What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons

If he's not getting here until a week before camp starts, we shouldn't expect much, if anything, from him.

If he's not getting here until a week before camp starts, we shouldn't expect much, if anything, from him.

:lol:

Thanks for settling that.

This guy is going to make an impact in 2009. I doubt he is our leading receiver, but he will be a playmaker.

Wow, that article is all over the map for something titled about CU. I think Simmons may be our leading receiver by yards, if not catches. If not, he's going to be a huge distraction and free up other guys. That's also a big impact.

Simmons is our fastest receiver. He's also the only guy other than Scotty who has actually caught a pass since high school. He better get in and he better be as good as advertised.

McKnight has caught stuff since high school and is our best wr until proved otherwise. bitch.

:lol:

I doubt he is our leading receiver, but he will be a playmaker.

I seriously don't think he will be. Not in 2009. Rarely does a JUCO player have an immediate true impact, especially one coming in days before fall camp. He will have less than a week to adjust to major football. On top of that, he'll have to learn an offense. And it's not like the rest of the offense will be experts at it, they're all learning as well.

Ever since PJ Gates stated about 4 different times that he was on track and soon to be in Boulder, I prefer to wait to see the guy actually get admitted and arrive on campus before getting too exited and all Wooted up. Man, I am hoping so though!

I seriously don't think he will be. Not in 2009. Rarely does a JUCO player have an immediate true impact, especially one coming in days before fall camp. He will have less than a week to adjust to major football. On top of that, he'll have to learn an offense. And it's not like the rest of the offense will be experts at it, they're all learning as well.

We get it. You're the edgy guy with unpopular opinions.:rolleyes:

McKnight has caught stuff since high school and is our best wr until proved otherwise. bitch.

Read much?

Kind of missed the "other than Scotty" part, Skippy.

Who's the bitch? Yeah, that's what I thought. :asskicking:

I don't consider it unpopular to have tempered, realistic expectations in regards to a JUCO player arriving days before fall camp begins.

Tempered expectations? You have no expectations in this case.:lol:

For someone so interested in rational dialogue, you have a weird way of showing it. A neg rep comment of "Bwhahahahahaha" to my first post in this thread. You're a putz.

Great news. We need a big fast WR like him. Congrats on completing the academic work.

Regardless of what happens over the next few weeks, it is awesome to see a 2nd JUCO player in 2 years dedicate himself to completing the extra work necessary to getting into CU. Good luck to him in the admissions process.

I'll wait til I see him on the field but, this guy will make an impact and help a very thin wr group.

Is Mohler the exception to JUCO's contributing at CU?

No. Several Juco's have contributed over the years... Chris Brown went the Juco route. Brad Bedell was a Juco and made All American. There was a Juco center a few years ago. Abraham Wright was a Juco. Bobby Pesavento, etc.

CU just does not recruit many JUCO players so the numbers tend to be a little less.

No. Several Juco's have contributed over the years... Chris Brown went the Juco route. Brad Bedell was a Juco and made All American. There was a Juco center a few years ago. Abraham Wright was a Juco. Bobby Pesavento, etc.

CU just does not recruit many JUCO players so the numbers tend to be a little less.

Gabe Nyenhuis, Rawle King, Anwawn Jones were some other JUCO's over the last several years who contributed, Dylan Bird too, I believe. CU loses a lot more JUCO prospects than the likes of KjSU, but they do get them into school on occasion.

Chris Brown was probably the best known JUCO at CU.

I always hesitate to use Brown and Nyenhuis as Juco examples since they went to NorthWestern out of HS they obviously had the Academic side in order which is what usually messes up Jucos for CU. But none the less, they were JUCOs.

Really? Why do teams sign Juco's then that only have two years of eligibility?

If I remember right, Shaun Mohler was late last summer, did he not make an impact?

shhh, your logic hurts his brain.

And we all know what happens when Buffmania's brain hurts:

"AAAAHHHHH BRAIN HURTS!!!!! MUST NEG REP EVERYONE!!!! MUST DESTROY BOARD AAAAAHHUHHHGGHUUHH!!! I AM BUFFMANIA!!! YOU WILL NOT DEFY ME AND MY TEMPERED EXPECTATIONS!!"

Last edited:
And we all know what happens when Buffmania's brain hurts:

"AAAAHHHHH BRAIN HURTS!!!!! MUST NEG REP EVERYONE!!!! MUST DESTROY BOARD AAAAAHHUHHHGGHUUHH!!! I AM BUFFMANIA!!! YOU WILL NOT DEFY ME AND MY TEMPERED EXPECTATIONS!!"
wait, you had to edit that post? Miss an exclamation point? :lol:

I'm not certain if this has been mentioned about Simmons, But my guess here is that had he chose to go to any other school from the North he may not have had to work near as hard to get into those other schools as he did to get into CU?

Back