What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season Ticket Renewals Are Out

Any idea whether my seats got chairbacks too? I'm only two rows behind you. I'm not sure I want to spend the extra, but I really like our seats.

They said the first four rows behind the current chairbacks are being converted. I think you're safe.

Wish it was like the old days when they did the renewals much closer to the actual season. Sometimes they were really late with volleyball season tix renewals.

I screwed myself, too, by not getting WBB tix the first year I lived here. Lost the cumulative points and that sucks big time. They do count donations I've made since the beginning of time though.

I don't remember what the WBB tix cost last year, but it appears the highest price area has been expanded.

Thought I would bump this the renewal deadline is the 5th of June.

Me too. Would like to have some more news on OOC sked, which looks underwhelming right now. Not that it will stop me from paying up.

While it may stay underwhelming, I just want to point out that the OSU and Baylor games both didn't get announced until late last year. I know Rumblin' at one point was working on the schedule and guesstimated we had a few more games to add, so we'll see.

did they change what they considered courtside seats? I thought it used to be the first 10-12 rows and they now moved it up to the first 20 or so.

Me too. Would like to have some more news on OOC sked, which looks underwhelming right now. Not that it will stop me from paying up.

They have been calling me as well (I have not paid up yet) and when I talked to the guy I asked him what was on the schedule and who I could expect to see. He mentioned little brother and I knew about the WYO game so I mentioned that as well, and he said they didnt have any more info.
I know rumblin has posted about there being 4-5 games already on the line up, but nothing big yet.

We will just have to wait and see.

The schedule is of little significance to me. I really don't care who we play. The big games make me nervous. I about threw up before the KU game last year. I like games like Georgia, where we just mudhole the other team. Give me an OOC filled with Georgia type teams and I'm in Heaven.

The schedule is of little significance to me. I really don't care who we play. The big games make me nervous. I about threw up before the KU game last year. I like games like Georgia, where we just mudhole the other team. Give me an OOC filled with Georgia type teams and I'm in Heaven.

Exactly.

I love having some big OOC games on the schedule, but I can justify what I pay for my tickets based on the marquee Pac-12 dates and getting to watch the team develop in the early season.

Truth is, it's getting harder to attract the KUs of the world to come to Boulder. We're too damn dangerous at home, but not seen as elite for the resume.

Exactly.

I love having some big OOC games on the schedule, but I can justify what I pay for my tickets based on the marquee Pac-12 dates and getting to watch the team develop in the early season.

Truth is, it's getting harder to attract the KUs of the world to come to Boulder. We're too damn dangerous at home, but not seen as elite for the resume.

Isn't that why UK pulled out of our deal with them?

Isn't that why UK pulled out of our deal with them?

Exactly. Coach Cal was a young staffer at KU when Tad was a captain. They have a relationship that goes back 30 years. But Cal couldn't justify a travel date that would end up as a likely upset (conventional wisdom). UK can schedule anyone, so if they're going to put themselves in that position it's going to be to play at a UCLA or Michigan State that gives them a national game of the week on tv.

While it may stay underwhelming, I just want to point out that the OSU and Baylor games both didn't get announced until late last year. I know Rumblin' at one point was working on the schedule and guesstimated we had a few more games to add, so we'll see.

True but it's a lot easier to add neutral court games later on and I hope to see another of those to go along with the Diamondhead for RPI/exposure

You're in luck b/c Auburn & CSU appear to be the headliners thus far

Exactly.

Yes, bc of strong home court advantage & not being a marquee program, it serves no blueblood well to do a 1-n-1 w/ us except for KU bc of proximity. What I want to see is consistent 1-n-1's w/ good programs like Wichita St, Texas, Gonzaga, Nubs, BYU, New Mexico, Iowa, Illinois, UNLV, & Wisconsin which are either proximal or have a solid alumni base in CO or both. Just bc a 10 turned us down (UK) doesn't excuse us from from trying to date 7s & 8s. They'll get my $$$, but right now the home sked is a big letdown after last year. Prices are still cheap but they doubled them last yr partially bc of KU. And they sold out for the same reason. We're die hard loyalists but we all know the general mood of the fan base is fickle. That OOC SOS/RPI was a big part of getting an 8 seed & expanding exposure, you guys might be fine with a cupcake OOC but it's not good for the program.

