What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC-12 Coaches and Storylines

I thought so, too, but I have been disavowed of this belief in the last couple of weeks based on a couple of conversations. He gone at 6-6 or worse. 7-5 or better, I bet money he tries to leave just like he did last year. The key people at CU will not be crying if he is gone.
Thanks.

I hope the Buffs win 8 and this whole discussion is moot...

Is Vance Joseph to CU in 2019 the craziest idea?

Sounds like another lets bring a guy in because he is a Buff idea.

VJ is a very smart, very hard working guy who in time could probably be a good college coach.

He is absolutely not right for CU though.

He has been immersed in the pro game since 2004 and he has never coordinated at a college level much less been a head coach. It is hard to imagine he has any recruiting connections to draw on and having been immersed in the pro game he wouldn't have the connections needed to assemble a quality staff.

He would also have to learn the other elements of the college head coaching job from scratch, the meeting with boosters and fund raising and overseeing the academic and behavioral end of a college team.

I have no doubts he could learn all that stuff and excel but CU doesn't have the time to wait for somebody to learn it.

Sounds like another lets bring a guy in because he is a Buff idea.

VJ is a very smart, very hard working guy who in time could probably be a good college coach.

He is absolutely not right for CU though.

He has been immersed in the pro game since 2004 and he has never coordinated at a college level much less been a head coach. It is hard to imagine he has any recruiting connections to draw on and having been immersed in the pro game he wouldn't have the connections needed to assemble a quality staff.

He would also have to learn the other elements of the college head coaching job from scratch, the meeting with boosters and fund raising and overseeing the academic and behavioral end of a college team.

I have no doubts he could learn all that stuff and excel but CU doesn't have the time to wait for somebody to learn it.
That all may very well be true, but it’s a moot point. VJ doesn’t want to coach college kids. He’d stay in the NFL as a position coach over coming to be the HC here.

Do we think he is doing a good job as an NFL HC?
Maybe not. 7 win Broncos and 8 win Buffs = Joseph and Mac both gone.

Saw Les Miles mentioned in buffzone chat today in terms of who gets a call if Mac out. Made me think VJ could enter the discussion.

Who else would CU look to? Leavitt? Random coordinator? Mike Bobo (hah)?

I guess he needs to make the Playoff and win a game to get the respect he deserves. If he gets QB play this year, I think he's got the team to do it.

I think they make a NY6 bowl this season and enter 2019 as clear Pac-12 favorites and a preseason top 5-7 team. Washington is just a little bit better this season and gets that game at home.

Back