What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick Neuhisel

I think Rick is a great game-day coach.

But...

The other stuff he's not so good at.

He can't recruit well (overloads on skill positions and "athletes" and ignores the trenches).

He can't manage a big-time program (probably not a small program for that matter) without recruiting violations.

He hasn't built a long-term model of success anywhere he was HC.

And basically, he's a weasel...

Having said that, I'm thrilled that he's now coaching UCLA and in the Pac-10. I think in 2-3 years they will be in a major tailspin. :thumbsup:

I think Rick is a great game-day coach.

But...

The other stuff he's not so good at.

He can't recruit well (overloads on skill positions and "athletes" and ignores the trenches).

He can't manage a big-time program (probably not a small program for that matter) without recruiting violations.

He hasn't built a long-term model of success anywhere he was HC.

And basically, he's a weasel...

Having said that, I'm thrilled that he's now coaching UCLA and in the Pac-10. I think in 2-3 years they will be in a major tailspin. :thumbsup:

Well put DesertDog. Hey, at the risk of Sackman telling me that I'm still harboring animosity, the facts are that he didn't recruit at the same level as Mac. He NEVER brought in a QB who could play and left CU with ZIPPO at the QB position when he left.

But here's the real stinger: Why is he naming names of players who couldn't get into UCLA but got into Cal, even though he wasn't there? Even if he was there, why would you name names? The guy has foot-in-mouth disease and I fail to see that he's learned a thing.

The link in the earlier email to "collateral damage" says it all to me.

I haven't read much of this thread...but i'm not only a huge hater of UCLA before Neuweasal, but a bigger hater of them since he arrived. But I think he's gonna bring UCLA back to the top. He recruited with the big boys this year and I dont see his recruiting going down hill at a school like UCLA.

I hope i'm wrong, but I see them back in the top 10-15 in the next 2 years

I hope he chokes on it. His team will lose focus somewhere on the way to the stadium. That "I want to be a dentist" elf can lose every game for all I care.

Fun with dick and jane..stfu you corny MF.

I hope he chokes on it. His team will lose focus somewhere on the way to the stadium. That "I want to be a dentist" elf can lose every game for all I care.

:lol:

The "I want to be a dentist" thing was such a thinly veiled euphemism for homosexuality from a time when that lifestyle just wasn't discussed openly. Nice reference.

I was always told, if you can't say somemthing nice, then don't say anything at all. So I'll say Rick has a lot of nice sweater vests.

:iagree: The heck w/ New-weasel. I hope he fails, fails, fails. Too bad for UCLA, but they hired the IDOT. :shot:

I haven't read much of this thread...but i'm not only a huge hater of UCLA before Neuweasal, but a bigger hater of them since he arrived. But I think he's gonna bring UCLA back to the top. He recruited with the big boys this year and I dont see his recruiting going down hill at a school like UCLA.

I hope i'm wrong, but I see them back in the top 10-15 in the next 2 years

Just because he recruited well doesn't mean he will coach the kids up and get more out of them. He has recruited well wherever he was at. Our 2001 team had a lot of neu kids on it!

one thing is still assured after all these years... just post the name on a Buff board and you'll still get dozens of replies.

i hope he fails spectacularly, however.

weasel_2.jpg

Back