What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Say what you will about Josh McDaniels

McD reiterated the "Big Things" concept this morning on the Ticket. Stating that they have no time to work on the big things during the season and they need to be taken care of in training camp. He and DH really need to get on the same page here. I am no longer sure if the big things or the little thing are important in football.

Same thing as yesterday. Either well rehearsed or he believes it. I think he believes it since he has taken care of the big things in the last two off seasons by getting rid of his best players in Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler and Hillis. No point in seeing those guys try and mature together, let's just get some lunch pail guys in here and run with it!

Hillis and Scheffler were 2 of their four best players? As for Cutler and Marshall: Good riddance.

Hillis and Scheffler were 2 of their four best players? As for Cutler and Marshall: Good riddance.

Name a better current running back on the team now? Hillis was busting it up when got the chance. Moreno was touched by a fly and fell over (I am still optimistic Moreno can be better though).

Name a better pass-catching tight end on the team. No offense to Graham (who I think is underutilized in terms of reception opportunities), but Scheffler was a better pass catching tight end.

Good riddance to possibly the best wide receiver in the league? It is going to be very hard to replace his production. Short shelf life in football. He deserved the money. I would rather pay a player big money when I know he is good.

Jury may still be out on Cutler, but at least we knew he probably had not reached his ceiling. Orton is as average as they come and has little or no chance to get much better.

I liked Hillis -- he played hard. But he wasn't a starting caliber RB in this league....how has he done since leaving Denver?

Scheffler was a diva, couldn't block for SH*T and was a slightly above average receiving TE. Not much of a loss.

I agree that losing Marshall was stupid -- dude could ball even though he was a diva.

I liked Hillis -- he played hard. But he wasn't a starting caliber RB in this league....how has he done since leaving Denver?

Scheffler was a diva, couldn't block for SH*T and was a slightly above average receiving TE. Not much of a loss.

I agree that losing Marshall was stupid -- dude could ball even though he was a diva.

I'm not saying Hillis and Scheffler were the best in the league. And I agree Hillis was not an every down back. We sure could have used his bruising style at times though last year. I am just saying I don't think we have necessarily brought anybody in that has been better at those positions.

We traded Hillis for Brady, and then proceeded to go out and draft Tebow.

Brilliance.

Don't get me wrong. I, like most Bronco fans, loved Hillis. I'm not sure what happened between him and McD other than him fumbling the kickoff return in the first or second week. It seems that after that Hillis was done. But then, we do not see what goes on in practice, either.

Marshall is one misstep away from being out of the league for a very long time. One DUI. One time smacking his wife. That is all it'll take and he's done. Pretty big risk if you ask me.

This seems like a bitter comment. Even if they were divas, Cutler & Marshall would have made this Broncos team 100 times better. So, that sh-t is on Josh McD. He supposedly "took a stand" against these guys' personalities and it will lead the Broncs to a 4-12 record this year.

As for Cutler and Marshall: Good riddance.

Well so far I think he's been through about a week of training camp in Cleveland, so it might be just a bit early to judge him there..... :lol:

Hillis was in Denver last year. This season hasn't started, so what could he have done since he left? Blown up in spring drills? Career-4.9 yards per carry (awesome for an nfl back), could catch the ball, and is tough. Broncos could sure use him now.

This seems like a bitter comment. Even if they were divas, Cutler & Marshall would have made this Broncos team 100 times better. So, that sh-t is on Josh McD. He supposedly "took a stand" against these guys' personalities and it will lead the Broncs to a 4-12 record this year.

Wow. Talk about "bitter" comments.

Dude. Understand one thing. The last adjective you should ever use on old DBT is "bitter." Or is that a verb? Noun? I suck at grammar.

glad they got ride of those incredibly talented quitter diva's and replaced them with lendale, that is HUGE character upgrade.

You are absolutely correct. Did Hillis have more baggage than Lendale? It's hard to believe sometimes that McDaniels was making good decisions for the team or simply acting like Napoleon and making sure know one would dare question his leadership.

Back