What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Selling Selling 2 tix USC Sec 106

HawkIzTrash

Club Member
Club Member
I have 2 tickets in section 106 row 22 (basically 40 yard line) for the USC game that I need to unload. Im asking $500 for each (that’s a little less than what those are going for plus no fees). We have chair-backs too.

Last edited:
I would do $500 each. I’m not trying to price gouge. I’m just trying to help pay for the 6 other tickets that I possess. I’ve got some friends from work going to the game. As you all know, tickets these days are really expensive.

So you want people here to help foot the bill for your friends to go to the game. Lame.
So don't buy 'em. It's called the free market. You live in a strange place when it comes to economics.

So you want people here to help foot the bill for your friends to go to the game. Lame.
I don’t make six figures. I’m sorry. If you find a single ticket on a resell market in this section for less than $500, show me. As far I can tell, this is a discounted price. Buying these tickets through me also saves you the $90 per ticket fees. If you don’t like it, don’t buy them. If no one buys them here, I’ll sell them on seatgeek and probably get even more there. I’m giving up the best seats I’ve ever had, so that I can sit in the endzone with my friends. It cost me $2200 for 6 tickets (in a worse location) together btw

It doesn’t matter either way in the ticket exchange thread. You catch **** no matter what. I was a piece of **** bc I said, I won’t spend $600 for a ticket. @Hawks Trash you are a piece of **** for selling a ticket for $600.
It appears there are no winners in the ticket exchange thread lol. Only Losers
Will Ferrell Loser GIF

So don't buy 'em. It's called the free market. You live in a strange place when it comes to economics.
Thanks for your input, although it was entirely unnecessary. I already know where you are coming from on the economic/asshole matrix.

Have a nice day though.

It doesn’t matter either way in the ticket exchange thread. You catch **** no matter what. I was a piece of **** bc I said, I won’t spend $600 for a ticket. @Hawks Trash you are a piece of **** for selling a ticket for $600.
Will Ferrell Loser GIF
That’s completely fair.

I don’t make six figures. I’m sorry. If you find a single ticket on a resell market in this section for less than $500, show me. As far I can tell, this is a discounted price. Buying these tickets through me also saves you the $90 per ticket fees. If you don’t like it, don’t buy them. If no one buys them here, I’ll sell them on seatgeek and probably get even more there. I’m giving up the best seats I’ve ever had, so that I can sit in the endzone with my friends. It cost me $2200 for 6 tickets (in a worse location) together btw
All of this is just a justification for you wanting to make more on your tickets. It is the suggestion that your price is justified because you are trying to pay for other tickets for your friends that I find grating. If that is the case, why don't your friends pony up?

I just found that irritating. Plus, the reason that something like this exists on Allbuffs is to allow Buff fans to share and acquire seats at a reasonable price, without the burden of third party fees and what not. I don't mind you asking for more than face value. I do mind the sob story of you trying to make yourself more honorable than the ticket scalper on the corner.

And, don't think that I don't put my money where my mouth is. I have given away numerous tickets to Buffs games, in order to see them go to Buffs fans. I'm not saying that you should give yours away, but spare us the sob story.

Good luck with your ticket sale, though.

when assessing how much I'm willing to pay for entertainment (or most anything), I tend to look in terms of "hours of household take-home pay" -- (my weekly net + wife's weekly net)/(100 hours/week). the take-home pay per hour for my household is ~$50. this approximates the rate at which we earn spending money.

those who can legitimately afford and justify paying for entertainment, what is to me, whole integer multiples of my hourly take-home for hours of entertainment, is really impressive. well done, you should be very proud of the life choices you made. (y)

I'm sure some paying hundreds per ticket really can't afford it -- for those people, I hope you're having fun and get away with it :sneaky:

I couldn't possibly justify spending $600 for a game ticket. that's spending entertainment money at roughly 4x the rate I bring it in 😲

All of this is just a justification for you wanting to make more on your tickets. It is the suggestion that your price is justified because you are trying to pay for other tickets for your friends that I find grating. If that is the case, why don't your friends pony up?

I just found that irritating. Plus, the reason that something like this exists on Allbuffs is to allow Buff fans to share and acquire seats at a reasonable price, without the burden of third party fees and what not. I don't mind you asking for more than face value. I do mind the sob story of you trying to make yourself more honorable than the ticket scalper on the corner.

And, don't think that I don't put my money where my mouth is. I have given away numerous tickets to Buffs games, in order to see them go to Buffs fans. I'm not saying that you should give yours away, but spare us the sob story.

Good luck with your ticket sale, though.
I have given away tickets for free before. It’s just a different world now. You can’t get into the stadium for less than $100 these days. And yes, you’re correct, I am justifying why I am asking for $500. It’s just the reality of my circumstances, and people interested are still getting a below market value ticket. I paid market value for the new tickets I got. Why is it unreasonable to expect the same the other way? I don’t need you to be an empath. I just need someone to see the logic in getting tickets for less than what they’d get on a resale site.

