What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ridiculous Olympic Sports You Love/Hate

Settle down cupcake soccer is a sport. There. Feel better?

This isn´t about one specific sport, just the arrogance of some people who feel they can judge something like this although their only physical activity probably is raising a beer glass or firing up a grill.

I most certainly don´t feel like I can judge this and certainly won´t tell a guy that he doesn´t compete in a "real" sport.

This isn´t about one specific sport, just the arrogance of some people who feel they can judge something like this although their only physical activity probably is raising a beer glass or firing up a grill.

I most certainly don´t feel like I can judge this and certainly won´t tell a guy that he doesn´t compete in a "real" sport.

Don't worry, Jens, judge away. He won't care. He'll show you his Olympic medal, his endorsement checks, and his hot girlfriend and tell you to **** off.

Don't worry, Jens, judge away. He won't care. He'll show you his Olympic medal, his endorsement checks, and his hot girlfriend and tell you to **** off.

You think the American girl who medaled in five straight Olympics has endorsement deals worth a damn? :)

I nominate BCS for the field goal competition!

I will positively own everyone in the long distance ice spitting event. Did the ABOC officially sanction stadium passing out in time for this year's competition? Your ability to stay on the bleacher is sure to impress even those dastardly North Korean judges.

I will positively own everyone in the long distance ice spitting event. Did the ABOC officially sanction stadium passing out in time for this year's competition? Your ability to stay on the bleacher is sure to impress even those dastardly North Korean judges.
I own the world record. No need to compete again.

Not trying to be arrogant at all and not belittling anything these people are doing....they chose to specialize in something and are getting plenty of love for it by getting to be within the Olympics

All I'm saying is that the classification of what is actually a "sport" is very grey....lots of these things are simply just odd ball games or hobbies that most any person could pick up if they had the time and monetary support to spend a few years of their life doing so

Can we just eliminate basketball now.

How can you justify a sport where a team throws a game to get a better seeding for the rest of the tournament?

Spain just basically threw the game v Brazil to avoid the US until the gold medal game.

Ok by me. :thumbsup: Olympic Basketball sucks.

This Olympics I have grown fond of Women's Water Polo. I enjoy watching more than the Men's matches.

I also love me some Women's Volleyball. Lots of talent!

Ok by me. :thumbsup: Olympic Basketball sucks.

This Olympics I have grown fond of Women's Water Polo. I enjoy watching more than the Men's matches.

I also love me some Women's Volleyball. Lots of talent!

someone loves titties.

Well, of course I do, but unfortunately in the Olympics you're not going to see much because of the unis. The v-ball shorts however are very nice.

now you are confusing me. @ss man? breast man?

Can we just eliminate basketball now.

How can you justify a sport where a team throws a game to get a better seeding for the rest of the tournament?

Spain just basically threw the game v Brazil to avoid the US until the gold medal game.
I agree, Mens basketball has become more lopsided than baseball did. I hate the dream team thing and wish we still sent college kids or d leaguers. It was a huge source of pride when I was a kid that the US sent only amateurs to the Olympics; we may not have won the the most medals but I liked it better.

Back