What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post Arizona @ CU Game thread (Relevant)

I agree with that, after York didn't even touch the CU player and got called for a foul, miller said "What was that" got a T and then said "good" then we tossed his water bottle in disbelief. you guys honestly cant say that he is a whiny bitch for acting like that. its funny how most people cant have a realistic view of what happened. its like no one has ever watched a college basketball game before.

I don't think Miller is a "whiny bitch". I do think he is a very vocal and demonstrative coach who has trouble staying off the court. And I believe that's a big reason he got T'd up. He was way out there. What we can't know is what he said. Maybe he wanted a T to ignite his team and called the ref a cocksucker, Bull Durham style. Never know.

I agree with that, after York didn't even touch the CU player and got called for a foul, miller said "What was that" got a T and then said "good" then we tossed his water bottle in disbelief. you guys honestly cant say that he is a whiny bitch for acting like that. its funny how most people cant have a realistic view of what happened. its like no one has ever watched a college basketball game before.
You do realize how whiney that description of his actions sounds right? And Tad whines at the refs too. Miller just does it with a particularly childish bent.

That sequence isn't why we call him a whiny bitch. We call him that because he is. Coach K is a whiny bitch. There are all kinds of whiny head coaches. That doesn't detract at all from the fact he is a good coach. He just whines and pouts when he doesn't get his way. I have seen him lay on the scorer's table and pound on it with both fists during a game in Boulder before when a call went against the Cats.

Good coach, but he fuels the home crowds with his antics. Especially when his team is losing.

i dont understand how you think that miller is any different then any other coach in college basketball, 99% of coaches act like this. i dont think they are all whiny bitches. Miller is passionate and intense. He coaches until the last second of every game, he holds every one around him accountable. I dont see anything wrong with what he is doing, if Tad acted the same way (which i can almost guarantee he has at times) i would even think twice about it.

You do realize how whiney that description of his actions sounds right? And Tad whines at the refs too. Miller just does it with a particularly childish bent.
haha, he said "Good". i honestly dont see it, that call that led up to it was horrendous with other horrendous calls before that.

i dont understand how you think that miller is any different then any other coach in college basketball, 99% of coaches act like this. i dont think they are all whiny bitches. Miller is passionate and intense. He coaches until the last second of every game, he holds every one around him accountable. I dont see anything wrong with what he is doing, if Tad acted the same way (which i can almost guarantee he has at times) i would even think twice about it.

I admit Tad whines too. We weren't talking about him, but since you brought it up, you are absolutely right. A lot of coaches whine.

Miller also didn't help his perception after the post game comments about the court rushing. While he may have had a point that the Pac-12 needs to provide security to get the visiting team out of there, it came across like a temper tantrum because of the timing.

Bellamat, it's one game, get over it. You wanna cry, go do it elsewhere. That's why u just don't show up and think it's gonna be handed to you. CU earned that win, cry ref all you want though. I'd rather not have to hear it on our board.

obviously "dply" has nothing to offer.

Maybe not but I'm also not on another team's fan site looking for validation that my team is amazing. Seriously, what is it with these Pac-12 teams and their inferiority complexes? Arizona fans seem to be the worst but it is a common thing that we didn't see as much in the Big 12.

Idk, I appreciate visiting fans stopping by and offering some outside perspective. It is obvious his red colored glasses will not allow him to see things from our side so it is what it is.

It was a great college basketball game with two tournament caliber teams going at each other with everything they had. There was wildly inconsistent refereeing and big momentum swings. Everything you expect from the Pac-12.

Bellamat, it's one game, get over it. You wanna cry, go do it elsewhere. That's why u just don't show up and think it's gonna be handed to you. CU earned that win, cry ref all you want though. I'd rather not have to hear it on our board.
I made one comment about the refs in my original post, maybe i am a whiney bitch?

Idk, I appreciate visiting fans stopping by and offering some outside perspective..

I like it too, they are some of my favorite fans. I just hate the whiny fans that come on and tell us we really only won because of a conspiracy against their team. We need more Kamels on the site and fewerPac-12 cuckolds.

