What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Photos of CU football

It is Dave Logan. Not Studdard though, but it is Anthony Davis sitting between Dean Steinkulher and Tony Dorsett.

But don't just guess, click the link. The pics are all captioned with names, and they are are fascinating. Remember, there are TWO pics each year, offense and defense.

Here's a couple more with interesting Buffs uniforms ...

1968 All-America offense. #79 standing is Colorado OT Mike Montler, with the jersey number on his helmet.
playboy1968ix9.jpg

playboy1966azb6.jpg

This one is fascinating too ^^^ 1966: #80 standing next to Bear Bryant is Colorado "offensive end" Sam Harris. That helmet is very interesting - looks like the silver horned helmet.

You guys can click on the links and look at these sites, the Playboy and helmets sites. I mean, you do know that, right? :smile2:

no way is that steinkuhler, he played in the 80's with rimington

No, I know it's not Steinkuhler. My subtle point was (after somebody guessed Dave Studdard and Charles White :huh:), was that you can actually CLICK ON THE LINK and read the captions. And that there are about 90 All-America photos from 48 years in there. CU is represented in more than half those years, and that constitutes what the thread-starter Varsity wanted: pics from the 50s forward for a history of CU uniforms and helmets. Varsity hasn't even been back in this thread.

Oh well ... I guess I'm just used to more traffic on message boards.

clicky clicky ... :smile2:

I dunno, I actually find those pics fascinating. Did anybody know that Randy Poltl - a starting CB for the Broncos in SB XII - was an All-America from Stanford? ... See what I mean? ... FASCINATING!

This 1970 offense is pretty interesting ... I'm telling you guys, there's Buffs almost every year. I've never even heard of Don Popplewell, but he's the All-America center:

playboy1970awd9.jpg

OFFENSIVE TEAM: Top to bottom, left to right: Bobby Wuensch (50), tackle (Texas); Dan Dierdorf (72), tackle (Michigan); Carlos Alvarez (45), receiver (Florida); Don Popplewell (59), center (Colorado); Joe Moore (45), running back (Missouri); Elmo Wright (23), receiver (Houston); Chip Kell (50), guard (Tennessee); Bill Burnett (33), running back (Arkansas); Chuck Dicus (20), receiver (Arkansas); Larry DiNardo (56), guard (Notre Dame); Bob Jacobs (90), kicker (Wyoming); Archie Manning (18), quarterback (Mississippi).

Both Manning and Dierdorf are dier-dorks.

Interesting 1972 team ... two big-time future Denver Broncos:

playboy1972alb6.jpg

OFFENSIVE TEAM: Top to bottom, left to right: Jerry Sisemore (76), lineman, Texas; Tom Brahaney (54), center, Oklahoma; Terry Metcalf (22), running back, Long Beach; John Carroll (10), place kicker, Oklahoma; Otis Armstrong (24), running back, Purdue; Pete Adams (77), lineman, Southern California; Gary Huff (19), quarterback, Florida State; Skip Singletary (64), lineman, Temple; Johnny Rodgers (20), wide receiver, Nebraska; Greg Pruitt (30), running back, Oklahoma; Charles Young (89), tight end, Southern California; Nick Bebout (71), lineman, Wyoming.
DEFENSIVE TEAM: Top to bottom, left to right: Steve Brown (44), linebacker, Oregon State; Ray Guy (44), punter, Southern Miss; Joe Ehrmann (76), lineman, Syracuse; Tom Jackson (50), linebacker, Louisville; Matt Blair (47), linebacker, Iowa State; Willie Harper (81), lineman, Nebraska; Jackie Wallace (25), cornerback, Arizona; Rich Glover (79), middle guard, Nebraska; Greg Marx (75), lineman, Notre Dame; Dave Butz (62), lineman, Purdue; Cullen Bryant (16), cornerback, Colorado; Brad Van Pelt (10), safety, Michigan State. Front: Bob Devaney, Coach of the Year, Nebraska.

playboy1972alb6.jpg

OFFENSIVE TEAM: Top to bottom, left to right: Jerry Sisemore (76), lineman, Texas; Tom Brahaney (54), center, Oklahoma; Terry Metcalf (22), running back, Long Beach; John Carroll (10), place kicker, Oklahoma; Otis Armstrong (24), running back, Purdue; Pete Adams (77), lineman, Southern California; Gary Huff (19), quarterback, Florida State; Skip Singletary (64), lineman, Temple; Johnny Rodgers (20), wide receiver, Nebraska; Greg Pruitt (30), running back, Oklahoma; Charles Young (89), tight end, Southern California; Nick Bebout (71), lineman, Wyoming.
DEFENSIVE TEAM: Top to bottom, left to right: Steve Brown (44), linebacker, Oregon State; Ray Guy (44), punter, Southern Miss; Joe Ehrmann (76), lineman, Syracuse; Tom Jackson (50), linebacker, Louisville; Matt Blair (47), linebacker, Iowa State; Willie Harper (81), lineman, Nebraska; Jackie Wallace (25), cornerback, Arizona; Rich Glover (79), middle guard, Nebraska; Greg Marx (75), lineman, Notre Dame; Dave Butz (62), lineman, Purdue; Cullen Bryant (16), cornerback, Colorado; Brad Van Pelt (10), safety, Michigan State. Front: Bob Devaney, Coach of the Year, Nebraska.

I almost just puked.

Bradlee never really bothered me ... just an drunk overrated clown.

He should kiss the ground Shanahan and Kubiak walk on for keeping him in the league 3+ years.

He should kiss the ground Shanahan and Kubiak walk on for keeping him in the league 3+ years.

It was the winning touchdown punctuated with a spike in the facemask of the CU defender that eliminated any chance of support from me.

Shanahan lost respect with me, I like Scooby-snack though. Wait, no I don't. He's agri****ed.

Back