What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season prediction thread

We should win: Arizona, UCLA
Toss ups: ASU, USC, Stanford (actually leaning towards them being one we should win at this point), Washington
Not much hope: Oregon, utah, Wazzu

I do think we have a big upset against either USC or Washington. That makes 6 wins that I see still: Zona, UCLA, Stanford and USC or Washington

I admit those will be tough games. I’m also counting on the team we saw on Saturday won’t be the same team we see later in the year. Saturday was a convergence of several factors that made that game very hard to win, and we still were a blocked PAT away from winning it. I’m hopeful that we can learn from the mistakes and play better. The coaches need to earn their paychecks.
Yeah sorry but the coaches are definitely earning their money, what is the disconnect between the fans and seeing how young the players are? I get the hating to lose thought, I also see reality. When these same players are in their jr and sr years running the same system kicking butt and have an effort like this I could understand being pissy, 3rd game in with a new staff WTH were you expecting? This staff has blown me away in how much better they are in every facet of the game. The fact that teams have trouble running up the middle with a redshirt freshman NT backed up by a freshman who played on the O line in HS. To one side of him he has a RS soph with limited experince who is backed up by a first year juco and a true freshman. And it goes on at each level LBer, DBs. No disrespect to the players, How many 4 & 5 stars are among them. I'll take this staff with the bulk of these players in 2 years and have full confidence of contending for the south every year going forward. Being a Buff isn't for the timid or weak, this includes fans.

This team is pretty much what we thought it would be, other than Montez being bi-polar.

Going into the conference schedule, every team has weak spots. I like our chances to go 5-4 or 4-5 in the rest of the games and squeak into a bowl game.
I’m really Not Sure about that, just hoping. In 8 years of pac12 we’ve only won more than 2 conference games once.

If they don't fix the secondary miscues by the time they come out of the bye to play zona....

giphy.gif
The secondary will look a lot better when the front seven get pressure on the QB. If that doesn’t happen, they’re going to give up 30+ points each and every game.

Yeah sorry but the coaches are definitely earning their money, what is the disconnect between the fans and seeing how young the players are? I get the hating to lose thought, I also see reality. When these same players are in their jr and sr years running the same system kicking butt and have an effort like this I could understand being pissy, 3rd game in with a new staff WTH were you expecting? This staff has blown me away in how much better they are in every facet of the game. The fact that teams have trouble running up the middle with a redshirt freshman NT backed up by a freshman who played on the O line in HS. To one side of him he has a RS soph with limited experince who is backed up by a first year juco and a true freshman. And it goes on at each level LBer, DBs. No disrespect to the players, How many 4 & 5 stars are among them. I'll take this staff with the bulk of these players in 2 years and have full confidence of contending for the south every year going forward. Being a Buff isn't for the timid or weak, this includes fans.

We're young on the DL, although to me a 3rd year sophomore isn't that young, but this isn't an overly young defense. And Sami isn't a young redshirt freshman either mind you, he was a grayshirt, then redshirted, and now he's a 3rd year freshman and he's playing pretty well.

There's 8 guys by my count that are upperclassmen starting on the D this year. And several others that are 3rd year sophomores. It's college football, you're going to have freshman and sophomores all over the depth chart.

We're young on the DL, although to me a 3rd year sophomore isn't that young, but this isn't an overly young defense. And Sami isn't a young redshirt freshman either mind you, he was a grayshirt, then redshirted, and now he's a 3rd year freshman and he's playing pretty well.

There's 8 guys by my count that are upperclassmen starting on the D this year. And several others that are 3rd year sophomores. It's college football, you're going to have freshman and sophomores all over the depth chart.

The new staff parted ways with several upperclassmen on defense over the course of the offseason as well. Youth is only somewhat of an excuse for the struggles on defense.

I admit those will be tough games. I’m also counting on the team we saw on Saturday won’t be the same team we see later in the year. Saturday was a convergence of several factors that made that game very hard to win, and we still were a blocked PAT away from winning it. I’m hopeful that we can learn from the mistakes and play better. The coaches need to earn their paychecks.

We were fortunate to be at that point, though-if AFA had taken care of the ball, they'd have kicked our asses. I think this is one we're going to learn a lot from-going up against a kid like DJ Hammond (better than Fusker QB and its not close) can only help in particular against QBs like Daniels, Tate, DTR, and Huntley.

