What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sept. 8, 2018 CU @ kNU

this thread is incredibly timely for me personally.

I now identify myself as a Buffs fan (as well as a Hokie and a Wisconsin fan) and had dinner with a colleague last night during which I learned he was a Nub alum.

He knows I went to VT (everyone who has ever spent more than 10 minutes with me knows this) but that I live in Colorado. He's also an Supplier Quality Engineer, the arch nemesis of my current role, so we have (not so) good natured banter on a regular basis.

Nub SQE: so, have you become a Buffs fan since moving out there?
hh: hell yeah! I'm actually a season ticket holder.
Nub SQE: and have you become as nasty as the rest?
hh: OH **** YEAH!!!! I take piss filled balloons to every game to throw at the opposing team"
Nub SQE: my God!

I didn't even hesitate when confronted on this -- my mind went right into "Allbuffs mode"
Remember to push old ladies and small children down the stairs, that's how you really up your game.

I've been to that ****ing ****hole once before and have no desire to ever visit again. ****ing hideous pile of concrete filled with ****ers.

I'm enjoying comnents in this thread from CU fans whos' football team has a little over .345 win / loss record in the last 5 year and 10 year spans. Bagging on a tream with over a .657 W/L record in the same time frames is pathetic.

Carry on Buff fans.

Oh, one more thing. What is the best drink for CU fans for filling up piss balloons . Be sure to use clear balloons. Memorial Stadium enforces a hard core clear bag policy.
You have a .000 winning percentage against Northern Illinois in 2017.

@BuffSurveyor is right that there is too much support available for that program to continue to be as bad as they have been of late for very much longer. I just enjoy knowing the beat down in Boulder really kickstarted their current downward spiral.

I'm enjoying comnents in this thread from CU fans whos' football team has a little over .345 win / loss record in the last 5 year and 10 year spans. Bagging on a tream with over a .657 W/L record in the same time frames is pathetic.

Carry on Buff fans.

Oh, one more thing. What is the best drink for CU fans for filling up piss balloons . Be sure to use clear balloons. Memorial Stadium enforces a hard core clear bag policy.
Well it wasn’t nice knowing ya. With what’s happening to your program, you are going to vanish like a fart in the wind very soon.
Please feel free to bookmark this page for next year when we continue the destruction of your beloved Program that WE started.
Enjoy!

@BuffSurveyor is right that there is too much support available for that program to continue to be as bad as they have been of late for very much longer. I just enjoy knowing the beat down in Boulder really kickstarted their current downward spiral.
I honestly wonder how much longer that support will last. I acknowledge they have a passionate fan base that travels well and buys every fusker keychain and polyester pantsuit they can find. But what happens when they string together several 5-7 years? How much abuse are these people willing to take? A bunch of them traveled to Eugene, only to see them get their **** pushed in. When you can't beat Northern Illinois at home, who the Hell can you beat on the road?

I honestly wonder how much longer that support will last. I acknowledge they have a passionate fan base that travels well and buys every fusker keychain and polyester pantsuit they can find. But what happens when they string together several 5-7 years? How much abuse are these people willing to take? A bunch of them traveled to Eugene, only to see them get their **** pushed in. When you can't beat Northern Illinois at home, who the Hell can you beat on the road?

It's all they have, though. When that is an integral part of your life and identity, they will keep throwing resources at the issue until they get it right.

It's all they have, though. When that is an integral part of your life and identity, they will keep throwing resources at the issue until they get it right.
It's all they think they have. Once the team starts truly sucking, I suspect they'll find that they have other things they can do on a Saturday afternoon.

They will throw everything they have at it. That still may not be enough.

Do they have more than LSU, than Texas, than a whole list of other programs that have thrown resources at their programs without reaching the ultimate prize in recent years.

Their problem is that they are no longer a program that is high on the wish list of the best athletes, because of that they aren't high on the wish list of the best coaches either.

They no longer can count on going into Texas or California with a big red N on a T-shirt and coming out with a bunch of 4* and 5* recruits. That won't turn around unless they start winning big and their conference schedule in the B1G is going to include enough teams that are better to make sure that doesn't happen.

It used to be that they could sell kids on playing in the "Big Games." Now their big games are losses to Wisconsin and Iowa with a few beatings by Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and Michigan State thrown in.

If a kid wants play in the Socks and Underwear bowl he can do it playing for a school in a much more pleasant location than Nebraska.

That would be an awesome social experiment! Worthy of a Master's thesis.

Asparagus juice and IPA

sun-baked in old plastic milk jugs for at least a week before loading.

images

Carry on Buff fans.

Let me help you out here, Surveyor. This isn't a case of recency bias. It's called a trend. We see what is coming for the Huskers, because we lived it from 2001 - 2005. It was hard to see how bad we had become because the rest of the North was so bad - Nubs included. The fact that you don't see it staring you straight in the face is going to make it that much more delicious when it happens.

Please - never stop being you - and please keep hanging around so we can watch you go through all of the stages of grief. In case you are wondering, it starts with denial.

Yeah sure. I'll bookmark this thread. Right next to the one where you predicted NU would never be ranked worse than CU last year.

I like bookmarking threads where you make an idiot of yourself.

Frank-Divendal.jpg

Step 1: Huskers move out of state to flee Nebraska monotony of suckitude
Step 2: Husker fans bring allegiance with them to new geography
Step 3: Husker fans have kids who are embarrassed by parental dumbassery.
Step 4: Childrens of corn adopt new team allegiance.
Step 5: aNUs fans are either old or young and on meth.
Step 6: kNU in a vicious circle of generational decline.

It's like when Mexicans come to America and send western union money grams back to their homeland. That expat support does little to improve Mexico's stature in the community of nations.

Conclusion. Nebraskans are more inclined to believe NAFTA sucks and support building a wall.

Step 1: Huskers move out of state to flee Nebraska monotony of suckitude
Step 2: Husker fans bring allegiance with them to new geography
Step 3: Husker fans have kids who are embarrassed by parental dumbassery.
Step 4: Childrens of corn adopt new team allegiance.
Step 5: aNUs fans are either old or young and on meth.
Step 6: kNU in a vicious circle of generational decline.

It's like when Mexicans come to America and send western union money grams back to their homeland. That expat support does little to improve Mexico's stature in the community of nations.

Conclusion. Nebraskans are more inclined to believe NAFTA sucks and support building a wall.
Link or STFU.

He's getting pissed now. Remember last year when you said, "at no point will the buffs be ranked ahead of Nebraska." Then you disappeared for a long time? That was fun, when you were gone.
He was too busy over on the Husker board where he has a "CornSurveyor" account and poses as a CU fan. ;)

Back