What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Penn State transfers

I think I heard the exact opposite. USC will be treated just like Tulane.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/...ans?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"USC is not allowed to go more than 75 scholarship players, thanks to sanctions the school received in 2010 due to improper benefits. The school needs a spot for Redd, but USC believes at least one player currently on scholarship is academically ineligible. If not, a walk-on player likely would give up a scholarship."

Not the gospel truth by any means, but this is what ESPN is reporting about the situation.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/...ans?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"USC is not allowed to go more than 75 scholarship players, thanks to sanctions the school received in 2010 due to improper benefits. The school needs a spot for Redd, but USC believes at least one player currently on scholarship is academically ineligible. If not, a walk-on player likely would give up a scholarship."

Not the gospel truth by any means, but this is what ESPN is reporting about the situation.

That makes sense.

Another U$C trick??? A walk-on by definition does not HAVE a scholarship.

Another U$C trick??? A walk-on by definition does not HAVE a scholarship.

Think they mean that a walk-on who had been awarded a scholarship will give it up and pay his own way. In other news, ESPN now reporting that Robert Bolden has contacted LSU to let them know that he is transferring.

The Linebacker is transferring to Cal.
Unconfirmed. Someone jumped the gun on Twitter.

It's absolutely ridiculous that someone can transfer to a school that is technically being "sanctioned" right now. We might as well start paying players. It doesn't seem to matter to the NCAA. Oregon, Cal, Miami, Auburn and U$C have been completely unaffected.
WTF? How and why would Cal be in included in this group of teams and why would they be sanctioned by the NCAA?

That punishment was bs and horrible. The NCAA never seems to follow up on anything in the SEC...

Ohio State did the same thing we did. In their case, the NCAA delayed its findings until after it had changed the rules so that this was no longer an infraction. Buckeyes, months after CU got hit, were not penalized.

Ohio State did the same thing we did. In their case, the NCAA delayed its findings until after it had changed the rules so that this was no longer an infraction. Buckeyes, months after CU got hit, were not penalized.

That sounds typical. The NCAA also loves OSU. I really don't understand why you guys got hammered for that petty (even self reported) stuff...

On an unrelated note, Kairi Fortt, the 2010 #5 ranked OLB in that year's class made it official for Cal today. He almost committed to us out of HS though so it's a good fit and we welcome him. Another Cal LB -one of our young stars, Cecil Whiteside, was reinstated with the team recently so maybe we'll give Whoregon a good test this year.

That sounds typical. The NCAA also loves OSU. I really don't understand why you guys got hammered for that petty (even self reported) stuff...

On an unrelated note, Kairi Fortt, the 2010 #5 ranked OLB in that year's class made it official for Cal today. He almost committed to us out of HS though so it's a good fit and we welcome him. Another Cal LB -one of our young stars, Cecil Whiteside, was reinstated with the team recently so maybe we'll give Whoregon a good test this year.

So much talent, so many 7 win seasons :lol:

(hey I'd kill for a 7 win season right now)

Good news for you guys. Whiteside was one of my favorite prospects in all of the time I have followed recruiting.

Somewhat surprising a senior WR chose to leave. Would have been a good get for us as we are going to be very thin at WR this year at least until PRich comes back and that dude for PSU was also a good returner.

Honestly I don't know why anyone would commit to PSU and if you were an underclassmen, why you would stay. Knowing no matter how well you and your team plays you can't even go to a bowl game, let alone compete for the National Championship, and on top of that, PSU has been so tarnished that saying you played for PSU no longer has a positive cache to it.

You would have to be crazy to be a high level recruit and go to PSU this year.

You would have to be crazy to be a high level recruit and go to PSU this year.

Not going to be any issues with playing time, they're going to have time putting a full team on the field by the time this is over.

just saw silas redd being interviewed on espn. he said he had to make a "business decision." his eyes kinda went big after that and he followed with "you know, academically and athletically."

just saw silas redd being interviewed on espn. he said he had to make a "business decision." his eyes kinda went big after that and he followed with "you know, academically and athletically."

Let's not act as if U$C is the only team that cheats. I'm just wondering where the f our boosters are. We need them badly for OL recruiting :lol:

Back