What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ralphie Report: Williams charged with harassment, no longer with football program

RSSBot

News Junkie
COLLEGE FOOTBALL: NOV 13 Colorado at UCLA

Photo by Will Navarro/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

It’s a blow to CU’s defensive front.

Colorado Buffaloes linebacker Alvin Williams is no longer with the team due to an ongoing domestic violence issue. The news, first reported by BuffStampede’s Adam Munsterteiger, was followed up with details from the Denver Post on Tuesday.

William, 20, was charged with misdemeanor harassment from an incident with his ex-girlfriend on Feb. 15.

According to Boulder Police, the incident happened in the midst of a fight with Williams saying, “If I ever see you again, I am going to beat the **** out of you,” and “if you’re still in the parking lot, I’m going to beat you right now.”

Despite the accuations made by the woman, Williams denied saying he would physically harm her. He also told police the woman used a racial slur against him, and using language like that where he was from “would get their ass beat.”

William was arrested and released on Feb. 16 on a personal recognizance bond, according to court documents.

The former three-star product from Ellenwood, GA came to Boulder as an original recruit under Mel Tucker in 2019. He wrapped up an impressive high school career as a major contributor to Cedar Grove’s state championship with 104 tackles, 14.5 sacks and 30 tackles for loss before committing to CU.

It’s a bit of a loss for the future of the Buffs defensive core after Williams was a tremendous standout during Colorado’s scrimmage and into camp.

“(Williams) has been here a couple of years with me and, yes, he’s still a young player in terms of his years, but he’s been around and been in our system for a good bit of time,” CU head coach Karl Dorrell said in May. “So, it’s good to see those guys kind of step up and let their natural instincts go a little bit more because they’re confident that they know what they’re doing.

Williams appeared in the final six games of the 2021 season with three tackles and a pass deflection.

by Jeff Hauser
Continue reading...

So, they got in an argument, she allegedly called him the n word, he allegedly said he’d beat her ass and then he was arrested. No physical altercation of any kind? If that’s the long and short of it, this doesn’t even reach the HC’s desk at any major program, let alone get a player kicked off the team.
I have a very low tolerance (like none) for domestic violence but the response to this seems way over the top.

Honestly how many couples, especially young couples get into an angry verbal exchange. As you said there was no physical altercation, we don't know the details but there is not even an indication that he approached her and threatened her by actions.

Was there a witness who could verify that he used threatening words.

Unless there are some things we don't know about like additional evidence or a history it's a big move to cost a guy his scholarship and spot on a team on a he said/she said situation.

The article said “ongoing domestic violence dispute” but only described one incident. So it’s a little confusing. If he was expelled only for that single incident then we have a huge problem. If there was more too it, the article should’ve been more clear.

Last edited:
They present 'zero' reason to believe he's lying and she's telling the truth. "He said, she said", with no injuries or witnesses, is often a good defense case at trial

They present 'zero' reason to believe he's lying and she's telling the truth. "He said, she said", with no injuries or witnesses, is often a good defense case at trial
CU’s tribunal doesn’t operate anything like the normal legal system. The accused isn’t even allowed to have representation. But in this case we don’t even know, or I don’t, if this was a University level decision or an AD level decision.

CU’s tribunal doesn’t operate anything like the normal legal system. The accused isn’t even allowed to have representation. But in this case we don’t even know, or I don’t, if this was a University level decision or an AD level decision.
University level. KD told Adam that it was not a football program decision and it was out of his hands.

• Angry
Reactions: DBT
No one ever wants to see a young man threaten a woman, or anyone, with violence. But if this was one incident where they got in a yelling match and words were exchanged, then there should be an effort made by the school to correct the behavior without such punitive measures. I’d say probation.

If he was continuing to threaten her after the initial outburst, then I’d be more likely to agree with more severe punishment. We don’t know what all of the facts are here. But I’ve always had a big issue with the CU committee approach to enforcing student conduct.

CU kangaroo court is a joke. Friend of mine had daughter at CU. Her and 8 roommates were waiting outside on the porch of their house for multiple Uber rides during covid. All were ticketed by BPD for "large group" not distancing blah blah blah, and didn't care they were all roommates living in the same house. Of course reported to CU and ended up needing lawyers. $3k in legal fees for each each kid fighting the tickets because kangaroo court was going to kick everyone out of school their senior year. CE didn't even want to hear explanations even after BPD dropped charges.

CU kangaroo court is a joke. Friend of mine had daughter at CU. Her and 8 roommates were waiting outside on the porch of their house for multiple Uber rides during covid. All were ticketed by BPD for "large group" not distancing blah blah blah, and didn't care they were all roommates living in the same house. Of course reported to CU and ended up needing lawyers. $3k in legal fees for each each kid fighting the tickets because kangaroo court was going to kick everyone out of school their senior year. CE didn't even want to hear explanations even after BPD dropped charges.
CU is such Trash. Glad I went there when it was an honorable school a long time ago.

Back