What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scary things happening here.

Drug induced psychosis or delusions are real things, but far less common that schizophrenia or other mental illness. Cops always like to blame anything rather than mental illness for crimes.
This hits on my first impression when I saw the story. Scary stuff for the victim but when I start seeing Russian mafia and disposing of the cell phone you have to at least wonder what is happening in his head.

Add to that the possibility (probability) of some CTE issues and it gets complicated.

The drugs probably were an important factor but drug use is also often a case of people with other issues self-medicating. They know something is wrong but can't get a grip on it. The drugs at least temporarily allow them to feel less "wrong."

Lefty, the other time? I’m not aware.
It was a poke at Mtn., there was a thread in the newsroom a few hours ago about it, hence the crack abou tthe same incident happening before. I probably should not have made Justin Bannan the foil of that joke. It is a serious situation and I am hoping for the best for the woman who was shot, and for Justin Bannan.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sad story. Sad for the victim, for his family and friends and for him.

Back