What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post Arizona @ CU Game thread (Relevant)

i honestly dont know what you are talking about. i dont think i have been offended or angry or butt hurt about anything that any of you guys have said.

i really hope this doesn't come across as me taking things personally, i dont want to know what happens after 3 of those comments.

You might be getting the brunt of our anger towards all the other UofA fans that come on our site after they beat us to reminds us how they are still the kings and we the peasants. They seem to not show up after we beat them (understandable) unless they show up to tell us why our win wasn't a win. If that isn't you, my apologies.

i dont understand how you think that miller is any different then any other coach in college basketball, 99% of coaches act like this. i dont think they are all whiny bitches. Miller is passionate and intense. He coaches until the last second of every game, he holds every one around him accountable. I dont see anything wrong with what he is doing, if Tad acted the same way (which i can almost guarantee he has at times) i would even think twice about it.

I personally don't think Miller is too whiny, but I'm also a Duke fan in addition to CU. K gets called out for "whining" a lot too. I agree with you - ALL coaches work the refs, and many of the great ones (few exceptions) work the refs a lot. In fact, I wouldn't mind it if Tad Boyle worked the coaches a little bit more. The difference in semantics from "working the refs" to whining is all about personal favorites - this is a CU board after a competitive game against Arizona...so Miller is a whiner. Everyone hates Duke, so K is a whiner. Not sure why you want to keep defending this obvious difference in personal definitions.

As for officiating...come on...All established, elite programs get calls. There are many times that I think Duke didn't get a call or the refs put Duke down with their calls. BUT...I CAN NEVER complain about it, because Duke gets more of them in their favor than not. Same with Arizona... ...it was a terribly called game, but get over it man. Your team has gotten more calls than not, and they will continue to get them. It's rarely drastically unfair, but enough that it should make you pause before complaining about refs. The refs didn't lose this game for Arizona...CU should have won by a lot more in my opinion. Good game though - hope Arizona makes some noise in the tournament.

You might be getting the brunt of our anger towards all the other UofA fans that come on our site after they beat us to reminds us how they are still the kings and we the peasants. They seem to not show up after we beat them (understandable) unless they show up to tell us why our win wasn't a win. If that isn't you, my apologies.

ya, not me. At least thats not how i meant to come across, but it seems like a lot that i have said has been misconstrued so who knows. just trying to bring my perspective. I dont think you guys are interested in it.

Definitely interested in your thoughts on the game and your perspective on your team and our team. Not so much interested in discussing the refs or discussing how UofA gets rushed on almost every time they lose.

I really like my seats at the CEC behind the visitors bench because I get to watch a different coach every game. It fascinates me. More than the action on the court at times. Sean Miller is in the top 5% of whinyness that I've seen. Every other call he bitches about. He's a tremendous coach, who is very passionate, but he whines like crazy. I've seen every other coach in the Pac aside from Hurley who hasn't been to Boulder yet and by some quirk of my personal conflicts and the Buffs schedule I haven't seen an Oregon game with Altman. Miller easily takes the cake on whining. Side note: Bruiser Flint from Drexel last year was far and away the most entertaining coach to watch. His F-bomb ratio put Scarface to shame.
Altman scores very high on the "whine-o-meter."

ya, not me. At least thats not how i meant to come across, but it seems like a lot that i have said has been misconstrued so who knows. just trying to bring my perspective. I dont think you guys are interested in it.

An AZ fan defending Miller's post-game comments is indefensible. He basically greenlighted Zues or some other player to throw a punch at a fan under certain situations.

I've seen it posted on GoAZCats that a fan base reflects the character of the coach.

Miller was a "victim" of storming.
Stooges from U of A are happy to carry that banner.

It's my observation that all fan bases are about 96% common in their tendencies and culture. It's that 4% difference that makes some fanbases particularly interesting to me.

For instance. nebraska fans' insistence that they are different than other fans (when in fact that insistence is the only difference) fuels our understanding of the huskers.

The problem, of course, is that culture is like the air that you breathe. It's surrounds you, so you're seldom if ever aware of it. It exists as a set of assumptions.

