What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting weekend (12/9-11)

KIDS LIKE FLASHY ****. The more flashy **** you throw at kids on these trips, the more they'll love it. Doesn't have to have a damn thing to do with football. Welcome to big boy recruiting.
I guess i didn't realize other <holds nose> big boy </h> schools did that.

If Coach Prime authorizes painting a GT40 Buff colors we will know we have made a mistake.
I’m not a car guy, at all. Paint that thing. lol.
Now… if we were talking Lemond’s red Bottecchia TT bike from when he won the tour by 8 seconds… no way that gets painted Buff colors. But then….

If Coach Prime authorizes painting a GT40 Buff colors we will know we have made a mistake.
Leave it as is and have the graphics guys photoshop CU colors like they do when showing a coach in CU clothing before they've ever coached a game if it's that important.

It’s really not hard. Just get them wrapped for a few thousand.

View attachment 56900View attachment 56901View attachment 56902
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Most of these kids don’t know the significance of the GT40. They’d be just as happy with a shiny gold lambo and blacked out Ferrari.
I have no idea of the significance of a GT40. Is there some connection to the program or is it just cool car with a history? I did watch Ford v Ferrari. That was a really good movie and great (sad) story.

I have no idea of the significance of a GT40. Is there some connection to the program or is it just cool car with a history? I did watch Ford v Ferrari. That was a really good movie and great (sad) story.
The Movie you reference is the significance of the GT40. The most dominant race car of its era, the car that took down Ferrari, and the pinnacle of Shelby (Although you could also argue that the Cobra is in the conversation). The GT40 was absolutely dominant.

The Movie you reference is the significance of the GT40. The most dominant race car of its era, the car that took down Ferrari, and the pinnacle of Shelby (Although you could also argue that the Cobra is in the conversation). The GT40 was absolutely dominant.
Yes. I've watched a few videos of people finding the originals of that car, and how insanely tiny it was. (I guess that's what a Le Mans race car was in the day.) But the color scheme was not red and white like the one in the photo with the recruits. It was a pale blue with some red highlights. So, I don't get the problem with a Buff colored one, I guess. But... again... I'm far more interested in bikes than cars. lol

Last edited:
Yes. I've watched a few videos of people finding the originals of that car, and how insanely tiny it was. But the color scheme was not red and white like the one in the photo with the recruits. It was a pale blue with some red highlights. So, I don't get the problem with a Buff colored one, I guess. But... again... I'm far more interested in bikes than cars. lol
Sorry, I was responding to your specific statement and I didn't realize that this was your question. The GT40 came in a multitude of color schemes if you bought one. The race color scheme was often different than the one that you could get if you bought a GT40 retail (Track cars were often baby blue with orange stripes, or Ford blue with white stripes. The cars that could be bought from the dealer came in a variety of colors, red/white. blue/white, and this actually includes a black and gold scheme, I believe). The joke is that you would NEVER...EVER....repaint such a rare, valuable and iconic car a color different then its original paint scheme. It would diminish its value.

EDIT: Also, if I had to guess, this car probably came out of the garage of a booster, probably Steven Tebo

Sorry, I was responding to your specific statement and I didn't realize that this was your question. The GT40 came in a multitude of color schemes if you bought one. The race color scheme was often different than the one that you could get if you bought a GT40 retail (Track cars were often baby blue with orange stripes, or Ford blue with white stripes. The cars that could be bought from the dealer came in a variety of colors, red/white. blue/white, and this actually includes a black and gold scheme, I believe). The joke is that you would NEVER...EVER....repaint such a rare, valuable and iconic car a color different then its original paint scheme. It would diminish its value.

EDIT: Also, if I had to guess, this car probably came out of the garage of a booster, probably Steven Tebo
Well Stevie should have bought a black and gold one, then.

I never would want the GT40 wrapped as
the GT40 is arguably the greatest and most distinguished American* car ever built ,but you could get an AMG G wagon, or any other sports car that’s $200-500k and murder it out with gold accessories. We aren’t recruiting historians or engineers.

*with the help of the British lol

As an aside, Colorado has two of the most incredible (little known) car collections for public viewing. There is a Shelby Museum in Gunbarrel that is open only 1-2 days per week, and contain some of the most rare, track credentialed Shelby classics in existence. It is hidden out of the way, and you wouldn't know about it unless you went looking for it.

