What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumor: Rick George taking Vandy AD job - ****OLD THREAD**** +++NO 2022 NEWS+++

CaliBuff901

It’s a rumor that originates from a large Vandy booster I’m connected to. Can anyone else confirm they’ve heard this? Would this move make sense? I know he worked for Vanderbilt earlier in his career but he worked for Colorado too. Vanderbilt has us on academics but I have to think we have them on athletics.

if That happens, new AD doesn’t get hired in time to get rid of Mac and We’re screwed.

I would have little doubt Vandy would like to have RG. I have considerable doubt he would take that job.

Why would Rick George want to go to Vanderbilt? Its a perennial also ran that will never, never ever, compete in the SEC. we at least can compete in our conference, with the right coach.

If RG has talked to Vanderbilt, I doubt its to be their AD.

Their football program might always be at the bottom of the SEC, but it’s a very solid athletic program outside of that.

Have not heard.

Rumor actually makes 0 sense considering the substantial work RG has done to get Colorado to where it is now. He’s got the AD primed to break through to next level.

He just needs to hire a better football coach. He will get his chance soon.

Hmmm.

Vandy's 247 says a hire will be announced in a week. No one seems to have insight but some think it's UCF's AD

It would sure be a bad sign if our AD thought he had a better chance to win championships and would have better administration support at Vandy. I’m going with, not true.

That would be weird but maybe he saw that new regent elected and said **** this I’m out. Bohn doing well at Cincy can’t help.

It’s a rumor that originates from a large Vandy booster I’m connected to. Can anyone else confirm they’ve heard this? Would this move make sense? I know he worked for Vanderbilt earlier in his career but he worked for Colorado too. Vanderbilt has us on academics but I have to think we have them on athletics.
A package deal with HCMM no doubt.

I hadn't realized that Vandy has an athletic director these days. They resisted that for the longest time.

I hadn't realized that Vandy has an athletic director these days. They resisted that for the longest time.

Yes. A guy named David Williams, tho he resigned in September. I temember they did something strange RE athletics 6 or 7 years ago, but can't put my finger on it. Stopped athletics from having their own dept or something.

Yes. A guy named David Williams, tho he resigned in September. I temember they did something strange RE athletics 6 or 7 years ago, but can't put my finger on it. Stopped athletics from having their own dept or something.

Ha. "6 or 7 years". In 2003, Gordon Gee (of all people) dissolved the athletic department and put it in the category of "Student Life". Apparently they reversed that position at some point in the past 15 years.

If true, it shouldn't be to long before were reading or hearing about it on every network. Especially EEEE S Pee In, Fox Sports, CBS Sports etc;

Why would Rick George want to go to Vanderbilt? Its a perennial also ran that will never, never ever, compete in the SEC. we at least can compete in our conference, with the right coach.

If RG has talked to Vanderbilt, I doubt its to be their AD.
$, $, $.

RG going to vandy would have to be solely about changing the scenery and accepting a new challenge. Or, he simply doesn’t believe the future of CU athletics is bright with the Regents and new President. Everything is set up for him to control the future of the AD at CU, so if he leaves for a place like Vandy, that would be terrifying.

RG going to vandy would have to be solely about changing the scenery and accepting a new challenge. Or, he simply doesn’t believe the future of CU athletics is bright with the Regents and new President. Everything is set up for him to control the future of the AD at CU, so if he leaves for a place like Vandy, that would be terrifying.
RG leaving would be about as bad of a sign as there could be.

If this is true and he leaves I would be very discouraged with the future of our program. Let's hope they wined and dined him and hopefully RG gave them the Heisman (Salaam's Heisman) pose.
In reality, why can't Vanderbilt excel in athletics like Stanford, Notre Dame and Duke? Nashville is always on the list of best places to live and has become a hot destination for the millennial folks. Being in the SEC has to help with lots of TV $$. It's an extremely desirable academic destination so for the athletes that excel in the classroom I have to think it would be on your short list of schools to go to.

After thinking about it, RG leaving would most likely be because he did not believe the admin was ever going to support athletics in a way that was to his liking. That would be totally contrary to the Champions Center, the stadium expansion etc. So, I conclude that is just what may be happening. After all, this is CU.

After thinking about it, RG leaving would most likely be because he did not believe the admin was ever going to support athletics in a way that was to his liking. That would be totally contrary to the Champions Center, the stadium expansion etc. So, I conclude that is just what may be happening. After all, this is CU.
That would make sense if it wasn't Vandy.

This seems like a lot of panic over nothing.

Back