel Tucker does a much better job getting the backups meaningful snaps than Mike MacIntyre did.

Would have been nice to have him this year given his size since this year's schedule could take a toll on the players. Nebraska is going to be a physical he plus the none conference games.

Hopefully injuries are kept to a minimum this year and Mel Tucker does a much better job getting the backups meaningful snaps than Mike MacIntyre did.
Colorado is going to be the physical team, Tuckers mantra! I see no reason to doubt him, he hasn't wavered on this once.

Colorado is going to be the physical team, Tuckers mantra! I see no reason to doubt him, he hasn't wavered on this once.

I'll believe him after he beats that whiny Nub coach into to the ground at midfield during the celebrity UFC match on September 7th.

well first they'd have to build a closet, then frosty has to get in the ring first so he can hide in the closet. Now when coach Tucker comes to the ring and being he's not LP Coach opens the door and would beat the ever loving crap out of frosty. I think he just walks across the field and crushes his hand during the postgame shake like he does during the game. You will believe then I bet.

Back