What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George Extended through 2026

Isn’t Recruiting going to be the NIL arms race?

what is our (Allbuffs) plan? Can we figure out some NIL

Isn’t Recruiting going to be the NIL arms race?

what is our (Allbuffs) plan? Can we figure out some NIL
We could get the Junta to give up a little of their hookers and blow.

Unfortunately I don't know what kind of recruits we could get offering tini's mom and a crack rock bought out of some guys shoe in Longmont?

I don't know enough about the potential candidates out there for a change in the AD position. I think RG has done great things (fundraising, finishing the facilities, his first hire in MT) but I think the bad outweighs the good. The MM extension, blowing the chance at Sark, the KD hire, the lack of push to change the recruiting mindset with this new staff. Not to mention he didn't do much to change the mindset of MM staffs either. No idea if we could do better, but I'm certainly not excited about the extension. Maybe if I saw what we would get if he left, then I would be more excited knowing there aren't many great AD's out there. But who knows

I really don’t believe we could do a whole lot better, so I’m fine with him and this contract. It’s kind of like Tad Boyle. Is he perfect? No. Is he at or near the best we can realistically expect? Yes.

That's a whole lot of cheddar he has deferred. Dude definitely loves CU.

I think he absolutely blew it out of the park his first few years, especially getting the facilities built. I'm on the fence and feel like he needs a numbers guy who can help him with contract negotiation or at least source that out. He's done a lot of positive initially and kind of been in a rut since then, but he has also done a lot of behind the scenes work that impacts in ways fans do not see (the DEI work and funding of NIL help with student athletes). Ultimately, his tenure gets judged on football and to a lesser extent, men's basketball. Men's basketball is in a good place, but football is obviously, TBD.

My belief is that this extension is a really good thing.

Biggest area for RG to improve going forward- contract structuring/negotiations.

Most likely outcome: RG gets hired as B12 commissioner, steers the conference back to relevancy, negotiates a new media deal that ensures long term solvency and stability for the conference, CU fans wonder how he could be so great as B12 commissioner but be a complete disaster as CU AD.

Most likely outcome: RG gets hired as B12 commissioner, steers the conference back to relevancy, negotiates a new media deal that ensures long term solvency and stability for the conference, CU fans wonder how he could be so great as B12 commissioner but be a complete disaster as CU AD.
While CU gives DiStefano a lifetime contract

Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF by PeacockTV

wait, this is real? i thought it was the onion.

i am going to go ahead and believe that the extension is due to him locking down a bad ass MOFO great ****ing coach for our football team and the regents want to reward him before the news gets out.

that must be it!

wait, this is real? i thought it was the onion.

i am going to go ahead and believe that the extension is due to him locking down a bad ass MOFO great ****ing coach for our football team and the regents want to reward him before the news gets out.

that must be it!
The extension was last year.

Back