What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Serious candidates

It's truly bizarro world when BCS is a calm voice of reason and sage advice.

Hell, he even made a good call dealing with Matty T this afternoon. And to top off the weirdness, I have to spread some rep around before I can rep him for it.... :wow:

:yeahthat:

Its imperative we get into Texas. There's a reason why Kansas and Missouri have gotten good all of a sudden.. Take a look at their Texas recruiting the past 5 years..
I do think the whole Texas recruiting deal is a bit overhyped by us fans. Sure it's important to have a presence in Tejas. But it doesn't make or break your program.

If the fans want a fired up coach with CU connections I'd go with Chuck Heater. He's the asst. D Coordinator at UF and a former asst under coach Mac. He's a great recruiter and with great connections.

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/bios.php?year=2009&staff=heater

And everyone would love a coach named 'Chuck' to help usherin the good ole days at CU!!!:lol:

(I can just imagine FC's head popping off right as he read this!)

Not saying he is a bad choice at all, but he would have to overcome first 'Chuck' impressions.

I wish he was more seasoned as a head coach, but a young guy that really fits the bill is Michael Haywood.

I like Haywood as a position coach, but let's remember he OC'ed the dark days of the Notre Dame program and Weis relieved him of playcalling duties. Would be a recruiting asset though. And don't you think he's kicking himself and Miami for pulling their game against us off the schedule this year?

And everyone would love a coach named 'Chuck' to help usherin the good ole days at CU!!!:lol:

(I can just imagine FC's head popping off right as he read this!)

Not saying he is a bad choice at all, but he would have to overcome first 'Chuck' impressions.

And if it doesn't work out, HCheater would make a pretty decent handle for somebody.... :lol:

I do think the whole Texas recruiting deal is a bit overhyped by us fans. Sure it's important to have a presence in Tejas. But it doesn't make or break your program.

Those are the kids that see our games on TV though. Occasionally we might have national broadcasts, but most games are shown regionally, we should be making a bigger effort with those kids. Not saying it has to be our primary focus, but we need to improve over the current situation IMO.

I threw out McCarney's name earlier because I think it would be intriguing to see if we could get a foothold in Florida.

I threw out McCarney's name earlier because I think it would be intriguing to see if we could get a foothold in Florida.
I didn't mind your pick of McCarney. I think he coached up ISU the best he could've. I think he could be successful in Boulder, but I just don't think it's a realistic option with his legal issues.

JMHO.

I think it'd be great to get a pipeline going in Texas, but not at the expense of our California recruiting. That being said, without trying to sound stupid, I swear football players from the South play the game a lot harder. They fight for yardage and just mainly live for football. Football is definitely big out west, but it just isn't a way of life like it is in the South.

I think it'd be great to get a pipeline going in Texas, but not at the expense of our California recruiting. That being said, without trying to sound stupid, I swear football players from the South play the game a lot harder. They fight for yardage and just mainly live for football. Football is definitely big out west, but it just isn't a way of life like it is in the South.
orly_owl.jpg

salaam.jpg

Back