What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paradise Jam (St. Thomas, V.I)- #3 Women's bball face Cincinnati (Thurs., 11/23/23, 11:00 AM MT), Kentucky (Fri., 11:00) & #10 NC State (Sat., 11:00)

Not getting calls our way at all, hoping for a totally different second-half
Needing Arronette to settle in and let us own the paint instead of their bully girl, who should have had a technical near the end of the half

The girls are playing really poorly
Missing tons of shots and made bad errors like that intentional foul, ugggh
Gotta really focus
Refs suck bad

This team isn't just winning, they are crushing average teams.

Bracketology has the Buffs as a #1 seed out of the Portland 3 bracket at this time.
I'm a b_walking mother ****er, apparently.

I always felt like #3 is too high for them. They are more of a borderline top 10 team. Great team culture, great defense, very unselfish, experienced. But the talent level is just not there.

And you will always get a game or two like this each year. Not overly worried, just move on, our goal is EE or even further, we can do it.

I always felt like #3 is too high for them. They are more of a borderline top 10 team. Great team culture, great defense, very unselfish, experienced. But the talent level is just not there.

And you will always get a game or two like this each year. Not overly worried, just move on, our goal is EE or even further, we can do it.
It was a surprise for them to be that high, but they are Top 8 talent and a Top 8 team. They did not have the right emotions and energy today, and NC State has had a great plan to mess with them on all of their strengths.
The refereeing has been terrible in that they have slanted the style of play in NC State's favor and that made this game one-sided.
Let's win the final PAC12 Tournament and go from there.

EDIT: Despise having sloppy white guys coaching women's College Basketball

They played poorly enough that I turned it off in the 4th quarter.

The team was totally off today, with the exception of Jaylyn and she had some rough moments. The officiating did not help. Our players would get hit going for a layup and fall down and it wasn't a foul. That was called on the other end and they were very good at the free throw line.

I totally agree about sloppy white guys coaching women's college basketball. Back when we hired Coach Barry, most of the coaches were women. As salaries and facilities went up, men started wanting to coach women's basketball. Leon Barmore and Bill Fennelly coached women's hoops before the big money came but there were not all that many.

I would prefer to see women coaching women in both basketball and volleyball. Coach Barry had very few assistant coaches that were male. She fired one in the middle of the season because he had a relationship with a player. There are enough women who can coach women available--especially when it comes to old white guys.

I get mad about this every year at the Iowa Girls State Tournament, too. It is changing very, very slowly. Where I really get upset, is there are lots of women who officiate in Iowa high school basketball, but who gets to officiate at the state tournament? Yes, old white men who have been doing this for 30 years. I think longevity in officiating plays a part in their selection process.

North Carolina State was where legendary Kay Yow coached for a very long time, until breast cancer got her. Looking at their record, this guy has decent record but there are lots of women out there who can coach.

Sucks that we lost, but I think there are always mitigating factors in these holiday tournaments where you play games back to back, in glorified high school gyms, a long ass way from home.

We won two, then had a rough night against a really good team. Personally, I did think #3 was an overreaction to the start of our season, but I don't think this loss means we don't belong in the top 10.

You just take what lessons you can from it, come home, and move on.

Sucks that we lost, but I think there are always mitigating factors in these holiday tournaments where you play games back to back, in glorified high school gyms, a long ass way from home.

We won two, then had a rough night against a really good team. Personally, I did think #3 was an overreaction to the start of our season, but I don't think this loss means we don't belong in the top 10.

You just take what lessons you can from it, come home, and move on.
This team is so good. Fun note- we’re still a ranked team and we are 0-0 in conference. I feel like we win the pac 12 title this year.

I never expected to go undefeated. I didn't expect to get run out of the gym. Carol Callan said it was 84 degrees outside yesterday. It had to be hotter in the gym.

We have not even hit the conference schedule. I don't know if we win the Pac. There are some really good teams in the Pac. This season, the Pac might be the toughest women's basketball league.

UCLA, Stanford, Washington State, USC, Utah. I am doubtful any team will get through the conference schedule undefeated.

They got this on Tuesday.

I never expected to go undefeated. I didn't expect to get run out of the gym. Carol Callan said it was 84 degrees outside yesterday. It had to be hotter in the gym.

We have not even hit the conference schedule. I don't know if we win the Pac. There are some really good teams in the Pac. This season, the Pac might be the toughest women's basketball league.

UCLA, Stanford, Washington State, USC, Utah. I am doubtful any team will get through the conference schedule undefeated.

They got this on Tuesday.
I think you’re right. Gonna be crowded at the top of the Pac this year. Glad we’re one of those contenders. This team, like any of those you mentioned, can end up on top. My own individual take as just a fan is to predict a CU pac 12 championship. I feel it’s gonna happen.

Back