What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

S.O.S. from Hawkins

fat_hairy_guy_on_bed_with_guns.jpg

Which hair did you have cut?

Hawkins quote from attendance article from Daily Camera: "It`s important in recruiting and it`s important for the team," Hawkins said. "The fans have been really good here. They have. Even in `06 when we had a tough year they were great then."

Further proof the guy is delusional. In '06 we had a tough year? Does he think he has had a good year here?

Hawkins quote from attendance article from Daily Camera: "It`s important in recruiting and it`s important for the team," Hawkins said. "The fans have been really good here. They have. Even in `06 when we had a tough year they were great then."

Further proof the guy is delusional. In '06 we had a tough year? Does he think he has had a good year here?

This must fall into the "Everything Hawk says or does is wrong" category because I don't see anything "delusional" about that quote. In fact, I agree with it. Attendance IS important to the team and recruiting, and 06 was a rough year. As bad as we have been, attendance has been pretty decent, which is a compliment to the job Bohn has done more than anything.

This must fall into the "Everything Hawk says or does is wrong" category because I don't see anything "delusional" about that quote. In fact, I agree with it. Attendance IS important to the team and recruiting, and 06 was a rough year. As bad as we have been, attendance has been pretty decent, which is a compliment to the job Bohn has done more than anything.

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. The point is that every year he has been here we have been awful and our fans still show up. Definitely a compliment to Bohn and to our fans. Why would he just reference '06? Obviously because he feels that wasn't his team, but Barnett's. He should have said the fans have been great even though we have been awful every year I have been here.

not point in even getting pissed anymore... i am past it. gave up on this staff a long time ago... we all just have to wait for the hammer to fall. you have to hit bottom sometimes before you can start to rebuild.

The problem is this: I thought we hit bottom in Feb. 2004; then again in Dec. 2005 ... every time I think we hit bottom, we hit a new low...

PS: As a public service, please cease and desist from quoting, and thereby reposting, Wally's self portrait. I didn't need to see that once, much less 5 times... :ahhhhh:

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. The point is that every year he has been here we have been awful and our fans still show up. Definitely a compliment to Bohn and to our fans. Why would he just reference '06? Obviously because he feels that wasn't his team, but Barnett's. He should have said the fans have been great even though we have been awful every year I have been here.

06 was Hawk's worst year record-wise and we went 0-4 in non-con and were done by October, I think that's all he was referring to. I didn't take it to mean he thought that was his ONLY tough year. Probably also doesn't want to trash the recent teams when those players are still on his roster.

Anybody else think it is strange that the Ticket Sales article lacked any quantitative numbers.

"You march down that road and when it shakes it shakes." DH 7/18/2010 from DP.

When it shakes it shakes. Unfortunately he did not elaborate as whether it will shake this year or not.

"You march down that road and when it shakes it shakes." DH 7/18/2010 from DP.

When it shakes it shakes. Unfortunately he did not elaborate as whether it will shake this year or not.

It won't shake this year because it is so solid .....

Back