What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Phil Steele 2019 preview

pretty solid with the exception of including guys like Jaunta'vius Johnson and Hypolite, who aren't part of the program anymore.
I like athlon's write ups. Phil Steele has detail, but it is the kind of detail that swallows the information you are interested in by drowning it in minutiae, all delivered in fine print that would make a car dealer blush.

Where’s your right hand?
tenor.gif

It just hit me...with all those transfers, suspensions, dismissals, etc those preview magazines are losing their value.

It just hit me...with all those transfers, suspensions, dismissals, etc those preview magazines are losing their value.

Those things have always been the case so the magazines have always had a degree of error due to publishing time frames. In the past those publishing lead times were even longer so more could happen.

We now though expect our information to be immediate and up to the moment due to electronic communication. In the past we had no choice but to deal with what was printed and distributed.

Those things have always been the case so the magazines have always had a degree of error due to publishing time frames. In the past those publishing lead times were even longer so more could happen.

We now though expect our information to be immediate and up to the moment due to electronic communication. In the past we had no choice but to deal with what was printed and distributed.

I was saying this in comparison to their NFL cousins. But no one beats the details of Phil.

i think the fuskers will be tough this year. doesn't mean we can't beat them at folsom. we need to bowl.

BS, I think the Nebraska Roster is still amazingly weak and there best players are so young and still do not know how to win!!! The UCF team that this staff had was and is still twice as talented as the Huskers, especially in terms of speed!!!

BS, I think the Nebraska Roster is still amazingly weak and there best players are so young and still do not know how to win!!! The UCF team that this staff had was and is still twice as talented as the Huskers, especially in terms of speed!!!

Plus UCF wasn't too far removed from an earlier 12-0 season. If Frost took a downtrodden program and got that program to those levels, would he have took a better job than the one he has right now?

Buffs favored in Folsom? Nope.

Phil Steele's Top 25:
1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Michigan
4 Georgia
5 Oklahoma
6 Ohio St
7 LSU
8 Utah
9 Notre Dame
10 Florida
11 Texas
12 Oregon
13 Mich St
14 TCU
15 Miami
16 Washington
17 Texas A&M
18 Auburn
19 Nebraska
20 Penn St
21 Iowa St
22 Stanford
23 Iowa
24 Miss St
25 Va Tech
— CFB Home (@CFBHome) June 29, 2019

After he saw this thread and me wondering if he writes for Steele, Brian Howell sent me a DM on this that I had forgotten to post. Sorry, guys. He messaged me 5 days ago.

"Just looking at AllBuffs and your thread about Phil Steele. In regards to your question about whether I write the preview for Steele, I do not. He does the work himself. I don't know him, but I do know he spends time interviewing each coach. I know he spent time on the phone with Mel for his preview. I do, however, write the CU preview for Athlon. Unfortunately, it goes to print kinda early, so a few guys who aren't here (Hypolite, Jauntavius Johnson, Blackmon, Wigley) are included in there."

TCU and Michigan State seem too high as well..

I could actually see TCU being pretty good, but hard to see Michigan State being any good on offense until proven otherwise. They were awful on that side of the ball last year.

The road splits for Oregon on offense were horrid as well. People just see Herbert and assume it is all good.

I could actually see TCU being pretty good, but hard to see Michigan State being any good on offense until proven otherwise. They were awful on that side of the ball last year.

The road splits for Oregon on offense were horrid as well. People just see Herbert and assume it is all good.
Seems like TCU will finish 4th in the Big-12 after OU, Texas and Iowa State so I don't think they will finish that high.

Seems like TCU will finish 4th in the Big-12 after OU, Texas and Iowa State so I don't think they will finish that high.

I think Texas takes a substantial step back this season. Too much to replace on defense.

Certainly appears that, nationally, expectations for the Buffs are pretty low.

Back