What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Senior Day - Beat ASU!

Ski took a lot of short range, high percentage shots, as did the rest of the team. It was nice to see and obviously the last couple days paid off. Great game. Congrats to Ski on a great game and Scott playing with one and a 1/3 arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With 2 very winnable games next week, getting back to .500 would be pretty damn amazing, as ****ty as this year has been.

I haven't looked at the stat line yet but felt like Thomas had a great game tonight. Nice send off for Ski after the game.

With 2 very winnable games next week, getting back to .500 would be pretty damn amazing, as ****ty as this year has been.

If I'm Tad, I challenge the team to go into a "tournament" mindset since one more loss ensures sitting home and a losing season. First round is won, now comes by far the most winnable road swing of the season. Highly unlikely we win both, but UW has closed up shop for the season and Wazzu isn't much better. UW and Wazzu are a combined 10-22 in Pac play.

The announcers were pretty bad tonight.

No ****. Among other things, the play by play guy said TWICE that the highlight ESPN showed TWICE of ASU winning in OT in Boulder two years ago was "the last time these two teams played here."

Funny ... I could have sworn I was at the game in person where CU beat ASU in Boulder last season. Have I had a stroke? Am I phasing in and out of alternative realities as I get older? :huh:

I can see the guy misstating the fact one time ... but I should think that ESPN's crack research department would have corrected him via twitter or something before he misstated it again late in the second half.

But then we are talking about ESPN.

No ****. Among other things, the play by play guy said TWICE that the highlight ESPN showed TWICE of ASU winning in OT in Boulder two years ago was "the last time these two teams played here."

Funny ... I could have sworn I was at the game in person where CU beat ASU in Boulder last season. Have I had a stroke? Am I phasing in and out of alternative realities as I get older? :huh:

I can see the guy misstating the fact one time ... but I should think that ESPN's crack research department would have corrected him via twitter or something before he misstated it again late in the second half.

But then we are talking about ESPN.

Then it must be gospel.

If I'm Tad, I challenge the team to go into a "tournament" mindset since one more loss ensures sitting home and a losing season. First round is won, now comes by far the most winnable road swing of the season. Highly unlikely we win both, but UW has closed up shop for the season and Wazzu isn't much better. UW and Wazzu are a combined 10-22 in Pac play.

UW has one only one of last 10 games (beat WSU) since beating the Buffs in Boulder with Upshaw still on the roster. Buffs need to fight through the road curse and get that one. WSU is very beatable, again barring the road curse- Buffs easily handled them at CEC, and after all, UDub beat them at home also. But the tournament mindset is a great approach for the mental concentration and effort necessary.

What was up with sendick and Ski? Is there a back story? And why does aJCsu attract douchebags?

What was up with sendick and Ski? Is there a back story? And why does aJCsu attract douchebags?

Sendek has the personality of a damp rag. ASU's bench was engaging in the sort of douchey behavior you'd expect from ASU throughout the game. Perhaps some twerp benchwarmers for ASU were mouthing off and that triggered it.

Sendek has the personality of a damp rag. ASU's bench was engaging in the sort douchey behavior you'd expect from ASU throughout the game. Perhaps some twerp benchwarmers for ASU were mouthing off and that triggered it.
I think they said on tv that herb and ski were getting into it at the pre-game shoot around. Just wondering if the people that were there or if there had been something I missed from the previous games why a grown man would engage with trash talking with ski on senior night.

Brought to you by Howdy Dong

I think they said on tv that herb and ski were getting into it at the pre-game shoot around. Just wondering if the people that were there or if there had been something I missed from the previous games why a grown man would engage with trash talking with ski on senior night.

Brought to you by Howdy Dong

You can thank [ASU G] Gerry Blakes for that one. He started off about an hour before the game talking mess. Hes a goodfriend of mine from back home. Ive played with him since I was ten years old so when he started running his mouth, I took itvery personal. Thats why I got that technical in the first half. I told him his butt was mine but I used some other words. I got atechnical. But I just wanted to get my team fired up. I felt great tonight and my body felt pretty good. I think we just battled as ateam and I think they fed off of my energy and they kept it for 40 minutes which is something that we rarely do. If we do thatconsistently, I think we can win a lot of games. It got to their whole team. When people talk mess and say Im not as good aspeople say I am, whatever it is, I take it personally. Its a credit to those guys to get me fired up and get the ball in the basket. Ishot 9-of-16.

I was in a zone. At that point in time, there was no controlling my emotions. I was just here to competeand I felt like I was back home because of Gerrys words. When youre playing open run back home,youre competing as always. Theres trash talk and theres fights but thats just how we grew up. Tonightit felt like that. But I think Coach Boyle made the right decision taking me out of the game. DominiqueCollier came in and made a three and got some rebounds and some stops and he played great. So, I cantsay that he shouldnt have taken me out but I just felt that we needed that.

http://www.cubuffs.com/pdf9/3236218.pdf

Back