True but it's a lot easier to add neutral court games later on and I hope to see another of those to go along with the Diamondhead for RPI/exposure

You're in luck b/c Auburn & CSU appear to be the headliners thus far

Yes, bc of strong home court advantage & not being a marquee program, it serves no blueblood well to do a 1-n-1 w/ us except for KU bc of proximity. What I want to see is consistent 1-n-1's w/ good programs like Wichita St, Texas, Gonzaga, Nubs, BYU, New Mexico, Iowa, Illinois, UNLV, & Wisconsin which are either proximal or have a solid alumni base in CO or both. Just bc a 10 turned us down (UK) doesn't excuse us from from trying to date 7s & 8s. They'll get my $$$, but right now the home sked is a big letdown after last year. Prices are still cheap but they doubled them last yr partially bc of KU. And they sold out for the same reason. We're die hard loyalists but we all know the general mood of the fan base is fickle. That OOC SOS/RPI was a big part of getting an 8 seed & expanding exposure, you guys might be fine with a cupcake OOC but it's not good for the program.

Who said he was fine with a cupcake schedule?

I'm one of the biggest RPI scheduling nazis there is.

I don't need to see elites, though. I appreciate good competition that will be in the RPI 80-180 range for the bulk of the OOC home schedule. Those match ups don't necessarily excite casual fans. But I love to see the UCSBs of the world come to the Keg.

I've posted this before, but clearly I need to again

Colorado offering $$$ for opening weekend Div I opponent (solid RPI) here in Boulder (Nov 14 preferred). Looking to start H&H with High Major here in Boulder also, dates include Nov18-19

It is interesting being in this kind of gray area. We are too good at home, that we threaten the blue bloods, but we are not good enough for them to schedule the trip because a loss could cost them in RPI/perception.

Can't wait to be on the right side of that line.

off topic, but I've seen that site before -- like a dating site for AD's. Makes the whole collegiate sports thing seem a lot smaller, but when you think about it, how else would they do it? nobody is networked with every D1 athletic department.

If they could throw in a game against UNM, Creighton, Wichita, BYU or Boise, that would be perfect. Perhaps even an old B12 team like Texas Tech, ISU or KSU. Those are teams that won't make me throw up, but would be fun games to watch.

If they could throw in a game against UNM, Creighton, Wichita, BYU or Boise, that would be perfect. Perhaps even an old B12 team like Texas Tech, ISU or KSU. Those are teams that won't make me throw up, but would be fun games to watch.

Don't like KSU but it would be a quality RPI game. Any home and home against a NCAA team from a power six conference is probably a good one.

Don't like KSU but it would be a quality RPI game. Any home and home against a NCAA team from a power six conference is probably a good one.
Didn't we beat them 3 times in the same year not that long ago and they still were saying they were the better team?:bang:

Didn't we beat them 3 times in the same year not that long ago and they still were saying they were the better team?:bang:

No, They only said that after the first 2 wins. That pussy jacob pullen finally backed down after we whipped them a third time.

Pullen after game 1: "This one hurt, man," Pullen said. "Four years as a Wildcat, I never lost to Colorado. No disrespect to them but I just always felt that we had the better team. Losing to them tonight hurt a lot."

After Game 2: He kept his mouth shut, but needed 12 shots to score 12 points in a chenesque buzzer beater gone wrong for the cats

After Game 3:
"We made some bad decisions," Pullen said. "It's the same thing that plagued us when we weren't doing well in the Big 12. We were undisciplined, we gave up some easy shots and we made some bad decisions on offense and it cost us the game. At this time of year, you can't have those type of breakdowns or those type of lapses, or you'll never be able to beat a good team."
Even though it took 3 times, it's nice to see that a kid from an ag school can learn. I'd like to see them again.

Back