What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Possible Replacement coaches

GoBuffs!!

Club Member
Club Member
Since everyone is talking about how we should fire Tad, I figured we should talk about who we could get to replace him, so below is my list of candidates that would bring CU to the next level:

Mike Krzyzewski – I hear that he loves boulder from that one time he played here 35 years ago! I think he would be a great fit, but I would rather have someone who has shown success in more than one place. Really liked the sink in ’82.

Rick Pitino – Available immediately, would love to check out the back room of the Gondolier. Has shown success in multiple places. Might have to out bid UCLA

Andre McGee – Patino coaching tree. Brother played for CU. Loved the Bus Stop.

John Calipari – This is who we need to make it big time. Go big or go home, we just need to take a second mortgage out on Folsom and we will start winning year 1. Year 5, we will be on NCAA suspension.

Bob Knight – Not currently working. Would take our current talent and “coach them up”.

Last edited:
6d133173d46bec006acd36574b6f7e77e85e8197.gif

I’ll take them all. Let them decide amongst themselves who gets to be the head coach and the assistants.

Looks like this was posted 15 minutes after RalphieReport made the same bad joke

Congrats on perpetuating the dense discourse surrounding CU basketball.

Looks like this was posted 15 minutes after RalphieReport made the same Awesome joke

Congrats on perpetuating the dense discourse surrounding CU basketball.

That is pretty funny, I was not aware of that at all, sorry I don't have the time to sit and read about the Buffs all day long (although it would beat my day job). I was thinking about it for a few days and didn't have time to post it, too bad I wasn't a bit earlier. (FIFY BTW)

But the sentiment is basically the same, who do you guys realistically think would be a significant upgrade? I am sure that you can bring in a new coach and get a year or two of an uptick just out of excitement, but that's a bit more grass is greener and you will be jumping through coaches every couple of years.

Until CU invests into MBB and other court sports, this is what you will get. Topped out? yes, probably But not due to a ineffective coach. Bohn may have not been good for football and CU AD in general, but he prioritized Basketball, and look at the results he got. RG comes in, and doesn't continue the same level of support, and that is what you are seeing. What you are seeing is a direct correlation between support and results.

The other annoyance with this whole conversation is relating this situation (or anything basketball related) to football. These are very different in the way they are supported, executed, and what they mean to the university.

That is pretty funny, I was not aware of that at all, sorry I don't have the time to sit and read about the Buffs all day long (although it would beat my day job). I was thinking about it for a few days and didn't have time to post it, too bad I wasn't a bit earlier. (FIFY BTW)

But the sentiment is basically the same, who do you guys realistically think would be a significant upgrade? I am sure that you can bring in a new coach and get a year or two of an uptick just out of excitement, but that's a bit more grass is greener and you will be jumping through coaches every couple of years.

Until CU invests into MBB and other court sports, this is what you will get. Topped out? yes, probably But not due to a ineffective coach. Bohn may have not been good for football and CU AD in general, but he prioritized Basketball, and look at the results he got. RG comes in, and doesn't continue the same level of support, and that is what you are seeing. What you are seeing is a direct correlation between support and results.

The other annoyance with this whole conversation is relating this situation (or anything basketball related) to football. These are very different in the way they are supported, executed, and what they mean to the university.

When you step back a look at it, Rick George REALLY, REALLY has no clue when it comes to basketball. Anybody else see the absolutely horrific "Be a Student for a Game" ticket promo that's inplay right now? OMFG.

When you step back a look at it, Rick George REALLY, REALLY has no clue when it comes to basketball. Anybody else see the absolutely horrific "Be a Student for a Game" ticket promo that's inplay right now? OMFG.

I just hope he puts a bit more effort into Basketball once he gets Football rolling. As much as I wish basketball was taken care of, I understand that football runs the show. A better discussion is what could be done at the AD level to help basketball.

