What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

QB in the 2013 class

We should only take a QB this cycle if he is a top 18 or so guy overall and at least a 3 star. I like the point made that this is the year we could get a kid from the west coast with less fight from Washington and UCLA which is nice. I think at least one of our QB's will transfer after the spring depth chart is announced. It will likely be Schrock or Dorman and I think that is the best situation for everyone.

Being from North Dakota I would be happy to see either one of those guys transfer to NDSU. Can someone tell me how that would work since NDSU isn't D1. I know we need another QB this year for my local team.

We should only take a QB this cycle if he is a top 18 or so guy overall and at least a 3 star. I like the point made that this is the year we could get a kid from the west coast with less fight from Washington and UCLA which is nice. I think at least one of our QB's will transfer after the spring depth chart is announced. It will likely be Schrock or Dorman and I think that is the best situation for everyone.

Being from North Dakota I would be happy to see either one of those guys transfer to NDSU. Can someone tell me how that would work since NDSU isn't D1. I know we need another QB this year for my local team.

Why would Shrock transfer? Would make no sense.

NDSU don't need no CU QB! NDSU would spank CU.

One thing to keep in mind is that 2013 appears to be a really deep class for QBs. Scout has 29 QBs in their initial top 300 (the first time in four years there are more than 20). This might not be the best year to pass on taking a QB.

Why would Shrock transfer? Would make no sense.

Doesn't want to be a career backup. Looking for a scholly instead of paying tuition.

Those are a couple reasons.

I don't think Dorman will transfer and I still think he could be a serviceable guy down the road as a Jr. or Sr. but we will see.

I really doubt Burnette transfers.

Doesn't want to be a career backup. Looking for a scholly instead of paying tuition.

I don't think Dorman will transfer and I still think he could be a serviceable guy down the road as a Jr. or Sr. but we will see.

FYI, he decided to graduate. no longer with the team.

Where would he go get a scholarship? I don't recall him having any offers out of high school so it would seem ver counter productive.

Where would he go get a scholarship? I don't recall him having any offers out of high school so it would seem ver counter productive.

Dorman or Schrock could both get schollies at D2 schools, probably even FCS schools, especially if they got endorsements from the CU staff.

That said I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that either one is leaving. Maybe someone else here knows something but it looks like they are here for the future.

I didn't know Burnette graduated. I guess that doesn't really open up a scholly since he was a SR but where does that put us at for the 85 total? Are we at 83 now? That could be a very good thing for Berk(different thread) who wants to enroll early.

My assumption was that competitive nature would kick in for either Dorman or Schrock and that one of them would transfer to a smaller place where they could be the QB for 2 years. I have no inside info that either one is considering leaving accept that being a career backup would suck. Even in Colorado.

The 85 isn't an issue for early admittance. As of Jan 1, the seniors will no longer be counted as eligible for the spring, when he'd be coming in. The 85 will be relevant for the fall of 2013 and he counts against that number, as will anyone else who comes to campus either in the spring or fall of 2013.

The 85 is the big relevant number and the only way to recruit guys and not have them effect that is to have them grayshirt. Commit in 2013 and show up in Jan 2014 for the spring.

And that makes it tough on a kid like Josh Ford who probably deserves a scholly but that would count against the 85 for next year. The only way around that is put him on scholly for 1 year for his effort so far and put some metrics in place to earn it the following year. Hard for Embree to have Ford paying his own way and have guys on scholarship who have been here longer and are listed behind walk-ons...

Last edited:
Back