What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC 12 Championship Game Site - Rose Bowl?

I think this is the big issue. People have already said 12-Pac fans don't travel all that well. We expect them to travel twice in one month to the same location? If you think the team is good enough to spend money to go see them in the CCG, you probably think they're good enough to risk waiting to see them in the BCS game, not the CCG.

In the end, I think we want a model where the CCG is an important game that is well-attended. If the smart people determine that there is a better chance of filling the Rose Bowl on a consistent basis (regardless of who is playing) than there would be if you rotated the game or chose a different permanent site, I guess I'm fine with the Rose Bowl.

One more reason to push for Vegas, IMO. I would rather see a smaller stadium packed than a half empty Rose Bowl, which we know would happen with some regularity. It's damn hard to get 100k people to show up for anything, especially if you're going to ask them to do it again in a month.

I think this is the big issue. People have already said 12-Pac fans don't travel all that well. We expect them to travel twice in one month to the same location? If you think the team is good enough to spend money to go see them in the CCG, you probably think they're good enough to risk waiting to see them in the BCS game, not the CCG.

In the end, I think we want a model where the CCG is an important game that is well-attended. If the smart people determine that there is a better chance of filling the Rose Bowl on a consistent basis (regardless of who is playing) than there would be if you rotated the game or chose a different permanent site, I guess I'm fine with the Rose Bowl.

Good point. I did not spend the $$$ to go to the 2001 Big 12 Championship game in hopes that I could go to the Rose Bowl vs. Miami.....

I did waste my money in Tempe that year....

CCG should be in San Francisco.

http://www.49ersnewstadium.com/#/home

It is centralized for the conference and gives the "North" some more media exposure, with the south having the Rose Bowl and Holiday Bowl within it's media footprint. Fans would be far more willing to go to the Rose Bowl, rather than "double dipping" within the same post-season.

The Basketball tourney could then be in Vegas, since the Staples Center hasn't been successful for them anyway.

CCG should be in San Francisco.

http://www.49ersnewstadium.com/#/home

It is centralized for the conference and gives the "North" some more media exposure, with the south having the Rose Bowl and Holiday Bowl within it's media footprint. Fans would be far more willing to go to the Rose Bowl, rather than "double dipping" within the same post-season.

The Basketball tourney could then be in Vegas, since the Staples Center hasn't been successful for them anyway.

Don't like NFL stadiums. Especially brand new ones.

San Diego makes more sense than Las Vegas - at least the money stays in a conference state. But what other reason is there besides 72 degrees?

I've moved from rotating between in-conference NFL stadiums to favoring playing at the stadium of the higher ranked team. It could even spur our administration to try to host the game by supporting the team more.

Back