I just hope he puts a bit more effort into Basketball once he gets Football rolling. As much as I wish basketball was taken care of, I understand that football runs the show. A better discussion is what could be done at the AD level to help basketball.

Football has to run the show. Period. It's the only way for athletic departments to make money. It's why CU can afford to pay $10 mil to coaches to NOT coach football this year but the men's & women's basketball facility cost $15 mil. But I will continue to be dumbfounded by the abandoning of funding of C-Unit when it was basically a rounding error in the AD's budget. Or reducing the band size/budget. RG lost sight of the little things and hopefully he can get football rolling so he can get this fixed.

Football has to run the show. Period. It's the only way for athletic departments to make money. It's why CU can afford to pay $10 mil to coaches to NOT coach football this year but the men's & women's basketball facility cost $15 mil. But I will continue to be dumbfounded by the abandoning of funding of C-Unit when it was basically a rounding error in the AD's budget. Or reducing the band size/budget. RG lost sight of the little things and hopefully he can get football rolling so he can get this fixed.
The little things in iMBB do not require football to be rolling again before they can be fixed, because, as you say, they amount to a rounding error.

Out of curiosity, what are some things that you guys think the AD could do in the near term to get things rolling again?

Overall, it seems that the excitement is just not there anymore, and I agree that if RG kept up some of the small things that Bohn was doing it could have kept going a bit, but now its gone, what are some small things that could be done?

I honestly struggle with this. Sure you could do some free burritos or some crap like that, but those seem like band-aids. The one item I thought seemed to provide a lot of excitement was the free trip to the Pac12 tournament. This may be a bit more than a rounding error, but I would guess that the economics of it in the end would work out without costing much if anything.

Also, I am sure that RG is rather involved in each sport, but I am also guessing/hoping that he isn't the only one doing it, but has an Assistant AD for basketball, do we know who that is?

Out of curiosity, what are some things that you guys think the AD could do in the near term to get things rolling again?

Overall, it seems that the excitement is just not there anymore, and I agree that if RG kept up some of the small things that Bohn was doing it could have kept going a bit, but now its gone, what are some small things that could be done?

I honestly struggle with this. Sure you could do some free burritos or some crap like that, but those seem like band-aids. The one item I thought seemed to provide a lot of excitement was the free trip to the Pac12 tournament. This may be a bit more than a rounding error, but I would guess that the economics of it in the end would work out without costing much if anything.

Also, I am sure that RG is rather involved in each sport, but I am also guessing/hoping that he isn't the only one doing it, but has an Assistant AD for basketball, do we know who that is?

We need to change the way we schedule in the OOC-The only two times the CUEC was more than half full during the OOC was for the CSU game and the Illinois-Chicago game (the day CMT met the fanbase). Here's what I'd do-Minimum two P7 teams in home/away series. No more home and homes with Air Force or 2 for 1s with irrelevant WCC teams. You get big name teams to play here-people will come. BYU drew 9000 when they were, Xavier would have had that weather not been bitterly cold that night, Auburn and Georgia both drew at least 9k when they played here. Here's another thought-Utah played Kentucky at Rupp this year in return for a game in Vegas next year. If UK would give us that same arrangement with our home game being at the Pepsi Center, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Same thing with Duke or North Carolina. No need to bring in teams from outside of this part of the country for guarantees-DU and UNC are ideal.......and Big Sky/Summit teams are fine-I'd bring Montana and Montana State down here if we needed one-offs the next couple years. We can't get in a scenario where we hope we're drawing a team like TCU IF we win two games at a tournament, and playing teams the caliber of the ones who came in here the first two months of this season do nothing but cost this team money.

in terms of improving sales of the product, the two obvous answers are winning and scheduling. I'm disappointed the AD hasn't been able to help schedule better OOC than this.

beyond that, i struggle. CU hoops is a great value -- I mention frequently where college hoops come up. I'm sure social media could improve, but that's not my area -- i'm not sure what's needed. I think the marketing locally could focus a bit more on selling the team as a Pac 12 school -- given Boulder's transplant population that marketing angle could attract some.

