What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

sad commentary

darth-horax

I have a friend who just got married. His best friend's brother plays for hte buffs.
When we asked this player (I don't want to say the name for fear of retaliation) about Montez's imploding and the free fall this year,
his response was, "I'm a red shirt freshman. It doesn't affect me at all."

This kid is a starter, by the way.

I get it...I really do. He has three more years to do something, but I read between the lines and it appears as if the players have already moved on
from this crappy season and don't care if they win or lose...just get hte reps and prep for the future.

if he feels this way, how do others who are not starters, or just other young players feel as well?

tumblr_m2745fnggV1qghlkao7_r2_400.gif

tumblr_m2745fnggV1qghlkao8_r2_400.gif

I have a friend who just got married. His best friend's brother plays for hte buffs.
When we asked this player (I don't want to say the name for fear of retaliation)...
Ya, as others have said, you say you don't want to name the player but then decide to just whittle the list of possibilities down to only a couple for us anyways?

I wonder, would it affect him at all if they were undefeated and ranked in the top 10? Just sounds defeated to me.

I think the player was telling you politely he was not going to discuss it with you, and your posting this trying to make something out of nothing shows why he should play it close to the vest.
Exactly. This dude has busted his ass for a year, only to go through a very frustrating season, and I imagine that he’s pretty disappointed about it. So, when confronted by some random to explain why your teammate is playing like dog****, "I'm a red shirt freshman. It doesn't affect me at all." sounds like a complete deflection to me.

Back