What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ricardo Patton hired at Maryland-Eastern Shore

I remember hearing stories from some of the guys on the team that Patton didn't even require Harrison to practice half of the time. Which probably explained why his fat ass couldn't bother to cross half court at times against Kansas in '04.

Ricardo's program was going to take a hit after the season with 9 seniors, the bad scholly offers to the 3 7 footers (none of whom panned out), and the somewhat touted class that wasn't with Silas, Dale Vanright, Toby Veal etc.

there were kind of 2 Patton eras....the early one marked by over-achieving D teams with a dominant scorer (Billups, Walls etc) and then the later period where the program was on cruise control, no offense to speak of (minus the Frink experiment), and some talented teams that kind of got jobbed re: the NCAA and bigger name coaches (RMK) or lost essential "play-in" games in the conference tournament. to be fair, that Tech team made the sweet 16 as did the ATM team with Acie Law that beat RP's last good team. some horrendous NIT opening round L's.

i have a lot of good memories from Ricardo's time here, but it was time for a change. Bz was not my first choice and he gets too much of a free pass for finishing in the cellar (something RP never did)....upside of last year and Boyle seem like maybe (maybe) it was worth it.

Last edited:
Back