What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quarterbacks

that was my welcome back.... thought ball sacky was into the whole offseason "****" mode.

The reason all of this is happening is because our overall team talent level is poor - almost at every position. The coaches don't come out and say this directly, but it is indirectly said when they openly stated that they expect all of the receivers in the last recruiting class to see plenty of playing time this season. These guys haven't even stepped on the practice field, and won't until fall. That says alot about what the coaches think about the talent of our veterans. We are still 2 or 3 recruiting classes away from contending - we have to give Hawkins time.

I was thinking the same thing. As much as I hate to admit it I think this season will be another throw away season. We are just beginning to get the kind of talent we need to compete at the national level and almost none of it has any experience. At this point I'd be delighted with a 6-6 '07 campaign and I think expecting more than that given our talent level is unrealistic(that 's not to say I don't want more, I do, I just don't expect more - yet). I think this season will be one with a lot of young guys cutting their teeth so that we can be solid in '08 and a contender in '09.

I was thinking the same thing. As much as I hate to admit it I think this season will be another throw away season. We are just beginning to get the kind of talent we need to compete at the national level and almost none of it has any experience. At this point I'd be delighted with a 6-6 '07 campaign and I think expecting more than that given our talent level is unrealistic(that 's not to say I don't want more, I do, I just don't expect more - yet). I think this season will be one with a lot of young guys cutting their teeth so that we can be solid in '08 and a contender in '09.

Agreed!

Neuheisels teams had more talent when people were calling for Zac Colvin to get the start. This team has a lot bigger problems than just the QB position. My bet is BJax gets the nod so that Hawk can keep the current depth chart for the future intact.

Agreed!
My bet is BJax gets the nod so that Hawk can keep the current depth chart for the future intact.

Based on what I'm hearing out of Spring ball, that doesn't seem very likely. Apparently, they're lining B-Jax up at WR again.

Agreed!

Neuheisels teams had more talent when people were calling for Zac Colvin to get the start. This team has a lot bigger problems than just the QB position. My bet is BJax gets the nod so that Hawk can keep the current depth chart for the future intact.

My bet is BJax is moved permanently to WR before spring ball ends.

My bet is BJax is moved permanently to WR before spring ball ends.

It makes a lot of sense. You know how Hawk likes the trickery and if Bjax is on the field we essentially have two Qbs in on the play. If we can shift Bjax to under center on some plays it gives us a dimension of trick plays that we haven't had in a long time. We just need Bjax to be a productive WR in the regular set so they won't be looking for the trick play everytime he comes in.

How about this prediction:

BJax will start at WR against CSU.

From what I have seen in practice, he's as good at catching the ball as anyone they currently have. Now that either says a lot about him or very little about our current WRs.

How about this prediction:

BJax will start at WR against CSU.

From what I have seen in practice, he's as good at catching the ball as anyone they currently have. Now that either says a lot about him or very little about our current WRs.

I'm not sure of that.

While I admire Jackson's work ethic and dedication - I just don't think he's all that special of an athlete. Certainly, he is more mobile than the other two QBs vying for the starting job - but his passing is clearly a liability, as is his ability to remember/adapt to the playbook. But beyond that- to me he doesn't seem all that talented as a playmaker. I don't remember ever seeing him outrun anyone. I don't remember ever seeing him take a play 70+ yards for a TD.

As much as I like Jackson- I am REALLY hoping that these freshmen who are set to arrive in Boulder in a few months can catch, can run routes, and can do something with the football in their hands.

I'm not sure of that.

While I admire Jackson's work ethic and dedication - I just don't think he's all that special of an athlete. Certainly, he is more mobile than the other two QBs vying for the starting job - but his passing is clearly a liability, as is his ability to remember/adapt to the playbook. But beyond that- to me he doesn't seem all that talented as a playmaker. I don't remember ever seeing him outrun anyone. I don't remember ever seeing him take a play 70+ yards for a TD.

As much as I like Jackson- I am REALLY hoping that these freshmen who are set to arrive in Boulder in a few months can catch, can run routes, and can do something with the football in their hands.

actually, bjack is very good with the ball in his hands. and he did have like a 50 or 60 yard run up the middle last season. i agree that he hasn't shown the ability to pass or to operate the offense that we need, but you are way offbase on your comment that he is not all that talented. his talent and playmaking are why he's shifted positions 5 or 6 times-- he is a very good athlete and both this staff and the last wanted to find ways to use him. but, he's been shifted around so much, it has really hurt his development.

he's very good in space with the ball-- very elusive, very tough runner, and he has a good burst and good top end speed.

in the right offense, he'd be a pretty good qb. with enough reps at wr, he would have been a good wr. he's not a rb, imho, but he could definitely have been a solid kr or pr too.

he'll see the field. he just won't be starting at qb unless disaster strikes.

