What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul richardson is a buff

Last I recall was waiting for summer session because of possible academic issue

Yep. He needs the NCAA to grant a waiver allowing him to apply 9 summer credits toward eligibility instead of the standard 6. Given what went on in the winter semester with Simmons in the midst of a custody battle for his kid, it's likely the NCAA will be on our side with this one.

There are whispers that we'll redshirt Simmons this year if Patterson gets in, anyway. That gives Simmons a year to get things really squared away academically, ensures that he gets his diploma, and allows him a chance to be a bigger contributor in his last year of eligibility.

There are whispers that we'll redshirt Simmons this year if Patterson gets in, anyway. That gives Simmons a year to get things really squared away academically, ensures that he gets his diploma, and allows him a chance to be a bigger contributor in his last year of eligibility.

Uh oh. I hope Sacky doesn't find out about this. :smile2:

If the offense from our Spring game is any indication, you will see 3 WR sets ALL the time and you will need 6 guys to go. Many of the plays are designed to get a guy the ball quickly and try to get YAC. The TE's and WR's need to be able to block. Think Mizzou or Texas Tech.

In the spring game, I didn't see WR's making guys miss and getting much YAC.

Clemons is a big strong guy sort of like Simas. He gets open and catches the ball. But he's not electric in the open field from what I've seen.
Patterson might be a big help here if he can get in.
Cefalo and McKnight will do their part, but aren't going to make a bunch of guys miss.
Will Jefferson hasn't shown much yet, but we hear things.
Canty is sneaky quick and I think might see the field.
Darden has some size, but not a burner. Intriguing guy in the red zone. Showed some spunk last night also.

Paul Richardson has size and makes guys miss. His film looks legit to me. Unlike anyone I've seen here for a long time. If I'm right, he'll be key.

If he can play and learn the playbook he has to see the field this year. If the hype is greater than his ability right now then RS him.

[video=youtube;8MLRBra4Chc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MLRBra4Chc[/video]

Check out the clip at :40 this is exactly what I want to see our receivers do more of!

That QB would make a great TE!

From all accounts this kid passes the eye test and I am so happy he is here!

If Patterson gets in and Simmons plays I think we have to rs him just purely for depth. I am sure he could be our #2 WR this year but I think we need him more next year Celestine, Clemons, Darden, Jefferson, and Richardson all of the sudden WR is looking stacked. Finally!

Why does redshirting Simmons make more sense than Richardson? Simmons has gone thru some stuff, but he's been on campus for a season and a spring. Richardson just stepped on campus. Just curious why?

Personally, I think Richardson might have some elusiveness that we don't get from most of the rest. More of a hunch though in all honesty as I can't put too much faith in film on my computer.

Ultimately, the top 6 guys are going to play. If there's a near tie between 6 and 7, maybe the redshirt factors in. Maybe. No one on this team is playing for next year, least of all Hawkins.

Just a few short months ago, we were crying about our lack of depth at WR after Simas left. DOOM! was the rallying cry. We don't have speed. We don't have talent. We don't have depth. Our offense is going to suck!!!

Good thing that's all taken care of now. Glad to know we have all the depth that we need. No need for any more talent to help out our struggling quarterbacks. A 3-9 team certainly has no need for additional help at any position, certainly not from a mere 4* Wr. phsssshhhh, what was I thinking?

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It looks like Richardson is gearing up to see some PT this year. He's having a great camp.

I didn't think he'd be catching on this fast, but you called it Sacky. You da man.

WE need some nicknames here guys. I can't keep Richardson, Patterson, and Jefferson apart, and I work on this crap pretty much 70 hours a week! What about the casual fan who just goes to the games?

WE need some nicknames here guys. I can't keep Richardson, Patterson, and Jefferson apart, and I work on this crap pretty much 70 hours a week! What about the casual fan who just goes to the games?

It will be confusing watching tall athletic WRs on the field. Buff fans haven't seen that in a looooong time.

Hate to say this, but given Simmons brushes with ineligibility the past two summers, I think we need to play him now if he's eligible. Save the redshirt for one of the other WRs that we have a little more faith will be able to stay eligible into next season. Our APR has suffered enough and Andre makes me nervous for some reason.

Hate to say this, but given Simmons brushes with ineligibility the past two summers, I think we need to play him now if he's eligible. Save the redshirt for one of the other WRs that we have a little more faith will be able to stay eligible into next season. Our APR has suffered enough and Andre makes me nervous for some reason.
I see your logic, but we need Andre next season about 10x more than this season, with McKnight and Travon leaving. I don't see Andre seeing the field this season much unless he's taken huge a leap forward as a receiver, and nobody is raving about him let alone mentioning him. I think grooming him another year under a redshirt is the way to go.

Maybe Richardson is just that good, but as a general rule a guy is more valuable as a 5th year senior than as a true freshman especially when you consider that in this case you would be redshirting a senior in order to get a true freshman on the field. I'm not a fan of that strategy.

Back