This isn't aimed at Bellamatt in particular, he's been okay. But my impression of the 4% unique culture to U of A fans is a bizarre requirement to demand that other fans recognize their greatness. And sure, most fanbases do this to some regard, but not with the fervor that we see from the Wildcats around here. I mean, it comes across as a really, really insecure need to be validated.

I wonder what our 4% is?

It's my observation that all fan bases are about 96% common in their tendencies and culture. It's that 4% difference that makes some fanbases particularly interesting to me.

For instance. nebraska fans' insistence that they are different than other fans (when in fact that insistence is the only difference) fuels our understanding of the huskers.

The problem, of course, is that culture is like the air that you breathe. It's surrounds you, so you're seldom if ever aware of it. It exists as a set of assumptions.

This isn't aimed at Bellamatt in particular, he's been okay. But my impression of the 4% unique culture to U of A fans is a bizarre requirement to demand that other fans recognize their greatness. And sure, most fanbases do this to some regard, but not with the fervor that we see from the Wildcats around here. I mean, it comes across as a really, really insecure need to be validated.

I wonder what our 4% is?
Irreverence. Which may be why we don't get along well with Zona. Or the Fuskers.

I wonder what our 4% is?[/QUOTE]

We're run of the mill assholes.

I don't like where this thread is heading.

My favorite storming the field moment was in Lincoln, NE in 1990.
I vividly recall grinding my foot on the N painted on that wet AstroTurf.

27-12 is right there with 62-36 in my book of stormed fields.
THE BEST is still 20-10 from 1986 .....hands down!

THE BEST is still 20-10 from 1986 .....hands down!

Which game was where the goal posts were torn down, paraded out of Folsom, around the campus, and then eventually dumped up in Varsity or Kittredige Pond? I guess this was either the 87 or 88 season.

While I forget details, I remember the meyhem when these hard steel tubes plunged into the mass of bodies down on the field. At one point the upright was at my head level and I put my hands on it and ducked underneath to keep from getting pushed into crowd around me. Someone probably got knocked upside the head.

Soon after CU's uprights were installed with a hinge on the bottom and were quickly taken down by stadium staff to avoid a repeat.

That still wasn't as dangerous as half time beer cup fights in the student section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which game was where the goal posts were torn down, paraded out of Folsom, around the campus, and then eventually dumped up in Varsity or Kittredidge Pond? I guess this was either the 87 or 88 season.

While I forget details, I remember the meyhem when these hard steel tubes plunged into the mass of bodies down on the field. At one point the upright was at my head level and I put my hands on it and ducked underneath to keep from getting pushed into crowd around me. Someone probably got knocked upside the head.

Soon after CU's uprights were installed with a hinge on the bottom and were quickly taken down by stadium staff to avoid a repeat.

That still wasn't as dangerous as half time beer cup fights in the student section.
That was 86. I followed one of the posts out of the stadium. I remember them keeping the scoreboard up with the final for some days after.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9019013/joe-kay-sobering-rushing-court-story

Sorry...not trying to keep alive a discussion some may want dead, but while bored at work and checking out Duke boards, I figured I'd see what others' thoughts are. I saw this article posted, and think it's an interesting read.

I don't anyone on these boards want storming the court to be banned...but I guess I reconsider my stance that all security measures are unnecessary and won't do anything.

FWIW - we were on PTI the other day for this exact same topic. Wilbon, who I disagree with often, thinks all court storming should be banned, and Kornheiser likes storming the court, but does cede that safety measures should be taken.

This court storming stuff is really starting to irritate me. Not because I don't see some merit to the argument that there should be some security for safety, but because it is controlling the narrative.

All I have heard about the game since CU won, is what should be done about court storming. Nothing about Colorado being dangerous in the tourney, nothing about Tad as a coach. Nothing about Josh Scott's career performance. Its all about what the damn students do when their teams win...

This court storming stuff is really starting to irritate me. Not because I don't see some merit to the argument that there should be some security for safety, but because it is controlling the narrative.

All I have heard about the game since CU won, is what should be done about court storming. Nothing about Colorado being dangerous in the tourney, nothing about Tad as a coach. Nothing about Josh Scott's career performance. Its all about what the damn students do when their teams win...