In Gateway Canyon, the owner of the History Channel has one of the most astonishing historical car collections I have ever seen. you can pay $10, and walk around for hours (and likely not see another human)

Thanks for patience in explaining. Not to be dense or contrary (which is a huge struggle for me), but the car shown at the stadium seemed fairly new, not a "classic" from the era, or a referb of an older car. I can understand keeping a classic "as is." But a modern car is just a production version of a classic, unless I'm missing something (which should be assumed). I guess I don't get the "never ever" repainting of a modern car, but I think it's an interesting discussion.

Last edited:
Thanks for patience in explaining. Not to be dense or contrary (which is a huge struggle for me), but the car shown at the stadium seemed fairly new, not a "classic" from the era, or a referb of an older car. I can understand keeping a classic "as is." But a modern car is just a production version of a classic, unless I'm missing something (which should be assumed). I guess I don't get the "never ever" repainting of a modern car, but I think it's an interesting discussion.
Couple of things here. Ford did a reproduction of the GT40 in the early 2000's and again a few years ago. Both are exceptional cars, rare, and rapidly went up in value. While these newer versions have certainly endured people repainting them as desired, if you're a collector, you would not repaint these either due to their investment value.

What was on Folsom field was the original version, (or a replica...which is hard to determine from the pictures provided). But if it is a true original, it is not out of the question that it still looks brand new due to being pampered and garaged during its lifetime, or it has been restored to new condition.

Last edited:
It also helps that the 67 MK 4 was so revolutionary that it literally just got called a new age super car. It’s over 50 years old and you thought it was new. That’s how incredible of a vehicle it is.

Best
As an aside, Colorado has two of the most incredible (little known) car collections for public viewing. There is a Shelby Museum in Gunbarrel that is open only 1-2 days per week, and contain some of the most rare, track credentialed Shelby classics in existence. It is hidden out of the way, and you wouldn't know about it unless you went looking for it.

In Gateway Canyon, the owner of the History Channel has one of the most astonishing historical car collections I have ever seen. you can pay $10, and walk around for hours (and likely not see another human)
post of the day

I visited that a few years back. Very awesome. I think it was the Discovery Channel owner. He was in the process of selling it so I am not sure the museum will be there for much longer.

I visited that a few years back. Very awesome. I think it was the Discovery Channel owner. He was in the process of selling it so I am not sure the museum will be there for much longer.
You're correct....it is the Discovery Channel owner. Got my wires crossed.

For those that are interested.

Here is the Shelby Museum in Boulder: https://www.shelbyamericancollection.org

Here is the one in Gateway: https://www.gatewaycanyons.com/gateway-auto-museum/

I believe the Discovery guy sold the hotel there, but I am unsure as to the future of the museum. There is also an outfit there that will allow you to rent and drive the hell out of some exotics....or there used to be anyway. Sorry for nerding out on y'all

I believe the Discovery guy sold the hotel there, but I am unsure as to the future of the museum. There is also an outfit there that will allow you to rent and drive the hell out of some exotics....or there used to be anyway. Sorry for nerding out on y'all
Not to worry.... We all have our own realm of power nerd-dom. (Personally, I've been waiting for the first opportunity to throw down some D&D sub-references, hoping to find a thread that keeps it rolling. You want to talk nerd.... I can TALK nerd.)

Sorry one more thing. I couldnt afford to rent the awesome rigs but if you do the highway up the river canyon would be a fantastic place to test out the performance. Literally one of the best drives in Colorado.

Sorry one more thing. I couldnt afford to rent the awesome rigs but if you do the highway up the river canyon would be a fantastic place to test out the performance. Literally one of the best drives in Colorado.
It is mind blowingly fun to drive in a fast car that can handle, and absolutely gorgeous

I love Porsche's, but my memory is that they have more unique exotics. Pagani's in the pictures, I have also seen a stable of Aventadors there, and once saw a Koenigsegg. I have never rented from the outfitter, but can only imagine it is super cheap. I have driven that canyon a bunch of times, but only twice the way it *should be done in really fantastic cars.

If you like older cars also worthwhile to see the Clive Cussler car collection in Arvada.

https://www.cusslermuseum.com/

Vehicle vault in Parker has some interesting cars, too. Not sure if on same level as these other though

Back