What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 10 Meetings Start Tomorrow and CU May Be Heading.....

Once the divisions are announced and the league gets publicized in it's new format, I'm guessing CU becomes an option for a lot of SoCal Recruits, regardless of whether the bird is still here or not.

This is all really exciting.

Go Buffs!

I can't imagine people in charge of this decision would be short sighted enough to base alignment on the records of the football team over the past 3-5 years. They need to do it so that it makes sense, not so that the teams that have been good the last 5 years are split up to ensure one division isn't more dominant than the other.

Wow, all you people are stuck in the box, while Hawkins' incredible strategery has us practically into a south division with the LA schools. Open your minds!

Wow, all you people are stuck in the box, while Hawkins' incredible strategery has us practically into a south division with the LA schools. Open your minds!

He's brilliant.

BTW, didn't WSU piece together three consecutive 10 win seasons just this decade? Talk about short memries. I know that things fell apart a bit after Price left, but a little respect for the Cougs, please.

I was seriously resigned to having the Buffs in the North division but this would be just great for the Buffs.

I cannot wait for everything to be finalized in two weeks.

With CU to the South, Hawk can now really CINCH things up!

I'm hoping for the south for CU, but as long as revenue is split evenly (and with the 9 conference games), I think we'll come out of this just fine. I'm assuming the revenue distribution will come out of these meetings as well as the division alignments?

This is why all this talk of retaining or extending Hawk is just offensive. This guy needs to be shown the door even if this team wins 8 or 9.

On a positive note, being put in the south would be fantastic.

I still prefer the zipper. As I've said (ad nauseum, I'm sure), I really want to be in the same division as Stanford. It's purely for personal/family reasons. The only way I can figure we get in the same division as Stanford is via a zipper.

Short of that, I'll take being in the South. However, I think it's prudent to point out that NorCal has a lot of alumni, too. We get a solid number of recruits from the Bay Area (Hirschman, for example). The ideal situation as far as I'm concerned would have CU playing one game in SoCal, and one game in NorCal every year. That probably won't happen, but it would be ideal.

:lol: I always knew he was brilliant!

Yes, give the Cougs some props. Meanwhile Arizona, Oregon State and Cal haven't been to the Rose Bowl since, like, 'Nam.

He's brilliant.

BTW, didn't WSU piece together three consecutive 10 win seasons just this decade? Talk about short memries. I know that things fell apart a bit after Price left, but a little respect for the Cougs, please.

The South would be great for recruiting. For my own personal reasons, I was hoping we'd get paired with UW and UO though. Love those schools.

I still prefer the zipper. As I've said (ad nauseum, I'm sure), I really want to be in the same division as Stanford. It's purely for personal/family reasons. The only way I can figure we get in the same division as Stanford is via a zipper.

Short of that, I'll take being in the South. However, I think it's prudent to point out that NorCal has a lot of alumni, too. We get a solid number of recruits from the Bay Area (Hirschman, for example). The ideal situation as far as I'm concerned would have CU playing one game in SoCal, and one game in NorCal every year. That probably won't happen, but it would be ideal.

according to both of the articles the 4 northwest schools would be pairs with the AZ schools and cu and utah would be paired with the cali schools

Back