What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Season News (2017)

FWIW I'm thrilled that Coach Peterson will discipline even our best players when they violate team rules. This is so good for the youngsters to see that everybody is accountable for their actions. Victor is from all other accounts I've read a stand up guy and I can't wait to see him take the field later.
Yeah - it really takes balls to suspend someone when you're playing Rutgers.

Also, QB situation still a mess. Anu Solomon transfers out and they still have an "or" situation behind center?

How did Arizona get so bad so fast? They're only three years removed from playing in the CCG.

How did Arizona get so bad so fast? They're only three years removed from playing in the CCG.
Rich Rod hasn't recruited OL like Stoops did. He is like Neuheisel with a focus on speedy skill guys and the foundation of what made UA successful graduated.

Rich Rod hasn't recruited OL like Stoops did. He is like Neuheisel with a focus on speedy skill guys and the foundation of what made UA successful graduated.
I remember those Rick Neuheisel recruiting classes. 6 WR, 3 QB, 4 athletes, 3 RB, 5 DB, 2 OL and a DE, with a late LB addition.

I remember those Rick Neuheisel recruiting classes. 6 WR, 3 QB, 4 athletes, 3 RB, 5 DB, 2 OL and a DE, with a late LB addition.
Neu recruited Victor Rogers, Andre Girode and Matt Russell. He could recruit OL and LB, he just didn't do it enough.

ASU could very well be on a 7-game losing streak when they play us.

ASU could very well be on a 7-game losing streak when they play us.

Their schedule is rough.

I am still baffled about the lack of substitutions on the DL last night. They will pay for it down the line.

Wilner: 5 things we learned in week 2
  1. Pac-12 After Dark still entertaining, but exposed the conference bottom tier as questionable
  2. USC has playoff caliber talent on its lines
  3. Royce Freeman is back to being incredible
  4. Seats getting real hot for Graham and Rich Rod
  5. Oregon State is done (about a zero chance to win 5 Pac-12 games & make a bowl)

Wilner: 5 things we learned in week 2
  1. Pac-12 After Dark still entertaining, but exposed the conference bottom tier as questionable
  2. USC has playoff caliber talent on its lines
  3. Royce Freeman is back to being incredible
  4. Seats getting real hot for Graham and Rich Rod
  5. Oregon State is done (about a zero chance to win 5 Pac-12 games & make a bowl)
And his weekend wrapup explains #5 above: tough series of games for anybody
North Atlantic, 1912, iceberg ahead: Oregon State.
The Beavers have played three games, so it’s no longer early. In fact, it’s over, at least unofficially. And with five more losses, it will be official.
Their next five: Washington State, Washington, USC, Colorado and Stanford.

To be fair, I thought most people thought a bowl game was what most people thought would be success for Oregon State.
I think you're correct when it comes to most people. There an certain individual on this board that was pounding the table for OSU competing for the North this year, though, and it's always fun calling him out, even though he'll never admit to being wrong. Also, I do remember making the argument that Gary Anderson has been a Dave Aranda creation, and it's hard to argue otherwise at this point.

I think you're correct when it comes to most people. There an certain individual on this board that was pounding the table for OSU competing for the North this year, though, and it's always fun calling him out, even though he'll never admit to being wrong. Also, I do remember making the argument that Gary Anderson has been a Dave Aranda creation, and it's hard to argue otherwise at this point.

I won't downplay the Aranda angle, but I think what is hurting him the most right now is losing Sitake after only one season. Hard to rebuild when he had to replace his DC (and arguably his best recruiter) after only one season. Plus it shows how tough that job is at Oregon State. My guess is he really regrets making a rash decision to jump there.

Don't know if I'm the target here, but I don't recall ever saying they'd challenge for the North. I thought this would be a decent year for them, though.

In fact, Id really like some evidence of who, exactly, said they'd challenge for the North.

Back