What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons and Jefferson cleared by Admissions

I like the bigger WR's as well... they make better down field blockers for Speedy and Scott

There's been a lot of talk about how the AD / Football Program has developed a much better relationship with admissions and academic support. Things seem to be going a lot better on this front. :thumbsup:

Gee, ya think? WTF do you surmise Hawk and Bohn have been working on the past three years, after all those years of sh***y arrogance from GB and his butt-buddy Tharp?

Treat Admissions with a lil' respect, have your team post a GPA equal to the student body in general and maybe it'll be returned in kind! You reap what you sow.

It does lend some credence to the theory/comments that Kiesau was working with Jefferson all along, and they offered him when they had enough info to believe he would clear.

Smooth move, Mr. Kiesau. I believe you have a winner there.

Not to be a downer, but Simmons is pending records being turned in by the JUCO. We've been burned on this before fellas. Guess I'm still skiddish.

Not to be a downer, but Simmons is pending records being turned in by the JUCO. We've been burned on this before fellas. Guess I'm still skiddish.

8:09 pm
WR Simmons cleared to join Buffs
ringok@dailycamera.com (Kyle Ringo)

Junior college wide receiver Andre Simmons reported to Colorado today after a summer spent finishing three classes to gain eligibility. School officials reported late today that he already has been academically cleared and admitted to school in what might be a modern-day record for efficiency at CU.

holy crap who let grandpa wander around and use the computer

It is just getting the official transcript on file. A mere formality at this point. At most, he misses tomorrow because of typical college bureaucracy. He is good to go, no worries.

As a point of clarification to the casual observer:

The points being made about the new apparent cooperation between ATH Dept and Admissions is referring to their speedy turnaround, not suggesting they are letting some things slide to get the kid in.

I doubted Simmons would get here at all and was certain he'd miss a bunch of practice in the best case. I am so glad to be eating my words right now.

I sure hope he can play as good as we've pumped him up to be. I'm thinking he can play a bit.

My favorite line in the article:

".... academically cleared and admitted to school in what might be a modern-day record for efficiency at CU."

Awesome news!!! ALL of the receiving corps now has competition. That, in itself, will make them all a little bit better, IMO.

Plati said that Simmons is in, so if anyone was still worrying you can take a deep breath and relax now. :thumbsup:

no he was quoting my comment about who let grandpa dbt near a computer
I'm not a grandpa, asshole. I've just been through this several times in the past and they have never come out good. So, I'm a bit "skeptical" until I see him on the field. That's all. I am causiously hopeful that things are going to be different this time. Sounds pretty good so far.

Simas, Simmons, Darden, Ussery, Jefferson, McKnight

If they are as good as we all hope, then Smith might have made the right decision leaving CU :smile2:

I'm gonna have to head down to a practice and catch these guys in action.

If they are as good as we all hope, then Smith might have made the right decision leaving CU :smile2:

tomorrow. and the 13th. WOOT

Sorry if I came across negatively. Us old timers have been burned by the admissions process time and time again. I'm sure a lot of you understand.

And, every time, we hurt for the kid. We are never mad at them, we were mad at the process and the beurocrats that let it happen.

All of that said, it looks like Andre got it and the coaching staff got it and the admissions office got it. All did the right thing. Andre worked his ass off and the coaching staff worked with admissions to make sure everyone was on the same page. I think, in the past, they were not on the same page.

Lot of work now as we are looking for 2-3 guys to have an impact so there will be a lot of teaching going on.

And then Clemons next year

Has his transcripts arrived today? It's tuesday AUG 11th. If he has to wait much lomger, he will not be ready to play vs csu, this is a joke.

Disappointed - I thought this thread was about Simmons finally getting cleared, but the DP story is the old one from last week.

Still no confirmation that the Independence Community College paperwork has come in and been processed.

Still waiting .... :sad1:

Back