What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumor: Rick George taking Vandy AD job - ****OLD THREAD**** +++NO 2022 NEWS+++

Yep, this "rumor" concerns me as much as the storms spinning on Io.
I give this post an A-. Non-chalant with a devil-may-care vibe, but the Io reference is just a bit too obtuse. I will be expecting a great deal out of you the rest of the day.

I give this post an A-. Non-chalant with a devil-may-care vibe, but the Io reference is just a bit too obtuse. I will be expecting a great deal out of you the rest of the day.
I appreciate the kind words, but like most of my girlfriends I'm afraid you'll be leaving disappointed.

Sort of like listing head coaching candidates when we still have a coach who isn't getting fired. It's the only reason these boards exist. Rumor and conjecture for all.

Far different sceanarios.

In the case of macintyre getting canned, this is speculation based in reporting from long term reporters with connections to the program. It makes sense given a death knell loss to the worst road team in the entire FBS. In the case of this thread, some random poster may or may not have a buddy who’s a vandy booster who may or may not have told him our athletic director is leaving. It is based in nothing.

It’s gossip for sure but it would make sense. It’s speculation but I would be shocked if they haven’t at least communicated about their vacancy.

This would be the worst timing possible. MM is gone if Rick stays and we lose out. If not, I have no idea who is even capable of hiring a coach, certainly not Dr. Phil.

Bear with me here. What if RG is talking to Vandy. What if he is getting permission to interview Mason.....

Bear with me here. What if RG is talking to Vandy. What if he is getting permission to interview Mason.....
Mason's a good coach. Problem is, he's a coach that could take over an established program (like if Shaw left Stanford) but he's not a coach that takes you from mediocre to the promised land. At least there's nothing on his Vandy resume that shows he can do that.

Mason's a good coach. Problem is, he's a coach that could take over an established program (like if Shaw left Stanford) but he's not a coach that takes you from mediocre to the promised land. At least there's nothing on his Vandy resume that shows he can do that.
I am just spitballing. I would observe there was nothing on MacCartney or Bob Stoops record as HC either before they went off. And, it's Vandy.

Back