There's an anti-CU conspiracy. When CU beat UT in the 2001 B12 CCG, the only thing the national media wanted to talk about was how UT would have won if Major Applewhite was playing instead of Chris Sims.

(If an Arizona fan or Snow finds this post hypocritical, then I have correctly channeled my inner UofA fan persecution complex)

There's an anti-CU conspiracy. When CU beat UT in the 2001 B12 CCG, the only thing the national media wanted to talk about was how UT would have won if Major Applewhite was playing instead of Chris Sims.

(If an Arizona fan or Snow finds this post hypocritical, then I have correctly channeled my inner UofA fan persecution complex)
Or poor Oklahoma. When they defeated us in the 1995 asterisk game, all anybody wanted to talk about is how Colorado would have won if only Detmer had played.

Oh...wait.

I think I might have been the first to call Miller a "whiny bitch" in this thread ... his histrionics are by far the most egregious in the conference. He threw a water bottle in the air. He's constantly on the floor when he shouldn't be and rarely gets T'd for it.

But mostly for me it's the smug little grin he has, and these little glances he shoots reporters when he talks, like "listen to me, I'm smart and you're dumb" ... this pompous privileged attitude he has ... he reminds me of a caricature of a douche bag Wall Street guy or hedge fund manager, more than a basketball coach.

i dont understand how you think that miller is any different then any other coach in college basketball, 99% of coaches act like this. i dont think they are all whiny bitches. Miller is passionate and intense. He coaches until the last second of every game, he holds every one around him accountable.

For what it's worth, I thought he was hilarious on Howard Stern.
tww-005430.jpg

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9019013/joe-kay-sobering-rushing-court-story

Sorry...not trying to keep alive a discussion some may want dead, but while bored at work and checking out Duke boards, I figured I'd see what others' thoughts are. I saw this article posted, and think it's an interesting read.

I don't anyone on these boards want storming the court to be banned...but I guess I reconsider my stance that all security measures are unnecessary and won't do anything.

FWIW - we were on PTI the other day for this exact same topic. Wilbon, who I disagree with often, thinks all court storming should be banned, and Kornheiser likes storming the court, but does cede that safety measures should be taken.
The only reason it made all the ESPN stuff is because of Sean Miller. I'm now in the "Screw Sean Miller" camp.

The only reason it made all the ESPN stuff is because of Sean Miller. I'm now in the "Screw Sean Miller" camp.
He's really not your type---he's a chubster! (We heard about your reaction to the fatty that made the cover of the SI Swimsuit edition---wasn't pretty!)

I personally don't think Miller is too whiny, but I'm also a Duke fan in addition to CU. K gets called out for "whining" a lot too. I agree with you - ALL coaches work the refs, and many of the great ones (few exceptions) work the refs a lot. In fact, I wouldn't mind it if Tad Boyle worked the coaches a little bit more. The difference in semantics from "working the refs" to whining is all about personal favorites - this is a CU board after a competitive game against Arizona...so Miller is a whiner. Everyone hates Duke, so K is a whiner. Not sure why you want to keep defending this obvious difference in personal definitions.

As for officiating...come on...All established, elite programs get calls. There are many times that I think Duke didn't get a call or the refs put Duke down with their calls. BUT...I CAN NEVER complain about it, because Duke gets more of them in their favor than not. Same with Arizona... ...it was a terribly called game, but get over it man. Your team has gotten more calls than not, and they will continue to get them. It's rarely drastically unfair, but enough that it should make you pause before complaining about refs. The refs didn't lose this game for Arizona...CU should have won by a lot more in my opinion. Good game though - hope Arizona makes some noise in the tournament.
Only because they so thoroughly DESERVE IT! (jk........love a coach who can make an NBA'er play "D" and Coach K is "da man" in that regard.)

11 out of 13 road loses, 11/13. 84%.
Do you have any statistics on the rate of court rushes for games your team won on the road?

I think this is an important part of the data we need to complete the picture and fully understand the cause and affect. Perhaps we can make some recommendations to solve your problem. Just here to help.

Back