What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

q: why would miles go to michigan?

I think Miles will stay at L$U, they'll probably promote Ron English, the DC to head coach.

Just remember to keep them close to the body so they don't freeze until after they explode on a holer fan.

yep, given the forecast, we may have to resort to bringing balloons and a funnel in with us and using our natural self-storage unit and dispensing device to fill them immediately prior to launch.

:lol:

the only problem with this method is that the sun-aged 6 month old bucket of rancid camel piss that i have been aging in the back 40 for this game would go to waste if we can't pre-make the piss-balloons prior to entering.

:smile2: you know the funniest part about this annual line of bs? after the game, you KNOW there will be fuskers on the internet posting that this type of thing happened as gospel truth. "my blue-haired grandma in a walker got hit over the head with 25 gallons of aged camel piss by an angry mob of CU fans, dressed in black leather and carrying chains and knives!"

such a joke. every year. and back in stinkoln, the coaches and their kids and families are actually IN REAL LIFE drawing death threats and getting booed in high school football games and yet THEY are the "classiest fans."

So if they kieep him, he was too good for you, and if they pass over him, he is not good enough? Man, that is a real conundrum.
I think he will be on the short list if Miles leaves. From what I have heard, at least the fan base is very high on him.

Of course, Miles may not go anywhere. At the very least he will be able to parley Carr's retirement into a nice pay bump.

"Coach Miles is perfectly content here," O'Keefe said. "Whatever we can do to keep (Miles) content is what we'll do to keep him here. (Miles) is perfectly satisfied and happy. He wants to stay and we want him to stay. That's a good recipe for success."

It's also a good recipe for renegotiation.:thumbsup:

Have you ever heard me say that? I really don't think he is the coach for us. Personally I would like to see Brian Kelly as the next NU coach.

:smile2: you know the funniest part about this annual line of bs? after the game, you KNOW there will be fuskers on the internet posting that this type of thing happened as gospel truth. "my blue-haired grandma in a walker got hit over the head with 25 gallons of aged camel piss by an angry mob of CU fans, dressed in black leather and carrying chains and knives!"

My favorite is how they portray CU fans as being aggressively militant stoner granolas, like such an animal could ever exist. I love the tales of "Hug trees not Grandma" T shirt wearing Subaru driving hyper stoned students who repeatedly throw Grandma down a flight of stairs while urinating on her and then grading each other on style and distance.

they'll probably promote Ron English, the DC to head coach.

I don't think there's any chance this will happen. He's probably the only person on the current staff who will be interviewed, but Bill Martin (Michigan's AD) knows that there will be a complete fan/booster revolt if the new coach comes from the current staff.

:lol:

naw, but i might sic my dog on ya instead. of course, then i'd probably have to get her a rabies shot.

dusty, it is fusker week, so i must add my annual ad hominem attack to the mix. nothing personal. :smile2:it is just how it has to be:

DIE FUSKER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a look at the first 4. A one game season/MNC championship combo game. :wow: :lol:

I saw that as well. East coast bias among the pollsters me thinks.

Seriously, I'm gonna guess that they didn't keep good records back then. Shiat. Look at the historical CU games. We played mostly high schools, without a head coach some years, and one year decided not to have a season at all. According to the records. :lol:

I don't think there's any chance this will happen. He's probably the only person on the current staff who will be interviewed, but Bill Martin (Michigan's AD) knows that there will be a complete fan/booster revolt if the new coach comes from the current staff.

I think English is a very good possibility. He has been their most effective recruiter and promises were made to him last year so that he did not take any of the 5-6 head coaching positions he was approached about. I don't think Miles, or any other SEC coach goes to UM. The Big 10 is becoming more balanced and UM could be next year's Nebraska.

I like the "ad hominem" attack "nothing personal." Oxymorons are always get laugh from WyoBuff.

Because Michigan is Michigan and LSU is like LSU..

Take away the past 6 years, what exactly had LSU done in football in the past 25 some years? LSU is not Michigan and never will be..[/QU

1989-
Year School Record Coach
1989 Miami (FL) 11-1-0 Dennis Erickson
1990 Colorado (AP, FW, NF) 11-1-1 Bill McCartney
Georgia Tech (UP) 11-0-1 Bobby Ross
1991 Miami (FL) (AP) 12-0-0 Dennis Erickson
Washington (USA, FW, NF) 12-0-0 Don James
1992 Alabama 13-0-0 Gene Stallings
1993 Florida St. 12-1-0 Bobby Bowden
1994 Nebraska 13-0-0 Tom Osborne
1995 Nebraska 12-0-0 Tom Osborne
1996 Florida 12-1 Steve Spurrier
1997 Michigan (AP, FW, NF) 12-0 Lloyd Carr
Nebraska (ESPN/USA) 13-0 Tom Osborne
1998 Tennessee 13-0 Phillip Fulmer
1999 Florida St. 12-0 Bobby Bowden
2000 Oklahoma 13-0 Bob Stoops
2001 Miami (FL) 12-0 Larry Coker
2002 Ohio St. 14-0 Jim Tressel
2003 Southern Cal. (AP) 12-1 Pete Carroll
TIE Louisiana St. (ESPN/USA) 13-1 Nick Saban
2004 Southern Cal. 13-0 Pete Carroll
2005 Texas 13-0 Mack Brown
2006 Florida 13-1 Urban Meyer
Michigan and LSU have only 1 National title since 1989
Miami and Nebraska have won the most since 1989

Last edited:
Besides the obvious "going home" connection, easier conference, no CCG, believe it or not less pressure than at LSU, easier recruiting since you're really only battling tOSU instead of the whole SEC.

On a side note, word is that Brian Kelly will be their #2. Interesting couple of years for that gentleman.

Back