What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quote from little Joey Ganz

lb my opinion is based on what I've observed and heard from not only spring ball, but just from watching football in general. We all know that experience only helps the QB which Ganz is lacking in. I suspect part of Ganz's problems last season with INT's came from his lack of experience in game time situations. I'm just going with the norm that most QB's get better and more comfortable with the more game time they get. I think he'll start the season with an unfortunate amount of INT's, but he'll get more comfortable and get better as the season goes on. Obviously he has some talent if he is the starting QB? Our offense should do okay, but the defense is going to be the biggest question mark going into this season.

lb my opinion is based on what I've observed and heard from not only spring ball, but just from watching football in general. We all know that experience only helps the QB which Ganz is lacking in. I suspect part of Ganz's problems last season with INT's came from his lack of experience in game time situations. I'm just going with the norm that most QB's get better and more comfortable with the more game time they get. I think he'll start the season with an unfortunate amount of INT's, but he'll get more comfortable and get better as the season goes on. Obviously he has some talent if he is the starting QB? Our offense should do okay, but the defense is going to be the biggest question mark going into this season.

then by your logic, you should agree that the buffs are going to crush the skers, as they have been developing together now for longer than your scheme?

:smile2:

hmmmmmm guess that explains colt mcccoy's stats at Texas in 2006, his freshman year, and Sam Bradford's at OU and his stats in 2007, his freshman year....

read SMQ's articles on the subject of "experience" and QB's. Basically he found this out:

QB's except in extremely rare cases (almost all of which are round 1 draft picks), REVERT to the MEAN.

So McCoy had a great frosh year, but reverted. Bradford most likely will actually have a WORSE year.

Cody should be moderately better, but he willalmost certaintly never light the world on fire.

So Ganz, barring some unknown impressive amount of talent he has hidden, will actually be worse this year...

It sure doesn't help that Watson is calling the plays either! :devil:

then by your logic, you should agree that the buffs are going to crush the skers, as they have been developing together now for longer than your scheme?

:smile2:

If you look at the thread in the newsroom I've already said that CU will finish higher than NU this year in the standings in the Big XII North. CU is ahead of NU as far as rebuilding goes and recruiting goes. I said that in that thread earlier and it's obviously the truth. My prediction though says that the NU/CU game will be a toss-up. It doesn't matter who is ahead of who when these two meet because it's always a game with alot of passion and hate so the gloves come off during this game and it's usually intense. I will never say the Buffs are going to crush the Huskers. In my mind we will always beat you......:smile2:

hmmmmmm guess that explains colt mcccoy's stats at Texas in 2006, his freshman year, and Sam Bradford's at OU and his stats in 2007, his freshman year....

How do you explain McCoy's sophomore year then? Prepare yourself for a downturn in Bradford's stats as well. :smile2:

read SMQ's articles on the subject of "experience" and QB's. Basically he found this out:

QB's except in extremely rare cases (almost all of which are round 1 draft picks), REVERT to the MEAN.

So McCoy had a great frosh year, but reverted. Bradford most likely will actually have a WORSE year.

Cody should be moderately better, but he willalmost certaintly never light the world on fire.
So Ganz, barring some unknown impressive amount of talent he has hidden, will actually be worse this year...

It sure doesn't help that Watson is calling the plays either! :devil:

I have a question about Cody Hawkins if you could enlighten me a little bit on him. I was reading an article, I don't remember where, where they were talking about Colorado and Cody. It doesn't sound like he's a world beater in the QB department by any means and I want to ask do you think you have someone better waiting in the wings? I'm just asking a general question here everyone so don't get defensive on me and start getting pissed, I just don't know much about the kid.

Cody: smart kid, has yet to shown the ability to be smart enough to avoid putting his teamin horrible situations every now and again (see, bowl game, first pass).

Would have had a lot better stats last year (possible record breaking amount of TD's in a single season for CU) if his WR's had not dropped so many balls.

Basically a system QB that is already planning life past CU that does not include the Pros. However, some system QB's (see Timmy Chang vs. a certain ex CU QB) are better than others.

