What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Practice Bubble going up today

well, update from my bike ride home. the white tarpish external skin of the bubble has been laying flat on the sport-grass part of the practice field for about 48 hours now. my buddy who lives in Newton Court says they've tried to inflate it a couple times...only to stop and re-group. he says it doesn't look like anyone knows what they are doing....that the crew looks like a bunch of hungover undergrads that spend a lot of time standing around in groups, mingling aimlessly.

Guess we know where bcs is.

You're right.

And damn if living there wasn't the best ever. Nice big porch that looked out on the flatirons. Huge attic that "we weren't supposed to go up into" that we rented out. Absolutely NO police ever showed up despite monster parties that spilled well out into the yard. Nice secret path that went through the forest right and down the hill. Right across the street from campus. Aaand due to the parking nazi's being idiots the university actually told us it would be best to park our cars on the lawn of the english dept building next door.

Oh, and the house that was secretly taken away across the street from us ended up as one of those historic houses up at chataqua - so they don't just trash them.

But yea, if it's gunna look like a huge barn and look crappy, put it out on the east campus.

I never realized that area was University property. So the Theta Sorority and the Delta Fraternity houses were actually on campus property...

I lived on Grandview too, but on the other side of Broadway. It is a great location. Close to campus, walking distance from both the Hill and Pearl street. Two of my 5 years at CU I lived in that neighborhood.

From my vantage point on Recht Field on Friday nights, I can see all that has happened over the last couple years on Grandview Terrace. There's a monsterous new building going in up there. A bunch of houses are gone, too. The City of Boulder is pissed, but there isn't anything they can do about it.

From my vantage point on Recht Field on Friday nights, I can see all that has happened over the last couple years on Grandview Terrace. There's a monsterous new building going in up there. A bunch of houses are gone, too. The City of Boulder is pissed, but there isn't anything they can do about it.

Shouldn't you be watching the game?

Shouldn't you be watching the game?

Meh. Sometimes. When you're on one end of the chain, you sometimes don't move for a while. You just stand there. The mind wanders. Particularly when the games are slow and the action is away from the coaches. When you're right next to the coaches & players, it's a little more exciting. Three weeks ago (last game I did), I worked the clip. The clip is by far the easiest of the jobs. You pretty much just stand around and watch anything you want to. You talk to your co-horts, chat it up with the opposing team trainers & photographers. Whatever. :lol:

They actually have a clip guy? Like it's that hard for one of the 2 guys holding the end of the chains to move the clip to a yard line. :lol:

They actually have a clip guy? Like it's that hard for one of the 2 guys holding the end of the chains to move the clip to a yard line. :lol:

Well, yeah. Our regular clip guy is like 80 years old, though. We have six guys who need to do four jobs - two guys on the chain, one guy on the box, and a clip guy. It's very rare that all six guys show up on a given day, so we often shift around the jobs. I actually moved from the clip to the box at halftime last game. The box requires the most movement. You're going on every down.

However, there have been times when only three guys have shown up. When that happens, the box guy hands his box to one of the chain guys on first down, goes and moves the clip, then comes back to pick up the box. It's kind of a hassle, but it's do-able. Where we run into real problems is when only two guys show up. That happened once a couple years ago and the idot principal went and got some random high school kid to help out. Kid was 100% worthless. I ended up firing him at halftime and getting some dude from the concession stand to help out.

If you look closely at that pdf, it looks like Balch will get torn down altogether to build regular seating(with a new press box/flatirons club on top of it), but I could be misreading it. I imagine Carlson would be what Balch is now, the new entrance on that side. Although I sort of hope they never get around to demolishing Balch.

Carlson, for what its worth, does serve a purpose. Its used as a gym for intramural sports, rec center classes, etc.

It doesn't sound like it. When it comes to working with inflatables, BCS is generally the go-to guy. These guys sound completely inexperienced...

Anybody? Anybody? Guess I have to rep him. You guys are ****ing stupid.

Back