What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Should CU End Their Series With csu?

Should CU Axe The Series With csu?

• Yes

Votes: 58 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 67 53.6%

• Total voters

Not yes, but hell yes.

Make up your goddamn mind, would ya??? :cool:

But then what would be the point of the board? Maybe some people just like to hear themselves talk. :smile2:

Troo :smile2:

As for the CSU series, there seems to be a disconnect here between the "CSU is a zero and we have nothing to gain from playing them" and "Why should we be building up the competition?" ideas. Sometimes even in the same post. If CSU is competition, I agree that playing them has a downside that needs to be considered. If not, and if CU can make more money and get better exposure than they would get from a potential replacement (or at least a replacement that doesn't carry more risk of taking a loss - i.e. if we replaced them with a top level Big XI team...) then it makes sense for CU to continue. To me, CU and CSU don't compete for ticket sales, as casual CFB fans in the area might consider a trip to Boulder for a game, but Ft. Fun isn't even on the radar. They compete a little bit for recruits, but only to the extent that the bottom of CU's in-state list meets the top end of the in-state list that would consider CSU. That is a few recruits a year, or at least should be if CU is recruiting at the level they should be (as Hawk seems to be able to do...) Unless somebody can show me that the CSU series is leaving a lot of money on the table, that little bit of competition doesn't seem to be near enough reason to get rid of the series... :huh:

Back