Idk, I appreciate visiting fans stopping by and offering some outside perspective. It is obvious his red colored glasses will not allow him to see things from our side so it is what it is.

It was a great college basketball game with two tournament caliber teams going at each other with everything they had. There was wildly inconsistent refereeing and big momentum swings. Everything you expect from the Pac-12.
My original post was intended to offer perspective on a few common themes that i saw while reading this thread, i prefaced that in the first sentence. i dont think anything i said was with "red colored glasses"

I really like my seats at the CEC behind the visitors bench because I get to watch a different coach every game. It fascinates me. More than the action on the court at times. Sean Miller is in the top 5% of whinyness that I've seen. Every other call he bitches about. He's a tremendous coach, who is very passionate, but he whines like crazy. I've seen every other coach in the Pac aside from Hurley who hasn't been to Boulder yet and by some quirk of my personal conflicts and the Buffs schedule I haven't seen an Oregon game with Altman. Miller easily takes the cake on whining. Side note: Bruiser Flint from Drexel last year was far and away the most entertaining coach to watch. His F-bomb ratio put Scarface to shame.

I really like my seats at the CEC behind the visitors bench because I get to watch a different coach every game. It fascinates me. More than the action on the court at times. Sean Miller is in the top 5% of whinyness that I've seen. Every other call he bitches about. He's a tremendous coach, who is very passionate, but he whines like crazy. I've seen every other coach in the Pac aside from Hurley who hasn't been to Boulder yet and by some quirk of my personal conflicts and the Buffs schedule I haven't seen an Oregon game with Altman. Miller easily takes the cake on whining. Side note: Bruiser Flint from Drexel last year was far and away the most entertaining coach to watch. His F-bomb ratio put Scarface to shame.

The Tim Duncan of cbb coaches. He is great but whines so much it's hard to root for him.

I like it too, they are some of my favorite fans. I just hate the whiny fans that come on and tell us we really only won because of a conspiracy against their team. We need more Kamels on the site and fewerPac-12 cuckolds.

haha, this is the problem. I never said that you guys won because of a conspiracy agaisnt our team. maybe others had but once again, have you never read a message board other than this one. You realize that most people that post on them are die hard fans on what ever topic and will likely have strong opinions?

everyone here seems to think that they are special.

I don't like where this thread is heading.

My favorite storming the field moment was in Lincoln, NE in 1990.
I vividly recall grinding my foot on the N painted on that wet AstroTurf.

That will never be topped. Storming the field, in Lincoln, after one of the greatest victories in CU history. I remember thinking that I just needed to stay in the middle of the pack in case they decided they were going to do something about this invasion that was taking place on their hallowed ground. You looked at all of the faces of people on the field, and they were all basically saying "Holy ****! We are partying on kNU's field, and they are not using tear gas or anything!" I also remember my friend running toward the goalpost, only to get a look from a cop that stopped him dead in his tracks.

I hugged so many people that I didn't know during those ten minutes or so. Still one of the best days of my life.

i guess to have a logical conversation about the game, but i guess thats not possible.
still taking comments personally. You are in "hostile" territory.

You can either take the ribbing and jawing in stride, like I and others have tried to do the few times we have posted at pointguardU, or you can let it get to you. We are all for conversation, but our opinions are likely not going to match yours so don't expect us to agree on a lot.

"Why can't these irrelevant Buffaloes idiots recognize how awesome the Arizona Gotdamn Wildcats are, like we do?"

- inner monologue of every U of A fan to ever post on Allbuffs.

still taking comments personally. You are in "hostile" territory.

You can either take the ribbing and jawing in stride, like I and others have tried to do the few times we have posted at pointguardU, or you can let it get to you. We are all for conversation, but our opinions are likely not going to match yours so don't expect us to agree on a lot.

i honestly dont know what you are talking about. i dont think i have been offended or angry or butt hurt about anything that any of you guys have said.

i really hope this doesn't come across as me taking things personally, i dont want to know what happens after 3 of those comments.

Back