What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Remaining BBall Recruiting Targets

OK. Because it was LongtimeBuff on Rivals who saw the VIP treatment being given to a 6'7" recruit with a goatee and wearing a black letterman's jacket with a gold K on it. He thought that the Daniels photo looked like the guy he saw. Hmmm.

Jarion Henry is a 6'8" uncommitted prospect out of Dallas' Kimball HS. 4* on Rivals, 4* on Scout, 3* on ESPN.

Here's the photo for you guys (doesn't look much like Adams, but I thought I'd give it a shot):

JARIONHENRY11_20150.jpg

I'd be pretty happy if it was this guy:

6'10" 250lb Kevin Johnson from Taft HS (Dinwiddie's team). 3* on Rivals, 3* on Scout, 3* on ESPN. 84" (7 foot) wingspan on a huge frame.

209949.jpg

I'd be pretty happy if it was this guy:

6'10" 250lb Kevin Johnson from Taft HS (Dinwiddie's team). 3* on Rivals, 3* on Scout, 3* on ESPN. 84" (7 foot) wingspan on a huge frame.

209949.jpg

Ding Ding Ding! I'm not 100% sure it was him but with some more facial hair, he looks more like the guy I saw. And I really only noticed because the guy accompanying him was completely decked out in CU gear (overly so) so it made me wonder if it was a recruit or some guy who was embarrased that his dad was wearing too much of one team's gear. :)

The "K" on the letter jacket is still a little weird. To be honest, I spent most of my time trying to remember the Colorado recruits' high schools figuring they had just driven up for the game.

Ding Ding Ding! I'm not 100% sure it was him but with some more facial hair, he looks more like the guy I saw. And I really only noticed because the guy accompanying him was completely decked out in CU gear (overly so) so it made me wonder if it was a recruit or some guy who was embarrased that his dad was wearing too much of one team's gear. :)

The "K" on the letter jacket is still a little weird. To be honest, I spent most of my time trying to remember the Colorado recruits' high schools figuring they had just driven up for the game.

K on the jacket for Kevin?

Might be the big guy I want to see added to the roster. 6'10" 250lbs would qualify as a physical presence in the paint.

Johnson and Cain as our frontcourt would pound the Pac-12 into submission for the next 4 years. Filthy.

Didn't the other poster say that Duke was in on the kid he/she saw? Is Duke recruiting KJ?

Didn't the other poster say that Duke was in on the kid he/she saw? Is Duke recruiting KJ?

I mis-stated that earlier. Solid Rivals poster said "offers from the big dog programs (i.e., Duke)". He didn't specifically say Duke. Johnson has reported offers from Illinois and USC.

He was supposedly going the JUCO route (LINK), and the academic question is the only reason that he doesn't have a laundry list of big dog offers.

I contacted the Boulder PD sketch artist to help us out. Does this help? Is this your guy?

Untitled232.jpg

I sent Ryan Thorburn an email asking about the "mystery visitor." His response:

As far as I know Adams was the only recruit on an official visit that night. I'll ask Tad the next time I see him if there was someone else. I know he went out on the road recruiting right after the Kent State game but he was looking at high school juniors to add to the 2012 class with the two kids from Colorado Springs.

Thanks for reading. We tried to ramp up our coverage of hoops and I think there is a lot more interest now.

Ryan

I saw Tad walking around campus today with Mike Rohn and what looked like to be a recruit and his mom. Kid looked kind of like Josh Scott tho so I don't know if this is anything new...

I saw Tad walking around campus today with Mike Rohn and what looked like to be a recruit and his mom. Kid looked kind of like Josh Scott tho so I don't know if this is anything new...

Thanks for posting. Silva looks a little bit like Scott, too.

Back