What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Say goodbye to the REAL Orange Bowl

I don't know how feasible or cost-effective a renovation would have been, but I agree that this is a bad move by the U. While they don't have their own stadium, at least the U was fairly close to campus, whereas the Dolphins stadium is what, like 30-40 miles away? And when college teams play their home games in NFL stadiums, the games seem to be totally void of college atmosphere. I still don't understand why Pitt moved out of their cozy on-campus home. :confused:

Can you say Steve Pederson? He demolished the football stadium to build a new, state of the art, basketball arena. I don't think Pitt's campus is that far from Heinz Field which is a pretty nice stadium. That move elevated Pitts hoops program at the time.

The Dolphins stadium, as stadiums go, sucks for the pro teams too. It's multi use, square and leaves you too far away from the game. And the neighborhood sucks worse than where the OBowl was.

Can you say Steve Pederson? He demolished the football stadium to build a new, state of the art, basketball arena. I don't think Pitt's campus is that far from Heinz Field which is a pretty nice stadium. That move elevated Pitts hoops program at the time.

The Dolphins stadium, as stadiums go, sucks for the pro teams too. It's multi use, square and leaves you too far away from the game. And the neighborhood sucks worse than where the OBowl was.

Was Pitt's b-ball team playing on campus before they got a new arena? Assuming it was on campus, why couldn't they just build the new arena on the site of the old one? I know that Pitt Stadium was probably pretty old and I recall that it had a track, which makes for lousy football viewing.

Dolphins stadium is in a worse neighborhood than the OB? :wow:

Not really. I suppose it depends on how you look at things. The new stadium was built out in the middle of nowhere, and now there's a bunch of crap around it. I remember driving past Joe Robbie a year or two after it was built and it was all by itself. The OB is located near downtown Miami, in an area where a lot of low income people live. It's not a slum, but it's not great, either.

In Denver terms, Joe Robbie is in East Aurora, around Buckley, and the OB is the original Mile High Stadium.

Was Pitt's b-ball team playing on campus before they got a new arena? Assuming it was on campus, why couldn't they just build the new arena on the site of the old one? I know that Pitt Stadium was probably pretty old and I recall that it had a track, which makes for lousy football viewing.

Little Havana, as Miami burbs go, is not a bad neighborhood. Its a little rough arround the edges but its not terribly dangerous. Mostly working folks in apartments and low income housing.

In reality JRS/PPS/DS is in a more african american working class area. Arround the stadium itself its ok. However, from the south and west you drive though some tough areas to get to the stadium.

I dont know where Pitt played before hand. I want to say it was not on campus

In Denver terms, Joe Robbie is in East Aurora, around Buckley, and the OB is the original Mile High Stadium.

East Aurora Represent!
Coal Creek Rodeo Grounds will never look the same.

Back