What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 in 2020

Unleash Hell

Way to early to tell, but any thoughts on the conference next year?

I expect Arizona State to emerge as a possible favorite in the South with a second year under Jayden Daniels. USC will likely be up there, but a lot depends on what the coaching situation looks like.
Colorado could really improve next year especially if Alfano is eligible, but a lot depends on the QB as well and of course we will lose Viska, but do return a loaded WR and RB core.
Utah will likely drop to about the middle of the Pac and should be good, but not great. The Utes lose Huntley, Moss and 8 starters on defense including Fotu.
Arizona and UCLA will probably be the bottom of the south.

In the North I expect a slight decline from Oregon as they lose Herbert and most of a very good O line. They of course still have the talent.
I think Washington and Stanford both improve from this year and of course Oregon State looks to be on the rise.
Cal continues to look solid, not sure what to expect with Wazzu.

Some notable non conference matchups next year

Colorado @ Texas A&M
Ohio St.@ Oregon
North Dakota St @ Oregon
Michigan @ Washington
Alabama vs. USC (Arlington)
Oregon St. @ Oklahoma St.
TCU @ Cal
Utah @ Wyoming

I think Cal is at their ceiling with Wilcox unless he can find an offense to take the next step and still compliment his defense.

Those are some pretty solid OOC games. We need to win at least half of those. I applaud our conference brethren on their aggressive scheduling.

Arizona, ASU, Stanford, and Washington all return a good amount of experience.

I would expect ASU to compete for the South with USC while Washington is likely the clear favorite in the North.

Oregon and Utah figure to be stronger at year's end, but it might be rough going early on. Oregon is going to really inexperienced on the OL. Utah will hit the transfer market hard, so it might take awhile to gel. I think Stanford rebounds into this tier and wins 7-8 games. I also have Cal in this tier, but think they are the dark horse conference championship contender. They will have to weather defensive losses, but should have their best offense (by far) under Wilcox.

UCLA should be a fringe bowl team, but a coaching change might disrupt things there. Oregon State looks to win 5ish games a year.

I expect Arizona and Wazzu to bring up the rear next season. Do not think either team wins more than four games.

Arizona, ASU, Stanford, and Washington all return a good amount of experience.

I would expect ASU to compete for the South with USC while Washington is likely the clear favorite in the North.

Oregon and Utah figure to be stronger at year's end, but it might be rough going early on. Oregon is going to really inexperienced on the OL. Utah will hit the transfer market hard, so it might take awhile to gel. I think Stanford rebounds into this tier and wins 7-8 games. I also have Cal in this tier, but think they are the dark horse conference championship contender. They will have to weather defensive losses, but should have their best offense (by far) under Wilcox.

UCLA should be a fringe bowl team, but a coaching change might disrupt things there. Oregon State looks to win 5ish games a year.

I expect Arizona and Wazzu to bring up the rear next season. Do not think either team wins more than four games.

Washington has a hole to fill at QB-Eason declared for the draft.

Back