What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Saw Katoa

I don't know about chances for Katoa. I am an outsider that loves the Buffs.. Most bad asses that play linebacker don't do well in the book store. He looks like the Ortega brothers I went to School with..Good people,,

Well, if he was having grade problems which seems to be the rumor, then there is no way to know if he has overcome them until after finals in May. Hope he figured it out!

Tim I have no way of seeing what Katoa's grades are, but you say "i hope he figured it out" WHY????????????? .. This kid gets smeared more than any Buff I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tad no fan of Buffs wants him to fail and all wish for him to play and get a great degree, simply put his past f'ups are on him for poor judgment. simply put he decides his future not any of us.

tim i have no way of seeing what katoa's grades are, but you say "i hope he figured it out" why????????????? .. This kid gets smeared more than any buff i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim I have no way of seeing what Katoa's grades are, but you say "i hope he figured it out" WHY????????????? .. This kid gets smeared more than any Buff I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm, I hope he does well and proves to be an awesome player for us and a great face for the university. Are you hoping he fails or something?

Tim we both hope Katoa does great things. Lets see what happens this spring and if he gets to play. Between Netturts and Allbuffs it seamed like too much about the kids off the field stuff. Have a nice day!

Between Netturts and Allbuffs it seamed like too much about the kids off the field stuff.

Agreed, he should fix that, and hopefully Hawkins uses him as an example to all the rest of the players on the team about what can happen when you let yourself get put in bad situations.

Tim we both hope Katoa does great things. Lets see what happens this spring and if he gets to play. Between Netturts and Allbuffs it seamed like too much about the kids off the field stuff. Have a nice day!

I think there is so much about his off the field stuff because people were and still are so excited about what he can do on the field. People want to know if he can get there, and not all the news we hear about that is good. We all wish it was.... :huh:

From that article, it sounds like he is just too lazy to go to class. I didn't realize he had all that legal baggage before coming to CU.

If I were Hawk, and he didn't make the grades to be able to play this year, I would tell him to hit the road so someone else can use the scholarship. You can only help a person so much. They have to be willing to help themselves too.

Oh well, that's a shame if it does go down like that.

My reaction is the same every time I see stories like this. I sincerely hope he gets his head on straight and gets his life sorted out for the better.

Didn't seem like there was much actual information in the article. Not that it matters, we'll just have to wait and see.

So does that mean that the girl that said she would write those papers for him didn't live up to her end of the deal?

Makes me question the situation at Cottonwood HS with this guy Cates and also this whole BYU "independent study courses" that allowed him to go from a pretty questionable High School Student to making up the credits and pulling up his GPA.

I think someone ought to be looking at these BYU courses in the future.....

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/Jan/22/cloud-has-a-silver-linebacker/

The courses are a common practice for academically suspect athletes. Just some colleges find a way to get their athletes through the academic side of the college experience while other "struggle" (read: refuse) to do so. Probably would have been better off at Oklahoma

Katoa will never play a game at CU. Word is he hasn't been to any of the offseason workouts. He also said that if the coaches asked him back, he would tell them to **** off. (I guess they wont allow him around the team). He's thinking about going to another country to "hide out". Don't ask where I heard this, I wont tell you.

But it's safe to say, he's gone

Katoa will never play a game at CU. Word is he hasn't been to any of the offseason workouts. He also said that if the coaches asked him back, he would tell them to **** off. (I guess they wont allow him around the team). He's thinking about going to another country to "hide out". Don't ask where I heard this, I wont tell you.

But it's safe to say, he's gone

Word is also that he and the coaches agreed he wouldn't come to offseason practices because he was concentrating on classwork.

Offseason is voluntary with teammates. Spring practice starts March 31. Even then, if he's not there because he has an agreement with Hawkins to focus on what's most important (school), then we have to give him a chance.

I don't know what to believe, but sure don't want to give up on the guy if he hasn't given up on himself. Staying positive.

Word is also that he and the coaches agreed he wouldn't come to offseason practices because he was concentrating on classwork.

Offseason is voluntary with teammates. Spring practice starts March 31. Even then, if he's not there because he has an agreement with Hawkins to focus on what's most important (school), then we have to give him a chance.

I don't know what to believe, but sure don't want to give up on the guy if he hasn't given up on himself. Staying positive.
I think by offseason workouts, he's talking about lifting with Pitt. Not practices.

At this point I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. It's sad to see guys like him with so much potential just piss away their future.

At this point I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. It's sad to see guys like him with so much potential just piss away their future.
Katoa would've been fun to watch. I'm almost sure he had the talent to play on Sundays. Good luck to him wherever he ends up at.

Another 4-5 star who won't end up contributing or flourishing at CU.

We might have some success in football if out top recruits could ever see the field and produce or not get injured.

I'm too lazy and too disgusted to even post all the names.

All I ask is for one 4 star to shine here.

I feel bad about this whole deal with Lynn Katoa:cry: . Buff fans wanted the best for him and C.U. football. I'm at a loss for words...

I feel bad about this whole deal with Lynn Katoa:cry: . Buff fans wanted the best for him and C.U. football. I'm at a loss for words...

It's not a done deal yet but the writing is on the wall. We just haven't had any luck with players who are ranked 4 or 5 stars. Not that we've had that many 5 stras but none seem to have made a big impact. I hope that changes with miller,tuioti,major,givens,scott,etc...

Back