You might want to count how many games they have played. Young refers to how many games played. I'll make it simple for you, Oregon's O line the line mind you has more game experince than the entire Buffs team combined. Think about that a second, let's talk Sami you say he's playing well for a kid with zero experince playing at this level, and if you think because he's practiced a little, remember he tore his knee up, and has been here a while, well that's silly. Game speed never happens in practice or scrimages. He is playing the run ok nothing like he will be even by mid season. Maybe down the road he will be able to get some push on passing downs not this year, it's not realistic to expect players playing for the first time to make an impact in the trenches. If you have a jr or sr starting for the first time and all over the place guess what, you still have an inexperinced team.

You might want to count how many games they have played. Young refers to how many games played. I'll make it simple for you, Oregon's O line the line mind you has more game experince than the entire Buffs team combined. Think about that a second, let's talk Sami you say he's playing well for a kid with zero experince playing at this level, and if you think because he's practiced a little, remember he tore his knee up, and has been here a while, well that's silly. Game speed never happens in practice or scrimages. He is playing the run ok nothing like he will be even by mid season. Maybe down the road he will be able to get some push on passing downs not this year, it's not realistic to expect players playing for the first time to make an impact in the trenches. If you have a jr or sr starting for the first time and all over the place guess what, you still have an inexperinced team.

you sound like you were a big time MM apologist, can't win games without a team loaded with 5th year seniors.

Teams all over the country rely on young guys to contribute. We aren't special. There's always going to be guys that have limited game experience that are expected to contribute.

We obviously have different levels of expectations, I'd like to see something a little bit better than 117th in the country, you're apparently fine with that as long as the team gets some real game experience.

you sound like you were a big time MM apologist, can't win games without a team loaded with 5th year seniors.

Teams all over the country rely on young guys to contribute. We aren't special. There's always going to be guys that have limited game experience that are expected to contribute.

We obviously have different levels of expectations, I'd like to see something a little bit better than 117th in the country, you're apparently fine with that as long as the team gets some real game experience.
You are a funny little guy, do you alway make up stories from other posts? If you want to know how I feel about MM come and ask me. I have said many times I have no expectation for this team win numbers wise, I only want to see growth for the entire program as CU has wallowed in medioctity for far to long. The way I see it is if they grow as players, as a team, then the wins will follow. Most posted 3-5 wins, then CU looses a game and you melt down. I consider fans like this as pussies, Rabbit the "you" I used is not at you specifically, but in general context in reguards to fans. I am not singling anyone out on the board. I'm far from happy with the stats the only difference between us is I have a more realistic view, I also am guilty of over exuberance at times because like everyone here I'm a fan. do you really think CU has the same talent as top tier teams, if bama or clemson was returning with the same number of games played by their starters as CU they wouldn't even be ranked. Facts are different than excuses.

You are a funny little guy, do you alway make up stories from other posts? If you want to know how I feel about MM come and ask me. I have said many times I have no expectation for this team win numbers wise, I only want to see growth for the entire program as CU has wallowed in medioctity for far to long. The way I see it is if they grow as players, as a team, then the wins will follow. Most posted 3-5 wins, then CU looses a game and you melt down. I consider fans like this as pussies, Rabbit the "you" I used is not at you specifically, but in general context in reguards to fans. I am not singling anyone out on the board. I'm far from happy with the stats the only difference between us is I have a more realistic view, I also am guilty of over exuberance at times because like everyone here I'm a fan. do you really think CU has the same talent as top tier teams, if bama or clemson was returning with the same number of games played by their starters as CU they wouldn't even be ranked. Facts are different than excuses.
Most of us on this board actually predicted 6 wins or more and AFA was one of those wins in everybody’s prediction, so naturally, when they lose to AFA, expectations are going to change and pessimism is going to creep in.

“Seeing growth” in the players and team as an expectation is a nice sentiment, but the reality is that college programs don’t earn moral victories for finishing with less than 6 wins, and not playing in one of the 50 bowl games is an embarrassment. There needs to be tangible expectations for a program, otherwise, the program itself is never going to get better. Rick George has set a standard expectation at 6 wins every single year. Tucker was hired to recruit and coach his balls off and get this program to meet those expectations.

I’m also curious as to what realistic view you take on this program that the rest of us apparently aren’t?

How do you feel about MM?

Well, yeah, that seems obvious. I did peruse this thread to see where all of these 3-5 win predictions were. I noticed one 3 win prediction by daaah, he's always pessimistic and rightfully so. There were a few 5 win predictions, but the overwhelming majority were 6+ wins, including my own 6-6 prediction which I still feel decent about.

I guess you're right that most fans are pussies if being bummed when their team, primed for a bowl run, ****s the bed vs Air Force, but not all of us are as enlightened and realistic as you are my dude.