In the end I fully expect Hawk to be an above average college QB. He should break every single passing record (and some of the bad ones to sadly) in CU's book before he is done. He is a gamer with a penchant for comebacks. If Josh Smith could hold onto a ball that hit him in the #'s, CU would have had 1st and almost goal with just a minute to go against KU. However, I am pretty confident that Cody will never bust his pick bug (roughly 10 a year is what I expect).

And no, we don't have a world beater in the wings unless someone really comes on in the next year or two, hence my expectation that Cody breaks all sorts of records.

By the time of the NU game, you will be worrying more about our backfield then our QB

yes it will be very difficult for him (Bradford) to to improve on 36 TD passes, passing efficency, and such as they were all freshman records. He does have a very solid, if not better group of wide receivers and TE's this year and the running backs are a more solid group this year than last with the 2 new recruits. They also have the same 5 guys up front blocking and working together for 2 years now, some for 3 years. I expect a drop off of course, not much though if he stays healthy and plays with the system. He may even re-write the soph. record book.

His junior year is when you will see a huge drop off I think, as 3 maybe 4 starters will be gone off the offensive line...

As far al McCoy is concerned, he had 3 new offensive linemen to work with, watch how much McCoy scrambled last year compared to his frosh season. plus their best receiver Limas Sweed was hurt most of the season. Charles was a decent back for them. Plus Texas's defense, especially their secondary was way below what we have come to expect from a Mack Brown defense and that put pressure on the offense to perform.

How do you explain McCoy's sophomore year then? Prepare yourself for a downturn in Bradford's stats as well. :smile2:

See above..... and s long as he throws 7 td passes 11/1 all will be good.....:thumbsup:

Cody: smart kid, has yet to shown the ability to be smart enough to avoid putting his teamin horrible situations every now and again (see, bowl game, first pass).

Would have had a lot better stats last year (possible record breaking amount of TD's in a single season for CU) if his WR's had not dropped so many balls.

Basically a system QB that is already planning life past CU that does not include the Pros. However, some system QB's (see Timmy Chang vs. a certain ex CU QB) are better than others.

In the end I fully expect Hawk to be an above average college QB. He should break every single passing record (and some of the bad ones to sadly) in CU's book before he is done. He is a gamer with a penchant for comebacks. If Josh Smith could hold onto a ball that hit him in the #'s, CU would have had 1st and almost goal with just a minute to go against KU. However, I am pretty confident that Cody will never bust his pick bug (roughly 10 a year is what I expect).

And no, we don't have a world beater in the wings unless someone really comes on in the next year or two, hence my expectation that Cody breaks all sorts of records.

By the time of the NU game, you will be worrying more about our backfield then our QB

Thanks for the infomation on Cody and from the small amount of time I've watched him I can see what you are saying with the gamer comment. He seems like a real tough S.O.B. for his size and that seems to be his real downfall with everything, his size. I've heard a few so called, "experts" say that no NFL team will look at him seriously due to his size, but you never know I guess.

Don't be surprised if our backfield is a little more impressive this season than last as I think we will shift about 60/40 to the run side instead of being more balanced. Roy Helu is turning some heads this off-season and is pushing Lucky for the starting spot. Quentin Castille will still be used in short yardage situations since he such a bruser of a running back, but he has fumblitis so hopefully he'll get over that.

See above..... and s long as he throws 7 td passes 11/1 all will be good.....:thumbsup:

Right now if feels real good to be playing OU again during the regular season, but come 11/1 after the game I'll be hating life! I fully expect OU to win the Big XII this season, once again, and if for some reason they don't I see Texas Tech taking it all. I really don't think the top team in the North this next season will be able to take either one of those teams, but I would love to be proved wrong. OU is loaded once again and Texas Tech has an impressive team coming back as well. Good luck to the Sooners on 11/1, but I doubt they will really need it. :huh:

My prediction though says that the NU/CU game will be a toss-up. It doesn't matter who is ahead of who when these two meet because it's always a game with alot of passion and hate so the gloves come off during this game and it's usually intense. I will never say the Buffs are going to crush the Huskers. In my mind we will always beat you......:smile2:

but you were able to concede defeat to the sooners? since you did, you may as well go all the way and become a realist. :smile2:

but you were able to concede defeat to the sooners? since you did, you may as well go all the way and become a realist. :smile2:

I don't think you'll ever hear me say that CU will beat NU due to the hate rivalry there. At one time yes we were rivals with OU, but that rivalry has passed and the sooner us Husker fans realize that the better. We have a hate rivalry with you guys so it's not in my dna to say you'll beat us. :lol:

I don't think you'll ever hear me say that CU will beat NU due to the hate rivalry there. At one time yes we were rivals with OU, but that rivalry has passed and the sooner us Husker fans realize that the better. We have a hate rivalry with you guys so it's not in my dna to say you'll beat us. :lol:

dna has nothing to do with it. consider this little ditty which i extracted from the most dreaded red site: in discussion of football 202 with the husker staff and has beens, the OP kept repeating one concept that was taken from the day...

the huskers do not know how big of a hole they are in, and how long it will take to get out.

that is from the man behind the curtain, it sounds like? at any rate, let's discuss this hole. you are not stuck in a hole that is top ten, but missing the mnc. you are not in the hole that is at the top of the conference, unable to grab a title.

you are in a far more serious hole, which should register as exhibiting similarities as being blistered by the seven winds of hell.

being as that is true, and your own coaching staff admit it, what is the fundamental problem with your dna?

Last edited:
dna has nothing to do with it. consider this little ditty which i extracted from the most dreaded red site: in discussion of football 202 with the husker staff and has beens, the OP kept repeating one concept that was taken from the day...

the huskers do not know how big of a hole they are in, and how long it will take to get out.

that is from the man behind the curtain, it sounds like? at any rate, let's discuss this hole. you are not stuck in a hole that is top ten, but missing the mnc. you are not in the hole that is at the top of the conference, unable to grab a title.

you are in a far more serious hole, which should register as exhibiting similarities as being blistered by the seven winds of hell.

being as that is true, and your own coaching staff admit it, what is the fundamental problem with your dna?

Well obviously they know more about the program than I do considering they get paid to do the job. I could only be so lucky to have that as my job. I don't have any problems with my dna. I'm just simply saying that as a fan I feel I have an obligation to have, at times, a blind passion for my team that causes me to have unrational thoughts and throw reasoning out the window. Even if we are in a hole, which I will agree that we are at this time, I will still remain optimistic that we will have at least a decent season for the most part. If we have a horrible season it won't change my passion for my team and my love for the game. It might make me drink more and cause my liver to do flips, but in the end I'll remain devoted to the team as would most of the folks on the board. :thumbsup:

Well obviously they know more about the program than I do considering they get paid to do the job. I could only be so lucky to have that as my job. I don't have any problems with my dna. I'm just simply saying that as a fan I feel I have an obligation to have, at times, a blind passion for my team that causes me to have unrational thoughts and throw reasoning out the window. Even if we are in a hole, which I will agree that we are at this time, I will still remain optimistic that we will have at least a decent season for the most part. If we have a horrible season it won't change my passion for my team and my love for the game. It might make me drink more and cause my liver to do flips, but in the end I'll remain devoted to the team as would most of the folks on the board. :thumbsup:

ok, ok! i am hearing ya! :smile:

but - if you know you are in a hole, how do you predict an 8 win season (i think - i am SO sorry if i got the number wrong). is an 8 win season exemplary of being "in a hole"?

ok, ok! i am hearing ya! :smile:

but - if you know you are in a hole, how do you predict an 8 win season (i think - i am SO sorry if i got the number wrong). is an 8 win season exemplary of being "in a hole"?

I think the best we will finish this season is 7-5 with 8-4 a long shot. I doubt we finish any better than that. We could be as bad as 5-7 this season. It's a crap shoot right now because I don't know how the team will respond to Pelini and his coaching staff. 7-5 is an improvement and a step in the right direction. It would definately help to have a foundation to build on and also to recruit on.

Back