I have given away tickets for free before. It’s just a different world now. You can’t get into the stadium for less than $100 these days. And yes, you’re correct, I am justifying why I am asking for $500. It’s just the reality of my circumstances, and people interested are still getting a below market value ticket. I paid market value for the new tickets I got. Why is it unreasonable to expect the sane the other way? I don’t need you to be an empath. I just need someone to see the logic in getting tickets for less than what they’d get on a resale site.
Alright, I relent. I was probably a little harsh.

Go Buffs!

I have given away tickets for free before. It’s just a different world now. You can’t get into the stadium for less than $100 these days. And yes, you’re correct, I am justifying why I am asking for $500. It’s just the reality of my circumstances, and people interested are still getting a below market value ticket. I paid market value for the new tickets I got. Why is it unreasonable to expect the sane the other way? I don’t need you to be an empath. I just need someone to see the logic in getting tickets for less than what they’d get on a resale site.
Don’t stress over it. There are about 10 or so self anointed members of an “Ethics Police” on this site. Their numbers are small but they’re very tenacious and very tiresome. And they aren’t owed an explanation but kudos to you for trying.

Last edited:
Don’t stress over it. There are about 10 or so self anointed members of an “Ethics Police” on this site. There numbers are small but they’re very tenacious and very tiresome. And they aren’t owed an explanation but kudos to you for trying.
Oh, let me clear, I was not backing off of my response to your post. Your posts still have a smug, pompous quality that rubs me the wrong way, regardless of my mood.

TL/DR: Don't be such a dick.

Oh, let me clear, I was not backing off of my response to your post. Your posts still have a smug, pompous quality that rubs me the wrong way, regardless of my mood.

TL/DR: Don't be such a dick.
Of course you’re not. BTW you’re reading them with a pre-conceived bias then. Question: Do you guys ever wonder why the % of club members compared to visitors on this site is so low, given that $20/ yr is pretty cheap? I think the PC Cabal here that tries to dominate so many topics is off-putting to many visitors who visit but never join. I don’t know what the economics of this site are and I’m guessing ad revenues are up since Prime so maybe club membership is less important now. Just a thought.

You have a nice day too and Go Buffs!

Will Ferrell Loser GIF
Glad you’re catching on that you are, in fact, a loser.

Will Ferrell Loser GIF
Catching **** is a purposeful feature of Allbuffs. These clowns are not anyone's bosses or moral superiors; they're just Azz Hole busybodies with an inflated sense of their own importance. The best response is to tell them to F uck Off.

Catching **** is a purposeful feature of Allbuffs. These clowns are not anyone's bosses or moral superiors; they're just Azz Hole busybodies with an inflated sense of their own importance. The best response is to tell them to F uck Off.
1695314777363.gif

Of course you’re not. BTW you’re reading them with a pre-conceived bias then. Question: Do you guys ever wonder why the % of club members compared to visitors on this site is so low, given that $20/ yr is pretty cheap? I think the PC Cabal here that tries to dominate so many topics is off-putting to many visitors who visit but never join. I don’t know what the economics of this site are and I’m guessing ad revenues are up since Prime so maybe club membership is less important now. Just a thought.

You have a nice day too and Go Buffs!
A) What do you mean by "you guys"? I'm not a mod, nor do I speak for anyone who runs the site.
B) Once again, you judge everything from an economic standpoint. There is more to life than the constant pursuit of peak profits. Allbuffs was never designed to be a big money maker. You might recall the justification for the club fees back when they were started. They were just designed to be a way that the site would not be a financial drain on those who run it. I don't know if there is any profit involved now, but I don't begrudge the admins their hookers and blow. I do wish that they would share more with the rest of the PC Cabal, but I get it.

You just seem like a sad little person, but I'm sure you think the same of me.

A) What do you mean by "you guys"? I'm not a mod, nor do I speak for anyone who runs the site.
B) Once again, you judge everything from an economic standpoint. There is more to life than the constant pursuit of peak profits. Allbuffs was never designed to be a big money maker. You might recall the justification for the club fees back when they were started. They were just designed to be a way that the site would not be a financial drain on those who run it. I don't know if there is any profit involved now, but I don't begrudge the admins their hookers and blow. I do wish that they would share more with the rest of the PC Cabal, but I get it.

You just seem like a sad little person, but I'm sure you think the same of me.
My point was that the PC slant of this site by a small number of active self-appointed thought police posters is likely off-putting to a number of visitors/lurkers who might otherwise join as club members. Just an observation. I want the site to make more money, if that's one of the mods' goals, and it seems like increasing the # of club members might be an easy way to do that.

Back