What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ranking Tracker

It would be a huge win for the PAC. I'm torn on who to root for between Duke and UCLA. I really dislike coach K and his constant whining but at the same time I want Zona's win over them to hold merit. What do you guys think?

The Pac 12 is getting a lot of press as being up there with the Big 10 as best conferences this year...a win by UCLA over Duke would be another huge feather in the cap so gotta pull for the conference in this one

It would be a huge win for the PAC. I'm torn on who to root for between Duke and UCLA. I really dislike coach K and his constant whining but at the same time I want Zona's win over them to hold merit. What do you guys think?
Born a Terps fan, safe to say there's no team I dislike more in college basketball than Dook!

UofA is already number 1. Nearly unanimously also. The Duke game, really doesn't matter at this point for you guys. You're own continued success does. Root for UCLA so that when you beat them in the next month or so that win looks more impressive. We should all be in full conference support mode right now.

We beat OSU, and as long as Kansas or Baylor don't do anything stupid between now and their games against OU and ISU to open Big12 play, CU should jump into the top 15.

Syracuse could jump Arizona since they still have a game against #8 Villanova in the non-conference (12/28).

Clearly you go for UCLA. And I'm not a "win one for the Pac guy" typically.

Clearly you go for UCLA. And I'm not a "win one for the Pac guy" typically.

We also have to root for Stanford to win at home against UConn this week. They also go to Michigan (better hope for a dead crowd in that one).

We also have to root for Stanford to win at home against UConn this week. They also go to Michigan (better hope for a dead crowd in that one).

Stanford's playing at UConn (in Hartford), and the Michigan game is neutral-site in Brooklyn...

True. I don't stop hating while I hope they win in the non-conference.

It's not so much that I root for them. It's more like I'm sitting on my couch yelling, "Don't **** this up for CU, you assholes!".

I'd like to know how many teams have 3 wins over top 30 RPI teams. UCSB probably will eventually drop out of the top 25 RPI but that's a quality win right now. 2 opportunities against top 10 RPI teams on neutral/home court in the next 3 weeks. Gotta like Buffs chances of sniffing top 10 AP/Coaches rankings by Jan. 6. At very least, should maintain top 15 RPI going into February.

I'd like to know how many teams have 3 wins over top 30 RPI teams. UCSB probably will eventually drop out of the top 25 RPI but that's a quality win right now. 2 opportunities against top 10 RPI teams on neutral/home court in the next 3 weeks. Gotta like Buffs chances of sniffing top 10 AP/Coaches rankings by Jan. 6. At very least, should maintain top 15 RPI going into February.

Slow down. If we lose to Oklahoma state we probably drop out of the top 25.

Almost certain the Coaches since we're 24, but there's a chance we stay in the AP with a close fought loss. For example, Iowa was 23 last week and stayed in at 25 after a 3 point loss at #17 Iowa State

And a win at home against Oregon would likely vault them back in. Buffs will probably be favored in that game. Not getting that far ahead here. Just looking at the next 4 games and saying I like our chances of ascending to new territory. Excuse my optimism. Not for everyone.

And a win at home against Oregon would likely vault them back in. Buffs will probably be favored in that game. Not getting that far ahead here. Just looking at the next 4 games and saying I like our chances of ascending to new territory. Excuse my optimism. Not for everyone.

You're not excused. Pretty soon you be stealing boydbuff and tini's thunder.

CU checked in at #23 in ESPN's (debut) BPI.

FFS.

QBR and now BPI? I don't think ESPN understands how the advanced metrics community works. ESPN seems to think that if they make up a new metric, and provide a vague description of how the metric works while still retaining the secret sauce behind a curtain that the community will just fall in line and accept the metric.

FFS.

QBR and now BPI? I don't think ESPN understands how the advanced metrics community works. ESPN seems to think that if they make up a new metric, and provide a vague description of how the metric works while still retaining the secret sauce behind a curtain that the community will just fall in line and accept the metric.

The thing that annoys the hell out of me is that when ESPN starts doing all of its bubble talk a month from now, they'll refer to BPI more than they will RPI. Doesn't matter that the Selection Committee uses RPI. All that matters is what ESPN's proprietary metric says. Funny thing is, by the time we get to Selection Sunday there isn't much difference between the two.

FFS.

Yep, QBR is silly, though they now have the recently appointed messiah of advanced metrics, Nate Silver, on pay roll for their SPI (Soccer Power index) Ha!

The thing that annoys the hell out of me is that when ESPN starts doing all of its bubble talk a month from now, they'll refer to BPI more than they will RPI. Doesn't matter that the Selection Committee uses RPI. All that matters is what ESPN's proprietary metric says. Funny thing is, by the time we get to Selection Sunday there isn't much difference between the two.

That's mostly just the true ESPN shills who do Sportscenter. The college BB guys who have enough of a name to stand on their own don't ever seem to mention it. I could be wrong seeing as I'm pretty good at tuning out most ESPN talking heads.

Yep, QBR is silly, though they now have the recently appointed messiah of advanced metrics, Nate Silver, on pay roll for their SPI (Soccer Power index) Ha!

Now wait a minute, I actually like that one because it says that the USMNT actually has a shot this summer. :nod:

Back on topic, however: i've been going to realtimerpi to look at the daily rankings; is that pretty much the best site out there? It gives a good daily national, conference and team breakdown (and is free).

Now wait a minute, I actually like that one because it says that the USMNT actually has a shot this summer. :nod:

Back on topic, however: i've been going to realtimerpi to look at the daily rankings; is that pretty much the best site out there? It gives a good daily national, conference and team breakdown (and is free).

There's probably no "best". That's the one I use. Strangely, different RPI reporting sites give slightly different ranks.

This site's pretty damn good, though, and I may switch from RealTimeRPI to this: http://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/rpi/

They also do an S-Curve with tourney seeding projections and a lot of other more detailed stuff.

Only moved down one spot back to #21 after the loss in the AP.

THat's huge news. We stayed in the top 25, and we got only one game this week. Staying in the top 25 rankings is huge for program perception, especially if Boyle wants those elusive top 25-50 type players.

Back