What kinds of things are you looking for vs ASU? Do you think we can expect our DL to rush the passer? Mind you, ASU has a 17 year old true freshman starting at Left Tackle. Think Jalen Sami, but not grayshirted or redshirted, but since they both have the exact same game experience, they're basically the same player.

I'd argue that I don't believe I've ever likened our talent level to Bama or Clemson tier, but do tell me more about making up stories from other posts.

What facts are we working with here? The fact that this team has 8 upperclassmen on defense or that most fans predicted 3-5 wins?

And if you'd like to invite me to Casa Bonita, just say so buddy. I love burritos.

How do you feel about MM?

Well, yeah, that seems obvious. I did peruse this thread to see where all of these 3-5 win predictions were. I noticed one 3 win prediction by daaah, he's always pessimistic and rightfully so. There were a few 5 win predictions, but the overwhelming majority were 6+ wins, including my own 6-6 prediction which I still feel decent about.

I guess you're right that most fans are pussies if being bummed when their team, primed for a bowl run, ****s the bed vs Air Force, but not all of us are as enlightened and realistic as you are my dude.

What kinds of things are you looking for vs ASU? Do you think we can expect our DL to rush the passer? Mind you, ASU has a 17 year old true freshman starting at Left Tackle. Think Jalen Sami, but not grayshirted or redshirted, but since they both have the exact same game experience, they're basically the same player.

I'd argue that I don't believe I've ever likened our talent level to Bama or Clemson tier, but do tell me more about making up stories from other posts.

What facts are we working with here? The fact that this team has 8 upperclassmen on defense or that most fans predicted 3-5 wins?

And if you'd like to invite me to Casa Bonita, just say so buddy. I love burritos.
No I don't expect much if any pass rush from the D linemen except from MJ at all this season. You are the one showing no respect for AF, did I want CU to win of course I did, am I suprised CU lost no I'm not. That's one difference between us, I doubt much Sami and the left tackle will see much of one another not sure of your point, I hope to see Lang have a good game as that freshman, is who Lang matches up with. I had this game as a loss, Loved that MM was hired over foodcart, was very disappointed that he was extened, glad he is gone. The bama was a question, never said you did. Now I came on to say I was condescending to you last night, for that I apologize. However as for your invite ANYTIME

Rabbit I suck at this I'm trying to change but sometimes change is slower than we like, I didn't need to be an ass to you last night, or to anyone else that was offended. I was going to say maybe I could by you a beer sometime. I didn't need to say anything but that. Have a good day

Rabbit I suck at this I'm trying to change but sometimes change is slower than we like, I didn't need to be an ass to you last night, or to anyone else that was offended. I was going to say maybe I could by you a beer sometime. I didn't need to say anything but that. Have a good day

I wasn't offended man, so no worries.

I don't mind debating stuff, if we didn't do that on here idk what we'd do. I just try to understand where people are coming from. You're obviously not where I'm at on the staff and giving them a lot more time, that's totally understandable. It's still extremely early for this staff.

But I do have expectations, I'm tired of year in and year out we are forced to act like making a **** tier bowl game is a monumental achievement when it really isn't. The P12 isn't good, we should be able to make a freaking bowl game. That's basically where I'm at. Lose to Air Force, I don't care, but make up for it by finding 4 more wins somewhere, that's all I care about.

If they don't fix the secondary miscues by the time they come out of the bye to play zona....

giphy.gif
It’s about impossible for Tate to match his 2017 rushing performance or his 2018 passing performance against us in 2019.

He’s due for a human performance against us. So, yay.

I know what I hope and I know what I see. And what I’ve seen for 8 of 12 quarters of football trumps my hope that we will become bowl eligible. I give us little chance for a win this weekend.

I know what I hope and I know what I see. And what I’ve seen for 8 of 12 quarters of football trumps my hope that we will become bowl eligible. I give us little chance for a win this weekend.
They've tied or outscored their 3 opponents in 8 of 12 quarters so far...

They've tied or outscored their 3 opponents in 8 of 12 quarters so far...
They’ve played poorly to average. They’ve been outscored in the first two quarters overall. They’ve waited until the last portion of the third and dominated in the forth. My point is we need to come out of the gates strong in order to beat strong opponents and we haven’t done that yet. Unless you want to argue we scored 10 against AF.

Last edited:
The premise to my original prediction (6-6) of not being able to get a conference win on the road has been broken. YES! I really didn't think they would get past Sparky. If the good Montez shows up, we can beat almost anyone left on the schedule. Should be fun to watch play out.

Back