What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signing Day Press Conference LIVE from the Keg (CEC) at 3:00 PM

Ok..so...the luncheon. How do I get a ticket? I am off tonight, so won't be sleeping. I do have a quick surgical thing at 10:30 but I could make it. Can I buy one at the door? Anyone have a table and an extra ticket? I really hope the put up the video of the conference today so I can watch.

He did a great job of naming high school and high school coaches (even position coaches) during his presser. Coach Mac has the personal touch and there's nothing that feels phony about it.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, I have a man-crush and it's growing.

tmi

Good insight into recruiting his son, Jay.

HCMM had 4 other coaches review film without Coach Mac being in the room and report back. His message to them was that "don't recommend him if he can't help us win. He has other offers and can go play somewhere else." That's the right way to have handled that.
While I agree that's the right approach, I think it's still hard to tell your boss, your son isn't good enough.

Ok..so...the luncheon. How do I get a ticket? I am off tonight, so won't be sleeping. I do have a quick surgical thing at 10:30 but I could make it. Can I buy one at the door? Anyone have a table and an extra ticket? I really hope the put up the video of the conference today so I can watch.

Just keep ice on it, but that is harder to do in public than you might think. Way to soldier on!

Just cutting a chunk out of my back that has 'abnormal cells'. A few stiches and I'll be right as rain and ready for the luncheon. If it isn't sold out. That is my concern I guess. Is there a link to the addy and for tickets?

He did a great job of naming high school and high school coaches (even position coaches) during his presser. Coach Mac has the personal touch and there's nothing that feels phony about it.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, I have a man-crush and it's growing.

Just keep ice on it, but that is harder to do in public than you might think. Way to soldier on!

Some good advice here....

Just watched again.....man oh man...I want MM here for a very long time. He has a plan, you can tell he cares about the kids, and he isn't afraid to walk away from talent if it is going to upset the team unity that he is building. I love that. This man builds for long term success. I think the great thing about his son coming here is that you can tell Jay loves Colorado because his Dad loves Colorado. You can tell Mac is excited to keep the staff together and the unity they have. I liked Mac before, but every time I hear him speak I can tell that he is heads and shoulders above what we have had here for a very long time. Plus I like that he is a man of faith, without having to be in your face about it.

Family. Buff pride. Doing it right. Good things are ahead for Buff nation gents.

Yeah! How about that, he came to every recruiting weekend dinner.

Oh wait, is that a good thing? :rolling_eyes:

That's a great thing. We have our reasons for our frustrations with Phil, but no one ever questions whether he's an excellent politician and gladhander. Probably did a great job of working the room and made those recruits feel that his office is committed to supporting the football program.

At about the 10:20 mark, HCMM says "I thought _______ was gonna be ready to go. Did I think he was a first team all-american? No..."

Who is he talking about? I can't catch it. I've stopped it and re-watched it like 3 times.

Didn't Hawk use the same "his mom is great looking" joke?

Also, anyone catch the kind of terse "I don't know Dan" comment when asked about recruiting Jay? :lol:

Q: Coach MacIntyre how do you get a top twenty, top ten recruiting class?
A: Win games.

Shocking how that works.

Didn't Hawk use the same "his mom is great looking" joke?

Also, anyone catch the kind of terse "I don't know Dan" comment when asked about recruiting Jay? :lol:
Probably not as bad as the coach's son who started at QB, where the coach quipped, he would start as long as he was sleeping with the QB's mother.

These coaches like to recycle lines. Whenever a coach isn't the first choice they like to say "I wasn't my wife's first choice either."

Back