What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Revised Poll: Who Should Be the Next Coach at CU*

Who is the best available and realistic candidate for the head coaching job at CU

• Alex Grinch

• Darrin Chiaverini

• Ryan Walters

• Eric Beniemy

• Jim Levitt

• Steve Sarkisian

• Bryan Harsin

• Jim McElwain

• Andy Avalos

• Bill Napier

Results are only viewable after voting.

Agent Dave Kujan

Club Member
Club Member
Let'st try this again. I have eliminated some of the low vote totals and added a few names that have come up. Your votes will be visible.
*Not a scientific poll

Yeah I'm gonna need to be able to change my vote here, when I voted there was 1 good candidate, 1 alright, and 1 laughable.

THE MOST IMPORTANT QUALITY WE NEED IN OUR NEXT COACH IS SOMEONE OTHER SCHOOLS WONT POACH!!!!!! WE JUST NEED SOMEONE LOYAL PEOPLE!!

we need to thread the needle here. We don't want someone that sucks that we have to fire, but we also don't want someone that wins so many games he might get poached.

Nik was onto something with the Derek Mason suggestion. We want the guy that rides the line between getting fired and staying every year.

we need to thread the needle here. We don't want someone that sucks that we have to fire, but we also don't want someone that wins so many games he might get poached.

Nik was onto something with the Derek Mason suggestion. We want the guy that rides the line between getting fired and staying every year.

The equivalent to people posting about wanting recruits "who want to be Buffs" without a tinge of irony and then wondering why that team full of "BUFFS!!!!!" gets their asses kicked most weeks.

Last edited:
Lots of wishful thinking

Chev - just as qualified as Harral. Hope he can attract quality assistants

EB - Sky high stock after SB win. Hope 7 years under Reid smoothed over the rough edges

Sark - Great recruiter, coaching record, FB resume. Hope his rehab will allow him to behave around donors, players

Grinch - hope the hot DC is ready for the leap to HC, and doesn’t TuckNRun outta Boulder before his recruits figure out his system

Leavitt - hope nobody holds a grudge for bailing to Oregon, dooming #TheRise

Walters - hope he is ready for leap to HC.

Harsin - what possibly could go wrong with a Boise HC?

McElwain - Eskimo brothers with little bro?

Avalos - Hope Hiring someone without a wiki page works out

Napier - Hope a 2yr HC from the Sun Belt is P12 ready.

given no one is perfect, EB is my pick of the litter. Best chance to keep Chev, hold on to MT recruits, please everyone in Boulder except parking meter enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt we end up with anyone on this list, but it will still be a good hire. (Unless the smoke around EB is real)

People are way overvaluing “loyalty.” What happened with Tucker was very unusual. The market for Tucker was set when CU hired him. There’s no way his value doubled after a losing season and middling recruiting. Dantonio ****ed MSU and they made desperate decisions. That’s unlikely to happen again soon. If someone wants to poach CU’s next coach, it will only be after some winning seasons.

So you mean Meyer? Or Bob Stoops?
Sure. Meyer for certain.

no really I have no idea. I don’t recall anyone on this board picking Tucker before it was nearly final either. I’m guessing it’s most likely another up and coming coordinator, but I can’t guess who.

Lots of wishful thinking

Chev - just as qualified as Harral. Hope he can attract quality assistants

EB - Sky high stock after SB win. Hope 7 years under Reid smoothed over the rough edges

Sark - Great recruiter, coaching record, FB resume. Hope his rehab will allow him to behave around donors, players

Grinch - hope the hot DC is ready for the leap to HC, and doesn’t TuckNRun outta Boulder before his recruits figure out his system

Leavitt - hope nobody holds a grudge for bailing to Oregon, dooming #TheRise

Walters - hope he is ready for leap to HC.

Harsin - what possibly could go wrong with a Boise HC?

McElwain - Eskimo brothers with little bro?

Avalos - Hope Hiring someone without a wiki page works out

Napier - Hope a 2yr HC from the Sun Belt is P12 ready.

given no one is perfect, EB is my pick of the litter. Best chance to keep Chev, hold on to MT recruits, please everyone in Boulder except parking meter enforcement.
Good synopsis except Sark over EB

Back