win. schedule better. the other stuff can help, but probably doesn't move the needle.

in terms of improving sales of the product, the two obvous answers are winning and scheduling. I'm disappointed the AD hasn't been able to help schedule better OOC than this.

beyond that, i struggle. CU hoops is a great value -- I mention frequently where college hoops come up. I'm sure social media could improve, but that's not my area -- i'm not sure what's needed. I think the marketing locally could focus a bit more on selling the team as a Pac 12 school -- given Boulder's transplant population that marketing angle could attract some.

win. schedule better. the other stuff can help, but probably doesn't move the needle.
Marketing needs to focus on students first and foremost, ALWAYS. When the students attend, the games become more fun for everyone. They create an atmosphere that make others want to attend. Get the students to go and make it fun for them and watch what happens to season ticket sales.

We need to change the way we schedule in the OOC-The only two times the CUEC was more than half full during the OOC was for the CSU game and the Illinois-Chicago game (the day CMT met the fanbase). Here's what I'd do-Minimum two P7 teams in home/away series. No more home and homes with Air Force or 2 for 1s with irrelevant WCC teams. You get big name teams to play here-people will come. BYU drew 9000 when they were, Xavier would have had that weather not been bitterly cold that night, Auburn and Georgia both drew at least 9k when they played here. Here's another thought-Utah played Kentucky at Rupp this year in return for a game in Vegas next year. If UK would give us that same arrangement with our home game being at the Pepsi Center, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Same thing with Duke or North Carolina. No need to bring in teams from outside of this part of the country for guarantees-DU and UNC are ideal.......and Big Sky/Summit teams are fine-I'd bring Montana and Montana State down here if we needed one-offs the next couple years. We can't get in a scenario where we hope we're drawing a team like TCU IF we win two games at a tournament, and playing teams the caliber of the ones who came in here the first two months of this season do nothing but cost this team money.
That's all well and good, but the dialog all pre-season is that's what we were trying to do. It's not like Tad/AD wanted this schedule, so you're not exactly breaking ground here. The one thing we could change is being less hard-nosed about accepting 2-for-1s with big schools. I get wanting to say we're a P5, we don't need to take that offer, but if that's the only way to get it on the schedule...

Take the 2 for 1’s. CU b-ball is boring this year. And clearly the ****e schools did nothing for us when we finally started playing halfway decent schools. We were like Apollo fighting the Russian.

There’s a serious need to start carrying trees on our shoulders out in the deep snow.

If such a time comes and Boyle goes, I say we try to steal the likes of Becky Hammon from the NBA, or else some legendary small college coach like Hank Smith, or an offensive powerhouse of a HC from a smaller D1.

So you posting the same low-effort joke 15 minutes after them is a coincidence? Lol. And you don’t have time to read about the Buffs except you have time to write several 4 paragraph messages on AB. Got it.

So you posting the same low-effort joke 15 minutes after them is a coincidence? Lol. And you don’t have time to read about the Buffs except you have time to write several 4 paragraph messages on AB. Got it.

“Time is relative. Or did you misread Einstein?” Dan Bern.

Heehee

Last edited:
If such a time comes and Boyle goes, I say we try to steal the likes of Becky Hammon from the NBA, or else some legendary small college coach like Hank Smith, or an offensive powerhouse of a HC from a smaller D1.

Why would Hammon come here when she'll be an NBA coach in a few years (at most)?

So, let me get this right, so you are thinking I was sitting there on another webpage hitting refresh waiting for a new article to post, read it, then take it to AllBuffs to post something similar all within 15 min.

I don't have zero time, I do read AllBuffs a couple times a day, I do post sometimes, but no, I am not monitoring multiple Buff webpages, looking to copy items. Sorry to bust your bubble.

I can see why some of the posters I view as more reputable find some of you internet trolls insufferable.

Back