What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Heading Forward

Not really worried about Dustin Thomas. Typical struggles for a freshmen. At some point, the light will go on for him.

You're taking a pretty liberal interpretation here, based on athleticism alone. Thomas has so much more offensive skill than King, I'm not sure I ever see that gap closing. Also, if you're only looking at athleticism, I'd still give J-Hop the nod out of the freshmen.
It's the same reason a guy like Rondae Hollis Jefferson was a top 25 recruit despite having very little basketball skills. Coaches look at an elite athlete like that and figure of they can teach them how to play basketball they'll be amazing. Dustin, skill wise, is a million times more polished than George. He's the most polished freshman we have, but he's got more limitations than George, Jaron, and Fletcher.

It's the same reason a guy like Rondae Hollis Jefferson was a top 25 recruit despite having very little basketball skills. Coaches look at an elite athlete like that and figure of they can teach them how to play basketball they'll be amazing. Dustin, skill wise, is a million times more polished than George. He's the most polished freshman we have, but he's got more limitations than George, Jaron, and Fletcher.

I get that. Where we differ is your impression of King as a superior athlete. I don't see enough athletically to differentiate King and with as far behind as he is fundamentally, I really don't even see his ceiling as a P12 starter.

What's so bad about a guy who can shoot but not do much else well (like Grabau)? I don't think Baylor regrets having Heslip. We have 13 scholarships, that's enough to diversify strengths/weakness, can still have plenty of guys who can rebound and defend. We don't need a team of clones.

What's so bad about a guy who can shoot but not do much else well (like Grabau)? I don't think Baylor regrets having Heslip. We have 13 scholarships, that's enough to diversify strengths/weakness, can still have plenty of guys who can rebound and defend. We don't need a team of clones.

jg had a great post just now in the hoops forum about how the offense is designed. 3pt shooting ability simply isn't an ability that is so highly valued that it would trump defensive ability, rebounding ability, ability to beat a guy off the dribble, or the ability to get out and run. So I guess our working theory is that Tad would only recruit a pure shooter if the kid brought some of those other things to the table.

Oddly, you seem to often use examples of teams in free-fall mode (Oregon transfers, Baylor shooters) to prove Tad's recruiting deficiencies.

Strange debate tactic.

The guy that has 88 wins in less than 4 years disagrees with you...and I will take his side more often than not

For anyone with a Rivals sub, do yourself a favor and read Will's roundup. Tons of good information on the 2015 guard targets.

I think CU should make signing Hemsley their #1 priority. Seems to be the most likely of our top targets. Land him, and I think another domino will fall the Buffs way.

I think CU should make signing Hemsley their #1 priority. Seems to be the most likely of our top targets. Land him, and I think another domino will fall the Buffs way.

I REALLY like Hemsley. Any combination of Hemsley & Rex/Walker/Simon/Boatwright would be amazing.

Back