What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ralphie Going To Cal?

Easy solution to that - borrowing from CU urban legend history....

So my old man is a '70 CU grad. He told me a story of during his time there, back in the day when we played the Zoomies, the Zoomies were coming to Boulder for a game. Of course due to the Vietnam War, there was definitely no love lost between Air Force cadets and Boulder students.

Anyway, some Zoomies hatch a scheme to steal Ralphie before the game as a prank. They had learned that Ralphie was a female and was always heavily sedated to allow easier handling by the Handlers. So they think "easy day, we'll use our Zoomie training for a night op, sneak up to the corral and lead the sleepy buffalo away from her home."

Little did the Zoomies know that CU had its own counterintelligence unit that had learned of the dastardly scheme. To turn the tables, Ralphie was taken to a secret location for the evening before the game, and in her place at her normal sleeping place - sat an angry, unsedated, male buffalo waiting for the unsuspecting Zoomies to arrive.

Well, they did, and I'll leave the rest to your imagination. Picture that video of the woman filming the buffalo in Yellowstone...

Again, this is definitely from the annals of CU Urban Legend Lore - but might be a good tactic against some industrious 'Huskers if Ralphie were to ever travel to Lincoln.

Is this story from the Chronicles of the Ron Navy? As far as I'm concerned, anything uttered from that man's mouth is hand-to-God FACT; and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise! I would be more than happy to donate the angry, unsedated, male buffalo from my family's ranch for any future counterintelligence operations. However, we're gonna need a much bigger and reinforced trailer because Ralphie's current trailer could never hope to contain on of those Bulls when they're angry... and they are ALWAYS angry!

Is this story from the Chronicles of the Ron Navy? As far as I'm concerned, anything uttered from that man's mouth is hand-to-God FACT; and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise! I would be more than happy to donate the angry, unsedated, male buffalo from my family's ranch for any future counterintelligence operations. However, we're gonna need a much bigger and reinforced trailer because Ralphie's current trailer could never hope to contain on of those Bulls when they're angry... and they are ALWAYS angry!

None other. Don't ever doubt the words coming from a man who played on the last HS football team from Pueblo to win a CO State Championship - '65 Central Wildcats baby! - oh yeah, and let's not forget one who worked at The Sink when it was the Boulder original Burger and Beer garden! I love my old man. Hasn't done 59 14ers like 'Leash's but pretty cool nonetheless.:thumbsup:

Easy solution to that - borrowing from CU urban legend history....

So my old man is a '70 CU grad. He told me a story of during his time there, back in the day when we played the Zoomies, the Zoomies were coming to Boulder for a game. Of course due to the Vietnam War, there was definitely no love lost between Air Force cadets and Boulder students.

Anyway, some Zoomies hatch a scheme to steal Ralphie before the game as a prank. They had learned that Ralphie was a female and was always heavily sedated to allow easier handling by the Handlers. So they think "easy day, we'll use our Zoomie training for a night op, sneak up to the corral and lead the sleepy buffalo away from her home."

Little did the Zoomies know that CU had its own counterintelligence unit that had learned of the dastardly scheme. To turn the tables, Ralphie was taken to a secret location for the evening before the game, and in her place at her normal sleeping place - sat an angry, unsedated, male buffalo waiting for the unsuspecting Zoomies to arrive.

Well, they did, and I'll leave the rest to your imagination. Picture that video of the woman filming the buffalo in Yellowstone...

Again, this is definitely from the annals of CU Urban Legend Lore - but might be a good tactic against some industrious 'Huskers if Ralphie were to ever travel to Lincoln.

Truth or not, I don't know.

I will say this, however: I've known a lot of hippies in my day, and I've worked very closely with the Air Force over the years. I'd put my money on hippies to outwit the Air Force every single time, except maybe in Air Superiority where the powder blue service is actually pretty good (in a bloated, over-resourced sort of way).

On a slightly similar note, I'm a fairly good friend (and former squadronmate on several occassions) with the guy who led the team which successfully stole the mules from Westpoint before one Navy/Army game. I think it's the only time it's happened. They were rounded up by the FBI shortly after they returned to Annapolis. I think they beat the **** out of the Mules security guards, if I remember the story correctly.

Back