I'm not sure of that.

BJ outran the entire KSUcks D on about a 70 yard run last year.

Pessimist! Hey, CU looks to be GREATLY improved based on spring ball results. Last year they were in every single game into the fourth quarter!

Pessimist! Hey, CU looks to be GREATLY improved based on spring ball results. Last year they were in every single game into the fourth quarter!

Last year they were in every game because of the defense. The losses to graduation of defense will hurt us going into next year. I'm not sure about 2-3 recruiting classes away from being a good team but I think we need at least 1 more solid O-Line class plus a year for the line to gel.

Let's face it, it would be hard for this team to NOT look greatly improved compared to last year.

Last year they were in every game because of the defense. The losses to graduation of defense will hurt us going into next year. I'm not sure about 2-3 recruiting classes away from being a good team but I think we need at least 1 more solid O-Line class plus a year for the line to gel.

Let's face it, it would be hard for this team to NOT look greatly improved compared to last year.

Welcome to Allbuffs.

I do think the D will be a strength again this year. Losing Abe, JJ, Boye-Doe and Thad hurts but I think there are guys that are capable of replacing them. And even if the O is just mediocre instead of awful, the D will benefit. That said, the schedule this year is brutal.

Hey!! What kind of name is that??!!!

One that I could think up while bored at work and looking at the rain clouds. Look at the Location under my name and it might make sense.

Well I figured that out. Just be warned that you run the risk of people confusing you with me. As long as you don't mind being lumped in with the newly unemployed pinko of the board, you will be fine. :lol: :lol:

If I were you, I would change my name to something more unique, like wispy, or Junction.

Thank you for the welcome. Been lurking for a while and I'm long since bored with the dribble over at netbuffs. Community here seems much better. :thumbsup:

The community here is MUCH better. Since you're a netbuffs refugee from Orygun :lol: , I have to ask - would you be the artist formerly known as Portland?

:wave: :gobuffs:

welcome NW! :smile2:

The community here is MUCH better. Since you're a netbuffs refugee from Orygun :lol: , I have to ask - would you be the artist formerly known as Portland?

I am not the artist known as Portland, although I've always wondered which Buff fan at the watch parties that one was. I have posted as Buffnstuff on netbuffs and buffbackers in the past. Tired of that handle, time for something new.

Not sure I want to be confused with unemployed pinkos (I thought there was no unemployment in communism), but I'll stick with it for now.

On to the subjects at hand...

I'm originally from NM, so I was bummed we didn't get Jones. Artesia is in a part of the state that is basically West Texas, so I wasn't surprised. Most kids over there look at the Texas schools as in-state.

QB this year. I don't give a rip who it is but I want somebody to step up and seize the reigns of the program. I'd like to see one player win the position outright rather than the coaching staff picking "the best we got".

In my opinion CU is still at least another year away from significant improvement. At the very least, the O-Line class that is coming in needs a year of learning and coordination. Flashy skill players are fine, but games are won and lost along the line.

Not sure I want to be confused with unemployed pinkos (I thought there was no unemployment in communism), but I'll stick with it for now.

A pinko is not necessarily a Communist. (And I'm not actually a Communist sympathizer, even though there are Allbuffers who seem to think so.)

Welcome to the board. Now start dropping some "****s" and "****s" into your posts, newb!

I am not the artist known as Portland, although I've always wondered which Buff fan at the watch parties that one was. I have posted as Buffnstuff on netbuffs and buffbackers in the past. Tired of that handle, time for something new.

On to the subjects at hand...

I'm originally from NM, so I was bummed we didn't get Jones. Artesia is in a part of the state that is basically West Texas, so I wasn't surprised. Most kids over there look at the Texas schools as in-state.

QB this year. I don't give a rip who it is but I want somebody to step up and seize the reigns of the program. I'd like to see one player win the position outright rather than the coaching staff picking "the best we got".

In my opinion CU is still at least another year away from significant improvement. At the very least, the O-Line class that is coming in needs a year of learning and coordination. Flashy skill players are fine, but games are won and lost along the line.

Hey, its been a few years and brain cells but I remember Buffbackers. Welcome! Now get me a ****ing beer.:thumbsup: :smile2:

welcome nw.

don't let the other nwd fool you-- he is a closet stalinist. :lol:

welcome nw.

don't let the other nwd fool you-- he is a closet stalinist. :lol:

He's not a closet stalinist. He's "come out" if you will. A full fledged commie bastard. Probably drives a Subaru.

Welcome NW, it's good to have new folks over here. I'm sure when the football season starts again, you'll see about 10 new posters show up from over there. It happens every year.

Back