What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ranking of CU's Recruiting Class

I'm a lifelong buffs fan and a lurker on this board for some time. This is where I came to find the Buffs on TV last year. I had to register. I like this class. They are getting DE's that are faster than some WR's. Last year they had no lateral speed. I don't like Yuri Wright. If he doesn't clean up his act, I'll want him gone. TCU and Boise state do well with kids like these. CU won 2 of their last 3? Once they started dropping some of the bonehead penalties, they were better and I don't see anybody in the PAC 12, except Oregon and USC and UCLA and Cal and maybe a couple of others do much better. (How did UCLA get a top 15 class?) I like this class. I like the job the staff is doing. All along I hoped and wished for them to snatch a couple 4- 5 star kids, but if they don't I still like this class.

Finally popped your AB cherry! :lol:

I agree with your post (other than Yuri - difference of opinion and either of us could be right).

Regarding UCLA, they get more undergrad applications than any other school in the country and are in LA. They should pull in a top 25 class every year. They're the aTm of the Pac-12. I think their team motto is, "We do less with more".

A top 35 class should have been the expectation all along IMO. Good work by the coaches.

There are still some schools that can leapfrog us, esp. from the SEC and Big 10. But an overall damn good class for a 3-10 team. Can't wait to see who they close it with!

There are still some schools that can leapfrog us, esp. from the SEC and Big 10. But an overall damn good class for a 3-10 team. Can't wait to see who they close it with!

Yep, thats why I said "for now".

It is a damn fine class, and only one school is ahead of us that also had a losing season last year. Hard to get classes like these after our recent struggles. The coaches have been woring their tails off.

As for next year, I don't know if we can do much better with our ranking because of a much smaller class, so we need to focus on quality over quantity. USC's small class is right with us in the rankings, but their star average blows us out of the water, and I don't see us pulling in a small class like USC can.

Veru nice job! And COnnor Wood doesn't even count in the rankings!:thumbsup:

No thank you. These are the Buffs, my buffs, not the Miami Hurricanes. Wrights sexism is common to every eighteen year old male in the world and just displays his immaturity. I don't begrudge him that. His other prejudices seem to be family traditions, handed down to him. He could be this years Lynn Katoa. If he will be, I hope it comes out sooner than later.
Last year I read this forum religiously and attended every practice and scrimmage I could. I bought into it and drank the Kool-aid. Not this year. I expect them to be better, but I'm going to try to keep my optimism under control and pick 5 wins, subject to change at the last possible moment.

No thank you. These are the Buffs, my buffs, not the Miami Hurricanes. Wrights sexism is common to every eighteen year old male in the world and just displays his immaturity. I don't begrudge him that. His other prejudices seem to be family traditions, handed down to him. He could be this years Lynn Katoa. If he will be, I hope it comes out sooner than later.
Last year I read this forum religiously and attended every practice and scrimmage I could. I bought into it and drank the Kool-aid. Not this year. I expect them to be better, but I'm going to try to keep my optimism under control and pick 5 wins, subject to change at the last possible moment.
Like what? When his dad splashed a Jewish lady? Get real. Would it have been racist if he had splashed a black lady or a white lady? Was it racist that I didn't let a Asian cut in front of me when I was heading home from the gym? **** no.

Don't be this years jrk.

Like what? When his dad splashed a Jewish lady? Get real. Would it have been racist if he had splashed a black lady or a white lady? Was it racist that I didn't let a Asian cut in front of me when I was heading home from the gym? **** no.

it would if you didn't let her in simply because she was asian...

I guarantee that Yuri Wright will not get into off the field trouble as a Buff. Guarantee it, and if he does feel free to neg rep me into oblivion and ban me from the site.

We need to take a chance on a guy like Yuri and frankly, I didn't his tweets were too bad. Embo will take care of him.

Yuri is a risk. Every player you take is a risk. You're risking that they will run afoul of the law. You risk that they'll do poorly in class. You risk that they'll not perform on the field. There are risks with every player you recruit. You have to weigh those risks with the potential rewards. I said this before and I'll say it again - Embree bought himself a long, long leash on this kind of stuff when he cut Brock Berglund loose. I believe Embree is a good judge of character and if he is comfortable with Yuri, than I'm comfortable with Yuri.

Now #32 with Rivals. Still #26 with scout. Jacobs would give us a shot at the 20's with Rivals, but I'm still happy having a top 35 class right now.

It's odd, because Rivals has had Powell listed for us for a while but we have the same number of points in their rating system as we did yesterday, 965.

It's odd, because Rivals has had Powell listed for us for a while but we have the same number of points in their rating system as we did yesterday, 965.

So I'm not crazy. That's what I thought we were at. Haters be hatin?

Doesn't Rivals just use the top 20 players in the class to rank? If so, Powell must have the same or lower ranking than our 20th guy. Thus, the number doesn't change. I think we have twenty or more than twenty 3* players in the class.

Doesn't Rivals just use the top 20 players in the class to rank? If so, Powell must have the same or lower ranking than our 20th guy. Thus, the number doesn't change. I think we have twenty or more than twenty 3* players in the class.

I don't know - I guess I assumed they used 25 since that's the signing limit. But 20 makes more sense for class averaging, I guess.

Edit: NM, he's a 5.6 now. will update the profile. Guess that UCLA offer hurt his stock. Still shoulda bumped us a bit.

As a 5.6, he's in the top 13 rated guys in the class, so he bumped someone off "counting" that was lower rated in the top 20. Maybe his position isn't considered as much of a need as the kid he bumped? Odd that it had no effect at all on the rating number.

[B said:
PA Buff Fan[/B];1061889]I know it will probably change, but I just looked on Scout and we are ranked #25 and still # 5 in the PAC

i thought this was a joke handle at first :lol:

#33 and #29 have exceeded my expectations. Bonus points for winning a lot of battles for recruits against other good schools and handling many needs on the team.

Can't wait to see these kids take the field!!!

Back